41yrs ago Diana Ross became the first Pop star to sing the US anthem at the Superbowl

Stankonia

Today in 1982, Diana performed the National Anthem at the Pontiac Silverdome in Michigan for SuperBowl XVI. She was the first pop star to perform the anthem at the big game and she delivered a beautiful a cappella rendition of it.

diana-ross-national-anthem-super-bowl.jpg?w=1024

9dd472ed32cd160d51ab6414fdbdb60d.jpg

The original MPG is a pop pioneer in so many ways :jonny:

• Like 8
  • Thanks 2

talented-unique.gif

• Like 1

She has also done the SuperBowl and sung at the WC when it was held in the USA. A GODLY woman :jonny6:

• Thanks 1

9 hours ago, idkwiam said:

She has also done the SuperBowl and sung at the WC when it was held in the USA. A GODLY woman :jonny6:

A little off topic but I'm so mad we never got a full fledged Tina Superbowl. I just know she would've served one of the most epic and legendaric halftime shows :jonny2:

Edited by Stankonia
  • Thanks 1

13 hours ago, Stankonia said:

A little off topic but I'm so mad we never got a full fledged Tina Superbowl. I just know she would've served one of the most epic and legendaric halftime shows :jonny2:

We had only this one which was a pre Superbowl event I think. She was 60 at the time and she still had it (even at almost 70 she was giving spectacular shows which still remains unheard). But yes we needed an official show from her cuz she's inarguably the best female performer of all times. Proud Mary, NBCL, We don't need another hero, The Best, WLGTDWI and RDMH and maybe Fool in Love could have slayed. :jonny2:

imho, this was better than Whitney’s performance.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.