Beyoncé - 'COWBOY CARTER'

19SLAYty9

Have listened to very long snippets of most of the tracks. Promised myself I wouldn't, but navigating here and Twitter was gonna be spoiler central. 

My thoughts so far….

Spoiler

Jolene is the hit of the album. I knew knew knew she was gonna flip it and she did so exquisitely.

Part of me hopes they push a different song, because it's such an established bop. But a bop is a bop. And its head and shoulders "the" best track. 

Ya Ya is a bop, as is Riverdance, the Post Malone track too. The Miley one is a Grammy magnet. 

There's a lot to wade through and despite being Bey she's not above having an album that could have done with a few less tracks. But I legitimately wholly appreciate the effort and the shapeshift.

Rennie remains superior so far, but she definitely has potential hits on her hands here. In short, there are workable angles 

I purposefully listened to the previews to still give myself the full listening experience in order later. 

Edited by Cbreezy
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 2

• Replies 12.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Lose My Breath

• Lovett

• Negiiiii

• Kristie Kuwa

I'm not sure ACT III will be rock

I feel like this album is country/rock for sure

• Like 3

1 minute ago, KOMH said:

Ya Ya is giving fan favourite already 

It's crazy :lmao:

It will be the fan favorite

5 minutes ago, RideOrDie said:

the strings on this album are so unexpected :jonny4: so many beautiful string work 

the strings on TYRANT alone deserve every single award :jonny4:

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Cbreezy said:

Have listened to very long snippets of most of the tracks. Promised myself I wouldn't, navigating here and Twitter was gonna be spoiler central. 

My thoughts so far….

Hide contents

Jolene is the hit of the album. I knew knew knew she was gonna flip it and she did so exquisitely.

Part of me hopes they push a different song, because it's such an established bop. But a bop is a bop. And its head and shoulders "the" best track. 

Ya Ya is a bop, as is Riverdance, the Post Malone track too. The Miley one is a Grammy magnet. 

There's a lot to wade through and despite being Bey she's not above having an album that could have done with a few less tracks. But I legitimately wholly

appreciate the effort and the shapeshift.

Rennie remains superior so far, but she definitely has potential hits on her hands here. In shorty, there are workable angles 

I purposefully listened to the previewed to still give myself the full listening experience in order later. 

You've gotta listen to it in full to really judge it, the songs are wild experiences

• Like 3

QueenofCopyPaste

HANDS II HEAVEN

This is such a nightcore groovy track. I feel like I'm in a TRANCE :jonny: this one two punch with Riiverdance and this! OH MY BEY! :cries: I was in for an emotional RIDE 

OMFG

WHAT IS DESERT EAGLE

Mother looks goodT!!!! 

bodyguard is EVERYTHING :jonny5:

I can barely keep up with this thread. I'm so shocked by the universal ATRL acclaim.

2 minutes ago, Lose My Breath said:

What does YA YA sound like other than Boots?

There is something else there

It's like Why Don't You Love Me, seriously

@giRLbye.  I think you'll like it

There's a Good Vibrations from The Beach Boys sample. The song also reminds me of her Stevie tribute.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Machete said:

I wish the features were shown on the tracklist because the GP hype would be insane if they saw Post's name.

I mean it's not 2019 anymore so I doubt she'd need the help from Post Malone

I WANT A LONGER DESERT EAGLE

• Like 1

My thoughts on initial listen:

AMERIICAN REQUIEM - Did she just death growl a bit? A very powerful slow rock anthem. It's kind of all over the place and 5 min and 25 sec is kinda long, but overall I like it. It's so unique. The last part was my favorite. 9/10

BLACKBIRD - it's like a lullabye. It's so beautiful. Nice transition to 16 CARRIAGES. Those guitar strums reminds me of that Brokeback Mountain score. 9/10

16 CARRIAGES - We all love this. 10/10

PROTECTOR - A beautiful country ballad she made for children. MOTHER. Don't ever come for her kids. 10/10

MY ROSE - Ugh, why is this less than 1 min. A beautiful "interlude" nonetheless. 8/10

SMOKE HOUR - it's not really a song, it's a literal interlude. Great way to transition to THE, though. (not gonna rate this)

TEXAS HOLD 'EM - We all love this bop. 10/10

BODYGUARD - One of the standout tracks for sure. It's so catchy and kind of upbeat. Sounds timeless like THE. A single material for sure.  10/10

DOLLY P - another cute transition, a brilliant transition to JOLENE (not gonna rate this)

JOLENE - Fantastic remake. Can't stop dancing. Bey's vocal delivery made this so much better. She poured her heart out to this. The choir at the end was perfect.  10/10

DAUGHTER - Hauntingly beautiful. That "I'm colder than Titanic water" is iconic omg. This song is so well written. I'm in awe. She was singing in a different language in the middle, not sure if Spanish or Italian. 10/10

SPAGHETTI - She said f*ck genres. She served this urban bop! This is so good. Love Angryonce. 10/10 

ALLIIGATOR TEARS - Back to country sound. Drag them hypocrites, queen. Another anthem. Not my most favorite but I love this. 9/10 

SMOKE HOURS II - another interlude 😏 I guess art (not gonna rate this)

JUST FOR FUN - One of the slowest track on the album. The guy didn't add anything to track. My least favorite so far. 6/10

II MOST WANTED - Another standout track. Miley's voice sounds so rich. They blended well. Great duet. That production was amazing.  10/10

LEVII'S JEANS - A sensual bop. Love sone Seduceyoncé. The featured artist did what he had to do, whoever that is (why are the featured artists on this album not indicated btw?) 10/10

FLAMENCO - Wish this was longer. I was just starting to vibe. 8/10

THE LINDA MARTELL SHOW - not a song, just another interlude (not gonna rate this)

YA YA - Another standout for sure. She didn't have to serve that hard. It's like a musical/music scene in a movie. Hope she create an MV for this. One of her best vocal deliveries. 10/10

OH LOUISIANA - another interlude, she could have just attached this to the end of YA YA (not gonna rate this)

DESERT EAGLE - Another short one, it's only a minute. Almost like an interlude. 7/10

RIIVERDANCE - Ugh, this mellow dancey electronic RnB excellence. A certified bop! That last bit was a great transition to the next track. 10/10

II HANDS II HEAVEN - First part of this is like a house/electronic track. I dig this. It's anthemic as well. The lyrics are giving me strong imagery. Almost 6 minutes of non-stop great tunes and excellence. Smooth transition to the next track. 10/10

TYRANT - Another urban/hiphop bop. It's sl*tty. Love it. That quick beat change was sick. Another standout for me. Another smooth transition to the next track. 10/10

SWEET HONEY BUCKIN - First part is hiphop with afrobeats in the production. It kinda weird when it slowed down in the middle then it became upbeat again. It's like three songs combined into one. A experimental cute bop. Smooth transition to the next track. 9/10

AMEN - It's more like an outro where she left an important message. A great way to end this fantastic record. Bravo! 10/10

OVERALL RATING: 9.3/10

:clap3:

• Like 2

Welp. This album made me a real fan. How are we called? 

• Haha 4

RIIVERDANCE

What even is this song? :lmao:

6 minutes ago, Lose My Breath said:

None lol

Thank god for that! We dont need part 2 of a silly song

1 minute ago, Dear Reader said:

the strings on TYRANT alone deserve every single award :jonny4:

Giving very much Clean Bandit's "No Place I'd rather be"

4 minutes ago, Antisocialites said:

DESERT EAGLE WTF :jonny6:

Desert Eagle and My Rose - absolute jail required for not having those as full songs!!!!!!!!!!

• Like 1

I finished my first listen and went instantly to the Bey x Miley track again :jonny5:

QueenofCopyPaste
4 minutes ago, Lose My Breath said:

What does YA YA sound like other than Boots?

There is something else there

It's like Why Don't You Love Me, seriously

@giRLbye.  I think you'll like it

it gives me this vibe

• Like 1

WHY IS DESERT EAGLE SO SHORT BEYONCE WTFFFFFFFFF

Okay

So RIIVERDANCE sounds like an early 90's pop track mixed with IDK even what

Reminds me of Rhythm of the Night with something else

• Haha 1

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.