Did this song give you false hope that Rihanna was going to drop new music?

Diesel is Desire

Released on 27 March 2020, PARTYNEXTDOOR dropped a collaboration with Rihanna, her first song since Wild Thoughts in June 2017 and Lemon in November 2017. 

When this song dropped, many fans believed that she would be releasing new music in 2020.

Did this release give you false hope that in 2020 she would finally be releasing new material of her own?

:sistrens:

this song is actually better than the atrocities she released in 2022 but i always saw it as a quick lil droplet done as a favour for PND.

Edited by airplane
  • Thumbs Down 1

The only thing this song gave me is nightmares. 

No, but the Super Bowl definitely did that for me

Artists usually use the superbowl to either promote something or announce a new project, so I was convinced she was preparing something and then yeah...

Definitely a wasted opportunity but her career has been half-assed for a long time.

• Like 3

Never heard this so no. Also I‘m mot delusional. :gaycatina1:

no but i thought she would be having a features streak like she did in 2017 again at least

I’ve never heard this. Just gave a listen and I don’t understand the point of the collab

Yes. This song and the superbowl were the 2 times i got my hopes up. 

Interesting that the soundtrack didn't do this to me, but this song + the SB did. 

Nope, this song felt old by the time we got it.

Lift Me Up + Superbowl did a number on me tho.

I honestly believe if it weren’t for her second pregnancy, she would be back to performing and maybe releasing a new album

1 hour ago, getBusy said:

The only thing this song gave me is nightmares. 

This 

If something like this was comming in her album I would have unstanned

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.