16 Carriages vs. Texas Hold ’Em

B-Luke

Your favorite?  

71 members have voted

1. 1. Your favorite?

5 minutes ago, Hurem said:

16 Carriages

16 Carriages is a dream. I’d listen to nothing but Renaissance for the rest of time but having her SING like this on a studio album song is something a lot of us have wanted again for a while. It’s such a mature, fully realised version of something IASF Bey would’ve wanted to do. :jonny:

• Like 1

man oh man I’m gonna get dragged for this. I love Bey. Loved her every album sans IASF. IMO Ren is her best album - but neither songs are clicking with me and it’s not because they’re country. 

• Like 1

16 CARRIAGES actually gives me a headache because of the obnoxious  ‘drum beat’ and weird vocal melody. TEXAS HOLD ‘EM is a paint by numbers country song, but it’s definitely a lot easier on the ears. I can’t see myself listening to either of these songs again, but I hope her fans are enjoying them! :heart:

16 Carriages is a career highlight

Texas Hold Em. It’s giving Glee/Kidz Bop a little bit, but not in a bad way. It’s silly fun. I somehow could almost see P!nk singing it if she recorded music in that genre. :dies:

16 Carriages is a really good song, but I personally find that sound sonically a bit overwhelming. Will probably mostly listen to it in the context of the album. The same thing was the case for me with Daddy Lessons.

16 carriages got me in tears 

🔲 None of them are even a 3/10  

^^ that option is missing 

• Thumbs Down 1

Texas Hold 'Em is a better single but 16 Carriages is a masterpiece. Love both songs though

Texas is single material. It’s something radio would easily eat up. It’s very digestible. I personally prefer it.

16 carriages on the other hand is a beautifully written song and tells a story (i can see a SOTY nom hopefully I'm not reaching)

Texas rn. It’s just so fun and catchy, Cuff It’s country cousin

Texas >>>>

texas hold em is amazing but 16 carriages is one of the best songs ever....  :jonnycat:

16 Carriages for sure. I think Texas would grow on me, and it's certainly fun enough/I'd be happy for it to be a hit, but I LOATHE the whistling section :rip: It's giving car commercial.

Texas Hold'em is a bit too yeehaw for me, I don't like that sound. 16 Carriages is closer to a typical Beyonce ballad and it's beautiful. 

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.