Will The Tortured Poets Department win Album of the Year?

FailSafe

AOTY   

61 members have voted

1. 1. Will it win?

• Yes
    • No

Next year? The title sounds like a 90-MC-score critical success already and we all know it will wash any album that will be released this year commercially.

Are you ready for miss Swift's 5th AOTY?

:ryan3:

It won't. Watch it be x100 better than Midnights and get the forgotten child treatment. 

• Like 12
  • Haha 1

They might as well hand it to her now

• Like 6
  • Thumbs Down 1

Hopefully not 

it's getting evermore'd automatically unfortunately

Likely not since her tour will be over a year before voting starts and so she should dominate pop culture a bit less. 

I bet the critics will be a bit stricter on her since they are getting a bit sick of domination.

Shouldn't effect her commercial success at all.

McDonald's sells a lot of burgers and no one is telling them that they're the pinnacle of cuisine and taste.

• Like 6
  • Confused 1

4 minutes ago, masochizm said:

McDonald's sells a lot of burgers and no one is telling them that they're the pinnacle of cuisine and taste.

Which is exactly why the comparison between Taylor and McDonald's never made any sense. 

Anyway, maybe we can wait to actually hear anything about it to judge if it could win AOTY? Now if the question was about a nomination... I think, unless it's unequivocally bad (which it won't be let's be real), the nomination is on lock. 

• Like 8

2 minutes ago, Klein said:

Which is exactly why the comparison between Taylor and McDonald's never made any sense. 

Anyway, maybe we can wait to actually hear anything about it to judge if it could win AOTY? Now if the question was about a nomination... I think, unless it's unequivocally bad (which it won't be let's be real), the nomination is on lock. 

The only album Taylor ever deserved AOTY for is Folklore - as a four time winner the Grammy’s have proven to be a rigged mess. This is no shade. Just facts that commercial success is a huge measurement for them, not musical excellence.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1
  • Thumbs Down 3

I mean it kinda feels like a Grammy bait album from the title alone :deadbanana2: it’s giving Oscar movies ‘The Boy Who Lost His Soul In St. Pedro 1942’

• Haha 1

Yes, without even hearing a single thing yet. Not like Midnights won for its music anyways

• Like 1

Just now, masochizm said:

The only album Taylor ever deserved AOTY for is Folklore - as a four time winner the Grammy’s have proven to be a rigged mess. This is no shade. Just facts that commercial success is a huge measurement for them, not musical excellence.

Let's just agree to disagree. 

• Like 1

There will be a new Billie Eilish album this year, so there’s automatically strong competition lol

how do u guys know it’s no even out:jonny4:

yes unless Bruno drops or Billie somehow pulls another sweep

• Thumbs Down 1

31 minutes ago, masochizm said:

And copy and paste twitter tweet won't make you sound any smarter. It just means you plagiarizing. 

Just now, Rep2000 said:

And copy and paste twitter tweet won't make you sound any smarter. It just means you plagiarizing. 

it’s actually a popular quote from azealia banks, henny… broaden your pop culture horizons.

5 minutes ago, masochizm said:

it’s actually a popular quote from azealia banks, henny… broaden your pop culture horizons.

Oh so you are just a parrot. Glad we got that settled. And no, why would I even have to care about anything Azealie says when she's a raging homophobe? I'm not such a pick me gay.

Edited by Rep2000
  • Haha 1

• ATRL Moderator

I actually very much doubt it.

This year's win was more so for her cultural dominance and commercial success than any other factor, which is a perform storm of various forces it will be virtually impossible for her to repeat next year - if ever.

No, which means it's gonna be one of her best albums! :duca: (e.g. Speak Now, Red, Evermore)

Hopefully. Just to see the haters cry even more :ryan3:

• Like 3

50 minutes ago, masochizm said:

And empty restaurants are never considered the pinnacle of taste 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.