• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Lose My Breath

• Lovett

• Negiiiii

• Kristie Kuwa

Joined the VPN train and HOLY SH*T- what an artistic accomplishment

This makes Renaissance look like a simple exercise lol What a crazy album this is! i cant pick a favorite yet 

Just now, Thor said:

I am but to the Apple Music previews

Make sure you listen to the full thing when it's out, it's brilliant, you'll even agree

Daughter is really becoming a fav of mine omg

So many songs and so much narrative around an album with essentially so little substance (for her standards)? I felt like, for most, the only Beyoncé thing about it was the fact she sung it. The Spaghetti intro being a statement fitting for Bey and her usually exceptional genre bending, but the horrendous song coming after sums up how this album works, or actually, how it doesn't. All of the non-country moments feel forced, neither they fit the record sonically nor they sound progressive enough to justify the break of overall cohesion. While the straight up country songs are just.. ok at best. Many of the tracks also drag, they lack structural choices that would keep them exciting throughout (like 16 Carriages, American Requiem or Ya Ya which are great and up her usual standards).

Very mixed on this. I remember hating BMS hard and setting expectations for the record low, but God damn the first listen of Ren was an experience I'll cherish forever. Here on the other hand, there is none of that thrill. I've skimmed through the thread and seen lots of acclaim so I hope it grows on me over time, but this is not the trip I hoped it would be. 

• Like 3
  • Thumbs Down 7

First half is really interesting

second half is weaker in comparison...

I'm a ******* animal

I'm a ******* centerfold

Sweet Honey Buckin is kinda giving DJ Mandy on TikTok if someone knows her :bibliahh:Mrs. Carter is actually hilarious for that one 

Edited by WeFoundWill

Spoiler

Its a 27 track album which means no way in hell its winning AOTY... a chris brown 54 track album sized mess. Anyway its not out in my country yet so still holding onto my final judgements 

SPAGHETII IN MY CAR NOW WITH THE BOSE SPEAKERS

Just now, Lose My Breath said:

Make sure you listen to the full thing when it's out, it's brilliant, you'll even agree

Yeah I will when its out in the US

Just now, shimind said:

Its a 27 track album which means no way in hell its winning AOTY... a chris brown 54 track album sized mess. Anyway its not out in my country yet so still holding onto my final judgements 

girl Midnights just won last month which has more full length songs than this in its most complete form. This won't win but that isn't why n

• Like 1

AOTY confirmed 

spacer.png

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, shimind said:

Have you even listened?

No where in any world is it comparable to a Chris Brown album.....

• Like 1

The production on this is immaculate 

The miley track is next but Just For Fun is currently making me GAG

TYRANT is life changing. holy ****. totally next level 

• Like 1

Flamenco seems underrated

• Like 1

Riiverdance (into II Hands) being the Virgo's Groove where I just gasped and lost myself in the most stunning sonic world she and everybody involved created 

Ya Ya being the America Has A Problem where the sample usage and cvnt levels are off the chart

All among her best songs already yup yup

• Like 1

It's a 10/10 (Renai was a 9/10 on first listen) for now, I need to listen to the songs individually now and see how they hold up outside the entire project

The vocals on Flamenco are some of the best on the entire album

Serving POTS

• Thanks 1

Not people comparing Beyonce to Chris Brown.

:skull:

They don't sit at the same table.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, shimind said:

Not saying that she should or will win but Speakerboxxx/The Love Below says hello lmao

• Like 2

tyrant...oh WOW

This is my top 5 for now

1. Daughter

2. American Requiem/Amen 

3. Bodyguard

4. II Most Wanted

5. Tyrant

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.