is the Celine/Taylor situation being blown out of hand?

Asscatchem

is the Celine/Taylor situation being blown out of hand?  

78 members have voted

1. 1. is the Celine/Taylor situation being blown out of hand?

• deserved
    • not deserved

they took a photo together backstage and they are obviously on good terms. is the public just trying to tear the most successful woman of our generation down?

hTNuuW5.gif

yeah like let’s drag her for getting that award…

• Like 3
  • Haha 1
  • Thumbs Down 1

There's another video showing Taylor talking to her but Jack grabs her away...the real truth.

Obviously it's being blown out of hand :rip: Celine herself posted the picture of her and Taylor. They clearly have no beef at all. Y'all need to stop using Celine as a shield for your bitterness towards Taylor  :deadbanana4:

• Like 13
  • Thanks 1
  • Thumbs Down 1

8 minutes ago, punisher said:

yeah like let’s drag her for getting that award…

Why Dont We Have Both GIF

• Like 3
  • Thumbs Down 3

Yes. People who don’t like Taylor were looking for the smallest insignificant thing to drag her for and it was this. I said before that if Celine isn’t bothered than why are people harping about it still? It’s faux outraged. 

• Like 9

Yes obviously. Unfortunately I’m not able to decipher these poll options though 

9 minutes ago, Dephira said:

probably:

Taylor deserved to be dragged

Taylor did not deserve to be dragged

They think they know what bothers Celine more than Celine herself :bibliahh: but it's always the same with OTSH, they stick to a crazy narrative, it gets disproven and then they jump to the next. The obsession to paint Taylor as a monster and failing each and every time is disturbing.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

50 minutes ago, The Music Industry said:

Obviously it's being blown out of hand :rip: Celine herself posted the picture of her and Taylor. They clearly have no beef at all. Y'all need to stop using Celine as a shield for your bitterness towards Taylor  :deadbanana4:

Of course there is no beef...Celine is too classy to hold that against her.  That being said, what Taylor did was still rude and disrespectful no matter how you want to spin it.  It is what it is and we saw what we saw. :rip:

• Thanks 2
  • Thumbs Down 3

Yes but it’s to be expected. She’s venturing into overexposed territory so people are inevitably going to nitpick everything she does.

yes we are so TIRED 

you can't call her calculated and at the same time say she was being a rude bitxh on purpose to a beloved icon on national television 

go drag her for being an environmental terrorist instead 

• Like 1

People need a reason to drag her 

• Like 2

Celine did look very awkward with the “you’re welcome” :rip:

People are being dramatic about it, but I also cannot comprehend directing your attention to the other direction of someone who is handing you something and it does leave me with a somewhat soured impression of her.

• Like 1

She doesn't deserve to he stoned over it but it's rude and kind of weird. I mean, that's Celine Dion, the least you can do is say thanks. 

The criticism was valid because it was a weird interaction. The discourse lasted like 2 days, so it doesn't feel like too much. 

She was lost in the moment. Plus Celine had an IG story about Taylor and her getting a picture together. Nobody bats an eye when Miley ignored Meryl Streep. She was also lost in the moment. 
Taylor is held at a different standard 

It's going on for a bit too long but I do think it was a valid criticism and kinda shows how good Taylor's PR team is they way they put out that image as soon as the discourse started to happen. 

RE: The comparisons with Miley "ignoring" Meryl, Miley made eye contact with Meryl + posted after about her. In addition to that, Meryl has not been suffering from an illness and this is not her first appearance in a while. Taylor took the award from Celine without even looking at her, as lost as you are in the moment - even with people saying "she likes her, she was singing when she came out"- Taylor knows when the cameras are on her. Simple eye contact goes a long way and she should've done that at least. It's respect for people who came before you. She ignored Celine, intentionally or not, it came off as rude. 

There's plenty of reasons to drag Taylor, this one is valid in my opinion. 

• Like 2

I feel like no one is still talking about it other than atrlers and other stans :rip:

6 hours ago, Dephira said:

Like what is that :chick2:

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.