Pinkpantheress & Shygirl take a selfie together

SmittenCake

On Wednesday night, at Valentino’s Haute Couture spring/summer 2024 show, Florence Pugh did the impossible. She managed to eke a goofball expression out of Kylie Jenner, ie, someone who has spent the past couple of days with her face fixed into a smouldering Kubrick stare. It was an image that seemed to inspire morbid fascination among the PopCrave fandom. (“Can you believe these two are friends!” etc.) The truth is, I wasn’t quite as interested in this moment, as entertaining as it was. Not when Shygirl and PinkPantheress were making their own haute couture debuts: two Brit girls on the rise and endorsed with VIP seats at Simone Rocha’s guest show for Jean Paul Gaultier.

To be seen at couture week is a co-sign that few ascendant talents can lay claim to, and so, for these two, the trip felt like a celebration. “It was all about catching up with my fashion girls over Champagne and pomme frites,” Shygirl says. “And I loved the unashamed femininity of Simone’s collection. It was sharp, delicate and the thorn corsets were my favourites.”

PinkPantheress, meanwhile, was drawn to the spiral-boobed tailoring that her high school friend and current flatmate (model and artist Evie Saunders) wore on the catwalk. “The make-up was insane and I loved everyone’s looks, but it was hers that struck me,” she says. “She looked fierce! Yves Tumor was there and looked amazing, too… but I didn’t have the courage to go up and say hello. Next time!”

DRVOGUEP-25124-04.jpg

DRVOGUEP-25124-015.JPG

queens 

• Like 1

Haven't caught up with Shygirl in a minute. Glad to know she's doing ok after her cancelling her tour with Tinashe. 

Just now, seanic said:

Haven't caught up with Shygirl in a minute. Glad to know she's doing ok after her cancelling her tour with Tinashe. 

Alias is still her best project. Hope she can make a new album with similar sound :jonnycat:

• Like 2

Icons :clap3:Give us another collab with just two of you.

isnt that the girl on bbycakes and made coochie, BOPS

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.