Which artists deserve AOTY? Part II

GraceRandolph

Who should’ve won by now?  

22 members have voted

1. 1. Poll

Continuation of this now that Harry has won, who deserves it?

I mean, you can’t really answer this without taking into consideration who else released in competition with each artist. 

Like Tracy Chapman is a great album and would have been a worthy AOTY, but against George Michael’s Faith? I’d rather George keep his win and give Tracy Song and Record for “Fast Car.” (The fact that she lost to “Don’t Worry Be Happy” is just… an all time low for the Grammys).

• Like 1

AOTY is not a “lifetime achievement prize”.  It depends on what else was released in any particular year.  And in most years there are multiple albums worthy of the prize. 

2 minutes ago, byzantium said:

AOTY is not a “lifetime achievement prize”.  It depends on what else was released in any particular year.  And in most years there are multiple albums worthy of the prize. 

What would be a "lifetime achievement prize”?

9 minutes ago, queenoftheclouds said:

Being inducted into the Grammy Hall of Fame. 

19 minutes ago, byzantium said:

It's not, although some wins at the Grammys and Oscars do come off as lifetime achievement type wins.

32 minutes ago, queenoftheclouds said:

I think the Grammys literally have an award called the “lifetime achievement award”

22 minutes ago, GraceRandolph said:

It's not, although some wins at the Grammys and Oscars do come off as lifetime achievement type wins.

It happens, particularly at the Oscar’s, but the Grammys has been less eager to embrace that type of award giving.  

I just don’t really buy arguments like X artist should win because they have not yet.  Or X album should have won because it is a great album regardless of the fact that it might have been released the same year as a better album. 

• Like 1

Rihanna

Bieber

Carly deserved it for Emotion. 

Beyonce, Madonna, SZA and Mariah easily

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.