MØ - 'No Mythologies to Follow (10-Year Anniversary Deluxe Edition)'

teenagecraze

3 hours ago, Asscatchem said:

We want Beg For It (feat. More MØ)

no we don't, the song is a mess and a half

Edited by xokuba

3 hours ago, Asscatchem said:

We want Beg For It (feat. More MØ)

That song & the SNL performance lowkey ruined her trajectory in the US market. I’m not sure if it’s something she would look back at fondly :gaycat6:

• Like 1

Listening to New Years Eve on New Years Eve has become a bit of a personal tradition for me nowadays. So many good memories of this era for me, I remember the day XXX 88 premiered and was number 1 on hypem.com for weeks and weeks. 

She came through swinging, I just wish they’d put one more w/ Elliphant onto this too - would fit perfectly.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

14 hours ago, likefoxesdo said:

You guys are wack… Motordrome and When I Was Young are pure excellence

erm…. motordrome was a mess. I managed to make WIWY into a good album with all the droplets and now I need to revisit the old Mac to find that tracklist. 

OT - this is such a brilliant body of work I just hope the four new songs add to it and don’t just feel like a random addition. Her using photos from different eras on the vinyl is giving me anxiety. 

3 hours ago, Joesuxx said:

erm…. motordrome was a mess. I managed to make WIWY into a good album with all the droplets and now I need to revisit the old Mac to find that tracklist. 

OT - this is such a brilliant body of work I just hope the four new songs add to it and don’t just feel like a random addition. Her using photos from different eras on the vinyl is giving me anxiety. 

Idk, I think songs like Hip Bones, Youth Is Lost, Wheelspin, Goosebumps, and Punches are the perfect continuation/evolution of the NMTF sound, and the other half of the album is some of her best pure-pop material :michael:

• Like 4

I love this album :jonny: I can’t believe it’s been 10 years wtf 

Wow I played this album a few times this year already because of the 10 year nostalgia, I never thought she'd do anything with it though

If there's a tour I'm there :jonny5:

On 1/24/2024 at 12:48 PM, campelo said:

She is playing concerts in Copenhagen and London 

Just copped tickets to XOYO. Can’t wait. 

6 minutes ago, Joesuxx said:

Just copped tickets to XOYO. Can’t wait. 

Oh, I didn't know there was a presale. Mind sharing the link?

9 minutes ago, headztrong said:

Oh, I didn't know there was a presale. Mind sharing the link?

I got youu

• Thanks 1

Can't wait :jonny5:

Loving Fake Chanel

• 4 weeks later...

shes never going to top NMTF i fear , fake chanel is better than most of what shes released since then (apart from a few songs on Motordrome ):monkey:

where tf is Hours Of Fun thou ? why put New Year's Eve on here (its good but already officially released) and not that incredible song? we lost :monkey:

Edited by s1974181

• 2 weeks later...

well fake chanel is amazinggggggg

bad luck is actually kinda bad ??? sounds like one of her many bad pitch demos instead of a nmtf song?? we lost
they put the worse version of anti-hero lol (but its still decent)
daydreams is beautiful wbk <3

this release is kinda fumbled and doesnt do the original album justice tbh , and its literally one of the best (and my fave) albums of all time
i will never forgive her for not putting hours of fun on here

bad luck should have been canned and both vers of daydreams included too

oh well the og album is still flawless and fake chanel is 10/10 :hippo:

2 hours ago, s1974181 said:

well fake chanel is amazinggggggg

bad luck is actually kinda bad ??? sounds like one of her many bad pitch demos instead of a nmtf song?? we lost
they put the worse version of anti-hero lol (but its still decent)
daydreams is beautiful wbk <3

this release is kinda fumbled and doesnt do the original album justice tbh , and its literally one of the best (and my fave) albums of all time
i will never forgive her for not putting hours of fun on here

bad luck should have been canned and both vers of daydreams included too

oh well the og album is still flawless and fake chanel is 10/10 :hippo:

Can we hear any of these other songs/versions anywhere?

The fact that this still slaps today

ca5f095e7d779908ca971f269ca836f1.gif

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Joesuxx said:

Can we hear any of these other songs/versions anywhere?

hours of fun - live performance on youtube , was only performed a few times around the original album release and has been missing ever since
i am actually gonna be bitter for a long time that she didnt include this and i will probably never heard the studio ver lol

anti-hero - not really i think? a version of this song has leaked but its not whats being released - the one being released has different vocals, lyrics and production (its better than the leaked ver) - however there also exists a newer/different mix of the one thats being released that has some additions and tweaks to the production that makes it even better - dont know why it wasnt used but its not a MASSIVE difference so dont worry about it , still a great song to come (even tho idk what shes saying lol)

bad luck - dont think this can be heard anywhere yet ? and it was completely new to me as well

daydreams - dont believe the normal version of this is anywhere to be heard outside of live performances on youtube unfortunately. the night version sounds like u would expect if youve heard the live one and other night versions - and is beautiful.
dont understand why she only chose to release the night version , like she did with Freedom on Bikini Daze , and not reward her fans with both thou... like would it have killed her to drop both?

imo it should have been:

18. Fake Chanel
19. Hours of Fun
20. Anti-Hero
21. Daydreams
22. Daydreams (Night Version)
23. New Year's Eve (if rly necessary but its been available on streaming platforms forever so it didnt NEED to be on here , but it probably didnt take the spot of another track and was just tacked on)

sry for the long post haha, hope it helps thou!

1 minute ago, Crayzik said:

The fact that this still slaps today

ca5f095e7d779908ca971f269ca836f1.gif

ur so right. such an incredible album, no skips, and its still just as fresh as the day she released it, i dont think i will ever get bored of it :WAP: the fact that it was her debut album too :jonny6:

• Like 2

6 hours ago, s1974181 said:

hours of fun - live performance on youtube , was only performed a few times around the original album release and has been missing ever since
i am actually gonna be bitter for a long time that she didnt include this and i will probably never heard the studio ver lol

anti-hero - not really i think? a version of this song has leaked but its not whats being released - the one being released has different vocals, lyrics and production (its better than the leaked ver) - however there also exists a newer/different mix of the one thats being released that has some additions and tweaks to the production that makes it even better - dont know why it wasnt used but its not a MASSIVE difference so dont worry about it , still a great song to come (even tho idk what shes saying lol)

bad luck - dont think this can be heard anywhere yet ? and it was completely new to me as well

daydreams - dont believe the normal version of this is anywhere to be heard outside of live performances on youtube unfortunately. the night version sounds like u would expect if youve heard the live one and other night versions - and is beautiful.
dont understand why she only chose to release the night version , like she did with Freedom on Bikini Daze , and not reward her fans with both thou... like would it have killed her to drop both?

imo it should have been:

18. Fake Chanel
19. Hours of Fun
20. Anti-Hero
21. Daydreams
22. Daydreams (Night Version)
23. New Year's Eve (if rly necessary but its been available on streaming platforms forever so it didnt NEED to be on here , but it probably didnt take the spot of another track and was just tacked on)

sry for the long post haha, hope it helps thou!

ur so right. such an incredible album, no skips, and its still just as fresh as the day she released it, i dont think i will ever get bored of it :WAP: the fact that it was her debut album too :jonny6:

Tysm! 

I can't wait to have this album on vinyl already!

• 2 weeks later...

Bad Luck is actually pretty good. My expectations were set low but it's a fun track :jamming: it's quintessentially NMTF

Edited by badvibez

so much nostalgia relistening to the anniversary album. I remember a snippet of her recording daydreams for a documentary years ago

Fake Chanel, what a bop:katie2:

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.