Beyoncé - 'COWBOY CARTER'

19SLAYty9

15 minutes ago, Mhoum said:

I still believe that it's only digital version.

All physicals are the limited edition. I ended up getting one :/

Didn't the Renaissance vinyl not start shipping till October '22? With the current logistics and mayhem going on at parkwood I wouldn't expect a standard vinyl till the fourth quarter this year tbh, the expenditure will take time, as well as the logistics and distribution…

• Replies 13k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Lose My Breath

• Lovett

• Negiiiii

• Kristie Kuwa

any chance of a gaga collab has fully left the building right

Damn this album ages WELL for me, American Requiim is soooooooooooo good! :hawkeye:

5 minutes ago, satellites.™ said:

Damn this album ages WELL for me, American Requiim is soooooooooooo good! :hawkeye:

Me too, it just gets better

Listening to a certain leak made me realize how superior and incredible this album is. 

• Haha 5
  • Thumbs Down 2

Not even to sh** on tay because she's incredibly talented. But this was definitely 100x more interesting and dynamic than TTPD. 

Its disappointing because we have been blessed with so much GREAT music this year.

• Like 2
  • Thumbs Down 3

48 minutes ago, ImpressMeMuch said:

any chance of a gaga collab has fully left the building right

It's in the deluxe coming soon 

• Haha 2

So Andrew posted a pic of him in what I'm 99% sure is Pioneertown, which is an "old west" style small town that is used often as a filming location for things.  It's also just a touristy area with a really great restaurant (pappy and harriets).  I'm wondering if they're filming something though :duca:

https://visitpioneertown.com/filming-%26-permits

I came here to check if people are talking about it and of course they are 

1 minute ago, Jon Snow said:

I came here to check if people are talking about it and of course they are 

The soon to be released album? lol

3 minutes ago, Lose My Breath said:

The soon to be released album? lol

:suburban:

Still mad that we didn't get renaissance visuals.

I miss the old days when album releases were eventful. Interviews, early morning live performance, music awards, MVs. 

• Like 5

AOTY Grammy is on lock, I fear

F0Z0fsr.gif

5 minutes ago, Born to Run said:

AOTY Grammy is on lock, I fear

F0Z0fsr.gif

Came back and **** up the studio

11 hours ago, Lose My Breath said:

Spaghetti is coming for Ya Ya on TikTok.  Is it Brazil? 

Great that I am not the only who vibes with this song. 

57 minutes ago, Mariah4life said:

I miss the old days when album releases were eventful. Interviews, early morning live performance, music awards, MVs. 

I really do too. 

It's such a hard concept to properly relay to people without sounding moany, dated, and lodged in a time of the past lol. Especially as someone who actively enjoys aspects of what's happening in music NOW.

All at once I love somee of what the digital/social media era has brought in (more voice for the consumer, direct connection to artists, sometimes more interesting creative when it comes to marketing e.g. surprise drops, visual albums etc). 

But besides that, like you said, this new era of music...especially as a Bey fan...literally means getting less and forcing oneself to be fine with it. The albums themselves are an abundance of brilliance, but everything around it is minimal to the point that we are forced to cling to crumbs as promo. The DC/DIL-4 era lover in me is gagging at how an "appearance" week of release, cliquebait clips, IG posts, and a scrapbook like beencountry.com is what we stans are now subject to as "content" and almost have to force ourselves to be excited by it all. 

As a fan with one foot in the past and one foot in the now, it's hard to wrap one's head/acceptance around her approach to her current eras when knowing how much of a standard-bearer she was for promo back in the day. Release weeks were a clean sweep of all the morning shows, GMA Summer Concert Series, Oprah/Tyra performances, commercials ahoy, new video drops. So much...content. And content, performances, interviews etc that we still talk about now. Even her more renegade eras like ST and Lemonade still gave us...more.

I actively love Bey's modern ability to gag us and I know the art of pulling that off IS surprise/delayed gratification. Also, as she gets older, so do we. So, I'm also very understanding of most artists' desire to work smarter rather than harder (especially in this pivot to a touring-led market where the release of music by and large is simply a vehicle to get to the real money maker: touring).

That said, I guess my little/long piggy-back point from your post is that it's objectively and admittedly less fun being a Bey stan these days. At a literal level. I don't need her to revert to the promo practices of the old days (as times have moved on), but being fed compelling content (of any kind) regularly during an album cycle...some of which actually doesn't even require her physical presence...would make stanning her a much more engaging process. Releasing great albums but juxtaposing them with a bare-bones experience content-wise has been...frustrating as a fan. It's even more grating for me, because I all at once enjoy the regality, deity, and effortlessly cool positioning she has in Pop culture and I **KNOW** a lot of that comes from taking on this laid-back, laissez-faire and almost indie-like approach and swooping in with occasional big moments (see: the visuals). Still, I think there is a very easy and happy medium where she can retain her "cool" while drumming up the content. At least during an album cycle. 

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

Listening to this and Renaissance back to back is an experience.

• Like 2

EVERYTIME I open up TikTok and want to record a video, it immediately starts playing "YA YA" . Y'all that's a GOOD A** SIGN! TikTok only does that when a song is going viral or about to become very viral on TikTok! :jonnycat:

It did that for Texas Hold Em, We Can't Be Friends, and Carnival. Y'allll, I think "Ya Ya" may have its MOMENTTT! :deadbanana2:

Edited by cuteboyzay

55 minutes ago, Shelter said:

@TayDuaStan is mad we like CC :rip:

The way they said in the TTPD thread that album was a lot better than this and Eternal Sunshine :rip: stanning numbers really affects your mental health 

• Haha 1

Not this bich singing opera in daughter :wanda:

I hate her

12 minutes ago, Doogle said:

The way they said in the TTPD thread that album was a lot better than this and Eternal Sunshine :rip: stanning numbers really affects your mental health 

It's how they cope. It's not even near Taylor's best 

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.