Calvin Harris & Rag'n'Bone Man - "Lovers In A Past Life"

juancsantoyo

Love the title already :clack:

I was going to say that Calvin should move on from releasing with previous collaborators, but then remembered that he gave Little Miss Goulding her biggest hit to date. :foxaylove2:

• Haha 1

oh yes yes yes

That voice :clap3:

Weird he's doing songs with the same people he already worked with. It didn't pay back with Desire.

Regardless, I'm always here for new Calvin. I hope this is better than Giants

He said hold you :jonny6:

Calvin said lyrical connections this time huh :clap3:

2 minutes ago, Starkboy said:

Weird he's doing songs with the same people he already worked with. It didn't pay back with Desire.

Regardless, I'm always here for new Calvin. I hope this is better than Giants

I think the issue with Desire is that 1) It was too soon after Miracle and 2) it sounded too much like Miracle

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, Starkboy said:

Weird he's doing songs with the same people he already worked with. It didn't pay back with Desire

41 minutes ago, Cqmerqn said:

I think the issue with Desire is that 1) It was too soon after Miracle and 2) it sounded too much like Miracle

And yet became an top 10 hit and stayed between an 800K/1M Spotify range, it’s definitely an hit but not massive as Miracle 

Spotify wise, Miracle is at 358M while Desire is at 156M, so about an 200M difference between each other.

Edited by Yog
  • Like 1

30 minutes ago, Yog said:

And yet became an top 10 hit and stayed between an 800K/1M Spotify range, it’s definitely an hit but not massive as Miracle 

Spotify wise, Miracle is at 358M while Desire is at 156M, so about an 200M difference between each other.

I never said it wasn’t a hit. Coming so soon after Miracle most likely prevented it from becoming a #1/top 3.

They’re both 10/10 songs, even if Miracle is better

35 minutes ago, Yog said:

Desire was pretty local to the UK, and even there it missed top10 on Spotify.

156M for a Calvin single isn't impressive. And I like the song. 

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Starkboy said:

Yeah im not sure it went top10 anywhere?

It deserved though

He's repeating collaborators, so Rita Ora is next :jonny5:jk

• Confused 1

10 minutes ago, Starkboy said:

Miracle ain’t even at 400M tho 💀Desire wasn’t much of an dip imo, it’s gonna reach 200M by next month 

2 minutes ago, Yog said:

Miracle ain’t even at 400M tho 💀Desire wasn’t much of an dip imo, it’s gonna reach 200M by next month 

Well Desire isn’t at 200m it’s at 156m.

It’s not due to hit 200m for another 3 months.

Miracle will hit 400m by its 1 year anniversary, which is good.

If he's going to keep repeating collaborators, he needs to go for Dua and/or Rihanna next.

Would be nice to see Rihanna give her dance pop fans just one more crumb for their lifetimes, since she clearly generally avoids it now otherwise.

1 minute ago, Cqmerqn said:

Well Desire isn’t at 200m it’s at 156m.

It’s not due to hit 200m for another 3 months.

Miracle will hit 400m by its 1 year anniversary, which is good.

Which again, 200m difference we already established miracle was the bigger hit, Desire isn’t bad either.

1 minute ago, Yog said:

Which again, 200m difference we already established miracle was the bigger hit, Desire isn’t bad either.

Which is over double.

I’ve just looked at Hot Hits UK and it’s still on their playlists (6 months and counting). Miracle only had 4.

Back on topic - looks like he’s continuing the trend of singles being UK chart focussed. Wonder if he’ll go back to collaborating with more global names or if he’ll continue.

I must admit it will be a little boring if it ends with Rag’n’Bone Man and goes back to his normal route. Give us an album full of trance UK smashes, King Adam!

Now that he's releasing songs with past collaborators, he should work again with Example :coffee:

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Cqmerqn said:

I was going to say that Calvin should move on from releasing with previous collaborators, but then remembered that he gave Little Miss Goulding her biggest hit to date. :foxaylove2:

biggest hit? i- :coffee:

Anyways always excited for some new Calvin. The 3 out of 3 songs he released are all really good. :clap3:

Edited by Delirious

6 hours ago, Cqmerqn said:

Which is over double.

I’ve just looked at Hot Hits UK and it’s still on their playlists (6 months and counting). Miracle only had 4.

Back on topic - looks like he’s continuing the trend of singles being UK chart focussed. Wonder if he’ll go back to collaborating with more global names or if he’ll continue.

I must admit it will be a little boring if it ends with Rag’n’Bone Man and goes back to his normal route. Give us an album full of trance UK smashes, King Adam!

Can someone please tell Spotify to **** off (Good for calvin and sam tho deserved)

Like the fact that "yes and" is still #1 on TTH despite being #16 in Spotify US. Imagine if it wasn't #1. It'd be #40 by now :rip::snowball:

• Like 1

8 hours ago, GustavoBardusco said:

He's repeating collaborators, so Rita Ora is next :jonny5:jk

I would love nothing more actually lol

8 hours ago, Just a Gay on ATRL said:

If he's going to keep repeating collaborators, he needs to go for Dua and/or Rihanna next.

Would be nice to see Rihanna give her dance pop fans just one more crumb for their lifetimes, since she clearly generally avoids it now otherwise.

Or get interesting and collab with Anitta, Camila Cabello, Jennifer Lopez, Nelly Furtado, Mabel, Halsey like come on now

Since Desire wasn‘t such a big success as Miracle I don‘t expect another trance banger. I expect the style like Body Moving or Desire VIP.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Delirious said:

biggest hit? i- :coffee:

Anyways always excited for some new Calvin. The 3 out of 3 songs he released are all really good. :clap3:

Defo her biggest UK hit

4 hours ago, SchmoodRing said:

I would love nothing more actually lol

Or get interesting and collab with Anitta, Camila Cabello, Jennifer Lopez, Nelly Furtado, Mabel, Halsey like come on now

Interesting and Camila Cabello don’t belong in the same sentence.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.