'Big Foot' PANNED by Clash

Talento

Well, that was a weekend. Megan Thee Stallion’s recent single ‘Hiss’ seemed to ruffle the feathers of long-time bete noire Nicki Minaj, the simmering tension between the two icons suddenly reaching boiling point.

Nicki Minaj seemed glued to social media all weekend, lambasting her critics and re-asserting her worth. A new song was incoming, she told followers, following her recent album ‘Pink Friday 2’; teasing the contents, she shot down those who felt it would be a Megan diss track.

In the end… it’s a Megan diss track. And that’s not the only thing predictable about ‘Big Foot’ – a series of double entendres so thinly veiled they may as well be nude, the plastic-y beat is colourful yet felt oddly dated.

Indeed, there’s no real focus to ‘Big Foot’ other than a series of vile lyrics sent in Megan’s direction. “Your flow is such a bore,” is a tepid opening lyric, but lines like “How you **** your mother man when she die?” are just awful.

“**** you get shot with no scar?” she asks, referencing Megan Thee Stallion’s shooting – something a court of law found Tory Lanez guilty of.

Perhaps the lowest element of the entire song is the couplet: “Is it my fault I got good vagin-er? Why the **** is you humping on a minor?”

Leaving aside the truly jaw-shuddering, skin-crawling rhyme structure, Nicki’s own husband Kenneth Petty is a registered sex offender due to an offence from 1994. Nicki herself earned internet ire by seemingly twerking on a 13-year-old fan at a concert. The list goes on.

Removing the context and the intense social media focus on the row between these two artists, ‘Big Foot’ feels like a miss. It revels in the obvious, doesn’t reveal anything new, and rejoices in cheap shots.

https://www.clashmusic.com/reviews/review-nicki-minaj-big-foot-void-of-context-its-a-bore/

Edited by Talento

Perhaps the lowest element of the entire song is the couplet: “Is it my fault I got good vagin-er? Why the **** is you humping on a minor?”

Leaving aside the truly jaw-shuddering, skin-crawling rhyme structure, Nicki’s own husband Kenneth Petty is a registered sex offender due to an offence from 1994. Nicki herself earned internet ire by seemingly twerking on a 13-year-old fan at a concert. The list goes on.

:deadbanana2:

It would be more efficient to open threads about publications that have not panned this song cause whew... :toofunny2:

and it's the NERVE for her 2 think, this would ****/be better than HISS ! this aint even up to par with COBRA. nicki its time to seek a new supplier.

Good! I hope more publications and media outlets start calling her out for being married to a rapist/pedophile/murderer.

It’s crazy how Nicki swears there are conspiracies against her when the opposite feels true. Everyone (outside of Twitter and ATRL) has stuck their head in the sand for years about her disgusting personal life, harassment of her husband’s victim, etc. 

This might be a contender as the worst song of all time against Accelerate at this point :rip:

Not to say that Nicki doesn't deserve the lashings regarding her husband, but why didn't they drag her for that literally last month when she dropped an entire album? It just seems a bit bandwagonny in light of the recent events.

6w6Pcz7.gif

how she still has her RABID FANBASE defending her baffles me

This is a horrible track 

But people switching up on Hiss and acting like it's a great track now  :foot:

I didn't find HISS great it's a cute track but it is better by leaps and bounds than Big Foot. I can't believe Nicki has 5 more songs for Meg. 

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.