Diamonds & Dancefloors tanked. What went wrong?

Ron Ng

The album debuted at #34 (15K), none of the singles charted in the US. What happened to ATRL sweetheart? Was it because of the ugly cover? or the bad music? 

Ava_Max_-_Diamonds_and_Dancefloors_alter

The people weren't exposed to the brilliance of the music. Sleepwalker remains the hit that got away of last year :giraffe:

• Like 11

Didn't the album got leaked like one year before release?

3 minutes ago, GentleEarthquake said:

Didn't the album got leaked like one year before release?

No one knew about the leak except stan twitters

None of the songs were particularly interesting hits, and she's not particularly interesting either. Her performance at Sydney World Pride was dull.

MYTB should have been a hit but tbh I’m…usually surprised by which of her songs take off. I think I’m out of step with whatever her demographic is.

• Like 1

The songs weren't memorable :coffee:

Everyone was still saving up after spending money on gifts for Christmas

• Haha 2

It happens. It is imo one of the best albums of last year. Pure pop fun from start to finish (with 2 or 3 filler tracks)

Same reason why 'higher than heaven' flopped. The GP doesn't care for underrated pop music  

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

It was anything but the music. people can’t seem to let this vendetta against her let go and enjoy the project for what it is. A damn excellent pop piece.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

28 minutes ago, Delirious said:

It happens. It is imo one of the best albums of last year. Pure pop fun from start to finish (with 2 or 3 filler tracks)

Same reason why 'higher than heaven' flopped. The GP doesn't care for underrated pop music  

This D&D was a great record filled with bops. 

Tasteless str8s aren't gonna buy that

• Thanks 1

No hits, nothing interesting in general

It was a very boring listen and none of the singles cemented her as anything other than a faceless pop star sampling 90s hits.

Get Outta My Heart wasn't a single :wave:

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

46 minutes ago, Delirious said:

And that's sincerely!

Songs like Ghost & Get Outta My Heart washes several latest efforts from the main girls.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

no target audience for this album, it fits carly rae or even charli xcx type of niche pop solid fanbase artists. to put in perspective, this would have been robyn best album too.

ava tries but nobody said it was bad album. :mandown: 

It’s a bad album 

• Confused 1
  • Thumbs Down 5

she's super faceless

Too bad because it's BOP after BOP

I saw people dragging this album cover the first time I saw it, so I laughed and wrote it off as bad, but I have actually grown to love this cover; it’s better and more fun than the blue/standard cover. 

Turn Off the Lights was love at first listen. :heart:

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.