Kylie to release expanded edition of Tension

Junlin

.... IDGAF. Just give us some worthy singles and music videos. This era has just felt... empty?

• Like 1

I hope we get a new banger and a tour announcement with it 

A rerelease? for what? for this to chart for one week? lol

Just move on from the Tension era and release a brand new album, you have a lot of material girl we need a different era with a different styling and artwork cuz this one was a hot mess.

Tension was so good!

i hope she has more tracks like it. The instrumental was so euphoric

hopefully she changes the hideous album cover at least 

On 2/1/2024 at 10:31 AM, livelikemusic said:

.... IDGAF. Just give us some worthy singles and music videos. This era has just felt... empty?

which is weird considering all the hype she got only for it to be squandered like why don't we have videos for holding onto now or vegas high

On 2/1/2024 at 12:46 PM, Romova99 said:

Just move on from the Tension era and release a brand new album, you have a lot of material girl we need a different era with a different styling and artwork cuz this one was a hot mess.

eh i dont mind them giving tension legs we need all the push we can get especially with how they let the era die off her artwork needs major revamping shes a legend enough with the cheap tactics and please give her some budget

On 2/1/2024 at 2:28 PM, Dula Peep said:

hopefully she changes the hideous album cover at least 

do we have any better fan art

On 2/1/2024 at 2:29 PM, stupidjock said:

so EXTENSION was what?

and where's the tracklist?

we better at least get 5 new songs

On 2/1/2024 at 6:46 PM, Romova99 said:

she honestly should just drop a short album of the best tension leftovers and announce a tour. 

I’ve already bought three separate iterations of this album and I will no doubt buy this too but the excitement has totally gone for me and I never liked this album that much to start with, yet I find myself buying more of it regardless.

Everything she does just feels like a cynical money making exercise, naked cash grab and every look designed to tick a box. I know it’s the music business and that’s exactly what it is but it’s not supposed to FEEL that cynical. 

I hope she makes some genuinely exciting music again because after 16 album cycles I’m tired of her shtick.

Edited by Dante Silva

Why did she let the era die if she was going to do this? :rip:

50 minutes ago, Spark said:

Why did she let the era die if she was going to do this? :rip:

Exactly because she was going to do this...

• Haha 1

Just now, xokuba said:

Exactly because she was going to do this...

She didn't need to stop promoting the album (properly) in September because of a re-release coming later. :rip: There's a lot more she could have done in the last 4 months, most notably being a proper video for Hold On to Now.

49 minutes ago, Spark said:

She didn't need to stop promoting the album (properly) in September because of a re-release coming later. :rip: There's a lot more she could have done in the last 4 months, most notably being a proper video for Hold On to Now.

Don't tell me, I know this myself. They weren't expecting Padam's success and Vegas residency was already lined-up. Why wasn't HOTN video released is a mystery for me too, since we know that the video was shot before PP. BMG is just a whole mess...

Edited by xokuba
  • Like 1

It's weird that last year was her most successful era in a while and yet the Disco era seemed much more impressive. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, The Next Day said:

It's weird that last year was her most successful era in a while and yet the Disco era seemed much more impressive. 

Wbk disco is the superior one 

14 minutes ago, The Next Day said:

You can tell she was much more passionate about Disco 

Excited for new Kylie regardless of what it is, I just hope they do 7-8 tracks for the re-issue (not including Drum and Heavenly Body) instead of the 3 they did for Disco.

44 minutes ago, The Next Day said:

Disco was indeed bigger though. It sold more, charted longer, and ultimately there was far more effort and passion from Kylie towards it.

I think the lack of a theme is what hurt Kylie's relationship with Tension.

...And Vegas, of course.

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, The Next Day said:

Disco overall was a much better thought of, rolled out era. she had remixes that were well planned, the multiple versions weren't simply vinyl variants, the imagery was crazy, young talent on board, a much more solid album too. this is giving Britney Jean, it was just a fancy way to promote her live shows, I'm sure they were as surprised as us that Padam Padam did what it did.

This album is infinitely better than Disco (and most of her albums period), but for some reason (and I don’t know if it’s Vegas contract details), whenever someone does a residency they limit their promo so much.

It shouldn’t be lost on anyone that Kylie’s only televised performance of Padam Padam outside of an event was American Idol and Tension got absolutely nothing. ITV won’t even let Kylie Media post it on YouTube without taking it down soon after.

What fuckin’ gives.

33 minutes ago, xluvxduffxmusicx said:

This album is infinitely better than Disco (and most of her albums period), but for some reason (and I don’t know if it’s Vegas contract details), whenever someone does a residency they limit their promo so much.

It shouldn’t be lost on anyone that Kylie’s only televised performance of Padam Padam outside of an event was American Idol and Tension got absolutely nothing. ITV won’t even let Kylie Media post it on YouTube without taking it down soon after.

What fuckin’ gives.

I think it’s because they aren’t allowed to promote outside of Vegas 

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.