Angelina Mango - "La rondine"

ReneighIsHere

For Sanremo's covers night, Angelina Mango performed a song from her dad Pino Mango, a famous italian songwriter who tragically passed away during a concert when she was only 13. The emotional performance received a standing ovation and  is now going viral, with more than 30 million views on Sanremo's Instagram page. Unfortunately this wasn't enough for her to overpower Geolier and his huge fanbase, in fact he still managed to win the covers night (with a subpar performance)  while Angelina was ranked second. The reveal of the final top 5 caused an uproar, with people from the audience booing and leaving the building. 

Here are the links to watch the performances and the public's reaction to the top 5: 

Reels on her IG and Sanremo’s page up to more than 46 M views.

Mind you this is HUGE. She’s outdoing the second most watched by 9x.

Numbers aside, this was incredible.

• Like 1

she is basically the only good singer in this year’s competition let’s be real

• Confused 1
  • Thumbs Down 1

Oh wow. I thought RAI wouldn't upload the covers. 

29 minutes ago, Innocencelost said:

she is basically the only good singer in this year’s competition let’s be real

Annalisa is a very good singer too, she served VOCALS yesterday with her sweet dreams cover 

I loved her performance but Annalisa still gave the best performance to me. I love La Noia more than Sinceramente though! I don't mind Geolier's song either. 

• Like 1

What happened yesterday got me shocked. I cant understand the fact Geolier has a huge fanbase and stuff, but he served one of the worst performances of the night. Angelina deserved to win. Her performance is really going virla and is giving me chills clip after clip.

I still have hope for tonight. The only right choices for the win are Annalisa - Angelina - Mahmood.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, Monky_2405 said:

What happened yesterday got me shocked. I cant understand the fact Geolier has a huge fanbase and stuff, but he served one of the worst performances of the night. Angelina deserved to win. Her performance is really going virla and is giving me chills clip after clip.

I still have hope for tonight. The only right choices for the win are Annalisa - Angelina - Mahmood.

i was shocked too but i think this is gonna benefit her in the end. Everyone is talking about it and she will probably receive a lot more votes tonight to make up for what happened yesterday 

• Like 1

My favourites are 

1. Angelina

2. Mahmood

3. Annalisa

• Like 1

it's INSANE how much viral this is omg. 

8 minutes ago, ReneighIsHere said:

i was shocked too but i think this is gonna benefit her in the end. Everyone is talking about it and she will probably receive a lot more votes tonight to make up for what happened yesterday 

It's not that I don't like Geolier (even tho he is not someone I would listen to..maybe I am not young enough, even if I am from Naples, lol) but otheres deserve way more!

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Monky_2405 said:

It's not that I don't like Geolier (even tho he is not someone I would listen to..maybe I am not young enough, even if I am from Naples, lol) but otheres deserve way more!

I'm also from Naples and I don't listen to him, I do agree that others deserve it more but I won't mind if he wins even just in spite of all the racist comments we've been enduring (and his song is nice tbh)

3 minutes ago, ariananext said:

I'm also from Naples and I don't listen to him, I do agree that others deserve it more but I won't mind if he wins even just in spite of all the racist comments we've been enduring (and his song is nice tbh)

Yeah, all of these discussions about racism, "antimeridionalismo" and stuff are so unnecessary and out of focus, on both sides. I am still hoping for Angelina or Annalisa (she deserves to win so much!)

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.