What is your opinion on the country of Sri Lanka?

PillowCase

I've been reading the Sri Lanka reddit subreddit a lot over the past months and they seem to have a different take on life, values and relationships from what we are used to here in the West. It's unique, but that is only my take.  

I've always thought of it as a Buddhist India 

oh and M.I.A. also, of course. queen! 

30 minutes ago, PillowCase said:

I've been reading the Sri Lanka reddit subreddit a lot over the past months and they seem to have a different take on life, values and relationships from what we are used to here in the West. It's unique, but that is only my take.  

how so? just curious

In before the usual racist members derail this thread, into hate for brown people. 

A lovely place with  especially beautiful ecosystems (mangroves, seagrass beds and coral reefs), sometimes friendly people. The food is fabulous and unique. The monkeys are adorable little thieves but I want to hug them because they are cute. 

not much different from India and I wouldn't visit even if I was paid

Beautiful place. Nice people. Dangerous natural disaster area. 

i told him meet me at the trump IVANKA

Paper planes that’s all I know. And that their it girl the middle finger during Half Time with queen medge. :gaycat5:

Edited by GeeDuval

it exists, it’s probably very pretty, and it gave us queen M.I.A. :heart2:

Nicki Minaj and MIA

a bad ***** from Sri Lanka 🇱🇰 

Third world democracy. She got more records than the K.G.B.!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

M.I.A.'s Sri Lanka :clap3:

1 hour ago, 50thStateofMind said:

how so? just curious

It seems that they really stay virgins until marriage, and marriage often doesn't happen until someone is above 25. That is incomprehensible to me. 

And they have a class system and colorism which is so alien to me. And this really negative opinion of their country's administration. They seem to think that there is no chance for the country to get better in their lifetime because apparently their politicians are corrupt and hold the country back? Overall a lot of pessimism about their economical future. It's very interesting.

Edited by PillowCase

Seems like a pretty country.  But there are a lot of snakes I think. 

Thanks to Nicki, MIA and this thread, I know it exists and it actually does seem interesting based off the tidbits in this thread. I should learn more, cause why not?

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, PillowCase said:

It seems that they really stay virgins until marriage, and marriage often doesn't happen until someone is above 25. That is incomprehensible to me. 

And they have a class system and colorism which is so alien to me. And this really negative opinion of their country's administration. They seem to think that there is no chance for the country to get better in their lifetime because apparently their politicians are corrupt and hold the country back? Overall a lot of pessimism about their economical future. It's very interesting.

interesting, I didnʻt know any of that about Sri Lanka.

Iʻve seen pictures and it looks stunning, so Iʻd love to see it.

it exists, it’s probably very pretty, and it gave us queen Priya Ragu :heart2:

• Like 1

OP discovering that different countries exist in real time :deadbanana4:

• Haha 3

3 hours ago, PillowCase said:

• Like 1

On 2/1/2024 at 7:12 PM, PillowCase said:

I lived with a guy from Sri Lanka and he was the most manipulative and annoying person ever 

• Like 1

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.