Maggie Lindemann - 'Headsplit'

sam.teas

i feel like this is her most experimental project, suckerpunch was mostly an extended version of paranoia but with this one she seems to be exploring other genres. 

rip my heart out: it's a cute intro, i'm gonna need more time with it because it's basically a conventional ballad but with a rock chorus, i'll have to get used to that. i'm not sure if it works as a standalone song

die for: automatically one of her best songs, it's a mix of all my favorite songs of hers; scissorhands, self sabotage, hear me out, it's not your fault :clap3:

deprecating: sounds exactly like break me!, i just wish it had a proper chorus

you hold my love: i def love how nostalgic and ethereal it sounds, i wasn't ready for the drum n bass breakdown tho

one last time: pretty much in the same vein as die for, love it

24: hits harder than any of her other rock songs, i had no idea who the other chick is but she has a really nice voice that goes well with maggie's 

hostage: very reminiscent of novocaine and casualty of your dreams, y'all can never make me hate this song

taking over me: the feature is... a choice :rip: not my favorite from her regardless, it's another one that seems loosely inspired by drum n bass specially during her verse

overall it's my least favorite out of her 3 projects so far, wish she included if it's not with you because it's a breath of fresh air very much needed imo, but it has great songs and die for is definitely a career highlight

This entire project is so good :jonny: Literally PARANOIA 2.0 :jonny: 

1. Rip My Heart Out

Least fave opening of hers,not sure, written very odd.

2. Die For

WOW we are so up rn 9/10

3. Deprecating (feat. Siiickbrain)

Always love them together 8/10

4. You Hold My Love

GEEZ!!!! My fave so far,10/10!!! THAT DROP!!!

5. One Last Time

Love the pre-chorus, I actually think this gives Linkin Park Vaaaarbs. I really love this sound,Oh wait kinda evanescence , totally love it 8.5/10 ! THE BRIDGE!!!!!!!! / Breakdown! Love that part so much. Maggie x Linkin Park would DESTROY

6. 24 (feat. Alexis Munroe)

This is a little heavier on the rock side. I love how cleaner the verses sound on this. Pre-chorus into Chorus - LOVE THAT transition. I LOVE THE VOICE OF THE FEAT!!!!! wow. Gives very Alanis sounding/Halsey vocals. Love it. Amazing song 8.5/10

7. Hostage

Typical Maggie song honestly. Not a bad thing,still great 8/10 ACTUALLY THE CHORUS , CRACK/GODCAINE!!!!! Makes me think of the Bring me back to life chorus and actually the same feeling watching the MV but the chorus section of it 9/10 

8. Taking Over Me

WHAT! SELENA!!!! That intro came in so crazy! What in the Rock Pantheress. ! The Feat part is so left field LOL. Idk y'all I'ma need time with this. So much going on! MARGARET! And then Von Dutch played after. I...Wow

But overall Great project ,I think I will end up really loving the crazy anxious feeling the last track gives tho. Opening track tho,bby JAIL. 9/10 Love how experimental it is. Step in the right direction to me.

Edited by blastoisebaby

This EP is fantastic omg :WAP:

24, die for and one more time are my faves tho

cantttttttt wait to hear this!

A lovely project, I'm partial to You Hold My Love in particular :flame:

• Like 1

it's cute. definitely my least fave thing she's ever done but it's still cute

I can't get into ari because this EP really is that amazing

I now love every track :weeps:

• Like 1

I was obsessed with Paranoia, but Suckerpunch didn't interest me much. 

Yea it's a grower. Still worse than her other projects but that's hard to compete.

It's missing a track like "we never even dated" 

cute.

for me: paranoia > suckerpunch > headsplit.

• Like 2

okay so my least favourites on first listen are now my favourite

rip out my heart has been on repeat for 3 days now ... :weeps:

Im gonna get dragged for this but I kinda like it more then paranoid and suckerpunch now

• Like 1

hostage is my favorite here

definitely the worst of her three projects

• Like 1

After a couple of listens its fine. I agree it is the weakest of her 3 projects. I cannot get into "you hold my love" right now, the lyrics are just too meh for me. 

I went to her album signing in NY pre-release and they played the EP while we waited for her, and it honestly sounded better over the store speakers :deadbanana: I need her to serve another Crash and Burn, Knife Under my Pillow, and Girl Next Door

23 hours ago, Alldeezy said:

okay so my least favourites on first listen are now my favourite

rip out my heart has been on repeat for 3 days now ... :weeps:

Im gonna get dragged for this but I kinda like it more then paranoid and suckerpunch now

rip out my heart was always my fave from first listen

i can definitely see why you would like it more but maybe its also recency bias? nnn

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Delirious said:

rip out my heart was always my fave from first listen

i can definitely see why you would like it more but maybe its also recency bias? nnn

it could be because it's so fresh .. paranoid was always my favourite for the longest time .. but I feel once the hype is over .. they probably will both come pretty close. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Alldeezy said:

it could be because it's so fresh .. paranoid was always my favourite for the longest time .. but I feel once the hype is over .. they probably will both come pretty close. 

cant get over how good "rip my heart out" and "you hold my love" are :clap3:

• Like 1

I love hostage, so i'm kinda excited

EDIT: Oh, this was already released. Let me listen.

Edited by Kevin2803
  • Haha 1

Obsessed, the singles are the worst songs though

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Delirious said:

cant get over how good "rip my heart out" and "you hold my love" are :clap3:

The two I have on repeat  :duca:

• Like 1

one last time is amazing. :WAP:

REAPER'S! KNOCKING! ONE! LAST! TIME! 

Finally gave this one a listen and it's so much better than I expected after being let down by Deprecating. Even now this song grew on me a lot, very solid and cohesive too which is what lacked in Suckerpunch for me.

Hostage and You Hold My Love my absolute favorites.

• 1 month later...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.