Beyoncé - 'COWBOY CARTER'

19SLAYty9

8 minutes ago, ScorpiosGroove said:

it easily could've been if miss lazy didn't disappear and leave us high and dry as usual 

spacer.png

a music video, one performance and a tour announcement would've been enough to seal the deal 

spacer.png

Easily.

II MOST WANTED, despite what the fanbase says, could've easily taken off if they kept the momentum going on release, or did a performance, or a video, or anything.

Also, Bodyguard could be a huge WW hit

Levi, too

• Like 3

• Replies 13k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Lose My Breath

• Lovett

• Negiiiii

• Kristie Kuwa

2 minutes ago, Lose My Breath said:

Easily.

II MOST WANTED, despite what the fanbase says, could've easily taken off if they kept the momentum going on release, or did a performance, or a video, or anything.

Also, Bodyguard could be a huge WW hit

Levi, too

tbf practically anything these days could take (somewhat) off with the right push, even a song like II Most Hated which nobody really likes  :suburban:

but throwing it on spotify with that horrible cover and visualizer and then going ghost certainly won't do anything 

i agree Bodyguard could easily take off like give her one backyard performance, some playlisting and a cute summery video of her driving a car through the desert and BAM you'd have a hit 

7 hours ago, Heldenzeit said:

So this era is over, right? :chick3:

yep, there no Cuff It this time!

1 hour ago, pieuxvu said:

yep, there no Cuff It this time!

The Cuff It of CC happens to be Texas Hold Em tbh

• Thanks 2

Didn't Cuff It take off around October? We are still in that window for another viral hit. 
She's probably just relying on TikTok but ma'am you already got your viral hit. Now she needs to perform and drop a video. 

She have a few that could possibly  be that. Bodyguard, Ya Ya,  Tyrant and Levii Jeans

Levii Jeans should have been second single 

cuff it blew up like 10 wks after the album dropped.

so late may / early june something could happen. hopefully its bodyguard but i can see it being a wildcard like spaghetti or flamenco.

Do you guys think them not pushing Levii's jeans is because of Taylor's song? Like, some teams have that dumb rule that an artist cannot have multiple songs/collabs smashing together at the same time.

It's definitely interesting to see how she plays out this era.

She doesn't like doing the same thing twice so I really do hope it's not an album x tour for all 3 acts (I mean I dont mind if they are proper era's but we won't get that with Beyoncé) so if she ain't planning nothing…

Give us Act lll on November 29th this year and the movie(s) for all 3 acts in December. Feed us Honey Bee

• Like 1

the fact this era could have been bigger and more exciting with small little promo appearances. like all she had to do was drop a video for THE with a cute line dance we could all do, almost acting as like a part II to single ladies viral choreography 15 years later, done an SNL performance of THE and maybe Bodyguard, and some sort of acoustic studio performance with Miley uploaded onto her youtube page

but god forbid she gets her ass up and gives us anything other than an album 

1 hour ago, OBEY said:

Do you guys think them not pushing Levii's jeans is because of Taylor's song? Like, some teams have that dumb rule that an artist cannot have multiple songs/collabs smashing together at the same time.

no i think parkwood is just stupid as usual :rip:

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, brenda-walsh said:

the fact this era could have been bigger and more exciting with small little promo appearances. like all she had to do was drop a video for THE with a cute line dance we could all do, almost acting as like a part II to single ladies viral choreography 15 years later, done an SNL performance of THE and maybe Bodyguard, and some sort of acoustic studio performance with Miley uploaded onto her youtube page

but god forbid she gets her ass up and gives us anything other than an album 

And the ironic part is that she always says she wants her music to be consumed like Nina Simone or Prince are consumed.. spoiler: they still performed their songs and/or did interviews :rip: whos gonna tell her?

22 minutes ago, Kristie Kuwa said:

And the ironic part is that she always says she wants her music to be consumed like Nina Simone or Prince are consumed.. spoiler: they still performed their songs and/or did interviews :rip: whos gonna tell her?

like!!!!!!

i get if she doesn't want to go on a talk show and get asked about her kids and vacationing, but the whole no performances thing really irritates me. like ma'am, you are the greatest entertainer alive and you're telling me you it's too much trouble to get on a stage and sing one of YOUR songs 

• Thanks 1

cuff it us spotify trajectory, up through the peak of the second wind: 10-32-53-107-143-107-64-42-28-24-16

• Like 1

15 hours ago, brenda-walsh said:

like!!!!!!

i get if she doesn't want to go on a talk show and get asked about her kids and vacationing, but the whole no performances thing really irritates me. like ma'am, you are the greatest entertainer alive and you're telling me you it's too much trouble to get on a stage and sing one of YOUR songs 

I would love a Glastonbury performance again!

Posted (edited)

American Requiem - Don't like it. 

Blackbird - I like this version. Always enjoyed the song. But probs won't use it.

16 Carriages - Don't like the lyrics of the chorus. I like the lyrics in the verses. Production is pretty. It's cute.

Protector - I like this one. 

My Rose - It's ok.

Smoke Hour - I think it's a cute interlude. 

Texas Hold Em' - This song is a grower. I don't connect with the lyrics. If they played this in public i would bop.

Bodyguard - This one is cute. Probs won't use it but i like it. They played it at the club. Surprisingly it slaps at the club. 

Dolly P - Love hearing her speak. 

Jolene - It's ok. The lyric changes, are questionable, but i can get used to them.

At this point in the album, i ask myself, should i keep streaming? I will plow through. 

Daughter - I respect it. Not one i'm gonna use most likely.

Spaghettii - Not a fan. Will start the album again in a bit.

Alligator Tears - Boring

Smoke Hour II - OK

Just For Fun - Listen i understand people may like this. I don't.

II Most Wanted - i think the lyrics and the melody are very beautiful but i just cannot get behind this production.

LevII's Jeans - Finally a QUALITY SONG. Finally. Oh my god. THANK YOU.

Flamenco - And then we go back to this background music. Ok fine. I get it. This album is not for me. It's cute. It's cute. Ok? It's cute.

The Linda Martell Show - Ok.

Ya Ya - Listen, i see the appeal. I see it. It's just not for me baby it's not for me. The last 90 seconds are really good. But as a whole, i don't know about this one.

OH LOUISIANA - I actually think this 50 second song is pretty good.

Desert Eagle - This coulda been a cute 4 minute song. Oh well.

Riverdance - Some of the lyrics are questionable, but overall it's top 5 on the album FOR ME. Yeah. I actually really like this one. Yeah. It's a good song. Kudos. :clap3:
II Hands II Heaven - Ok. I actually forgot about this one. She's really pretty. Gotta give it to her. This one is pretty.

Tyrant - Speaking of production THIS IS PRODUCTION I CAN GET BEHIND. :falcon:It could have gone harder but i'll take whatever i can get at this point. 
Sweet ️ Honey ️ Buckin ️ - MEH again i understand people may go crazy over this song. But MEH. I kind of like the second half of the song. 
Amen - Well, it's better than American Requiem. I'll give it that. :michael:

Edited by selena_lavigne
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1
  • Thumbs Down 4

so is she actually headed to the Vegas ball or whatever :rip:  that would be such an L. This album lends itself to many late night performances just for the thematic relevance!! Do something!

This album is a CHORE to get through. OH MY GOD. But i had to listen to your ALBUM OF THE YEAR so far again to see what all the hype is about. 

• Thumbs Down 2

6 minutes ago, selena_lavigne said:

This album is a CHORE to get through. OH MY GOD. But i had to listen to your ALBUM OF THE YEAR so far again to see what all the hype is about. 

Wouldn't expect you to feel any differently 

• Haha 3

This album is aging so well. Definitely the best MPG release of the year so far.

Tyrant and II Hands II Heaven are hitting hard now. 

• Like 4

13 hours ago, Lose My Breath said:

Wouldn't expect you to feel any differently 

When it comes to country music, Miranda Lambert is one of the few artists whose albums i enjoy in full. Four The Record is a great body of work.

This could be out of the Billboard 200 top 10 by June…

12 minutes ago, nooniebao said:

This could be out of the Billboard 200 top 10 by June…

how long did ren lasT?

It's WILD that no physical version is available for sale yet that:

(1) Contains every song

(2) Has the "new" CC Cover.

That is the bare minimum, and she would have another 5/10 weeks in the top 10 (and move up a few places to a stable top 5 placement).

Even better: Give Amazon, Walmart, and Target a (full) physical edition w/ a bonus track that fits into existing album transitions?

(Hopefully the best Kacey Musgraves track for maximum coverage)

We're good.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.