J.Lo: “Adele, Taylor, Beyoncé and Billie Eilish” dominate pop music and are genuine!

insomniac

She named these peers as genuine, true to themselves and at the top of their game in her new ELLE France interview, where the interviewer asks:  

Pop music is dominated by women who control their own music and careers today. What do you think about that?  

“I love it, I think it’s great. It’s fantastic to see so many women at the top of the industry, dominating the charts in this way. When I started I didn’t see myself as a female artist, but as an artist in general, I was mainly trying to stand out musically. All those who are at the top today like Adele, Taylor, Beyoncé or Billie Eilish make music that is the pure genuine emanation of who they are. This is their expression and that’s how it should be.”  

French: https://www.elle.fr/Loisirs/Musique/News/Jennifer-Lopez-Je-me-suis-souvent-retrouvee-dans-des-relations-toxiques-4192566  

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

• Like 7

I agree with 3 of them

the other one is a stretch

Uje01aZ.gif

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, magazine said:

I agree with 3 of them

the other one is a stretch

Uje01aZ.gif

Which don’t you agree with? :coffee:

One is not like the other and doesn't write her own music :suburban:

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, insomniac said:

Which don’t you agree with? :coffee:

Let's just say: if SHE's "dominating pop" and "genuine", then so am I

Uje01aZ.gif

I love how loving she always is with pop artists, she never creates a drama and is always here to admire each and every one of them :clap3:

ICON :clap3:

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

Mi gente genuino

• Haha 1

Remove Taylor suing a teenager Swift from this and then we are good to go.

Edited by réveuse
  • Haha 4
  • Thumbs Down 3

She didn’t lie. Taylor, Beyonce and Adele are the legends of the 21st century.

I see no lies.

:clap3:

We know she just named people that would give her fan bases clout (and before you come for adele in this she has the old people clout)

• Thumbs Down 5

The way JLo is always so gracious. :clap3: 

• Thanks 3

Love you JLo, but one of these just doesn’t belong hereeee…:gaycat5: one is mainly all hype.

Dr. Alexander

I have to disagree. I miss when labels used to advise, guide, and tell artists what to do. As soon as that structure was removed, the music industry went downhill.

And you wonder why there’s no new superstars nowadays. 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Digitalism said:

We know she just named people that would give her fan bases clout (and before you come for adele in this she has the old people clout)

She’s more often praised and supported these 4 artists in particular, though :rip:

I love how classy and mature her responses always are. She's not one to dwell on the past and hold grudges :clap3:

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Maxxxine said:

The G*ga snub.. she’s so out of touch

spacer.png

She loves Gaga, but this is a recent interview and Gaga isn’t really putting out music right now and dominating pop music currently. Her speech about Gaga:

• Like 4

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.