Better option for school  

35 members have voted

1. 1. Better option for school

• E-Books
    • Physical Books

spacer.png

for school… which do you prefer? 

physical books all the way 

Whatever gets you to read is the best bet. 

I just prefer the feel of a paperback and can also fill my bookshelves and stack them artfully around the house (I have so many books someone pls help). 

• Like 6

i prefer hardcover books. plus you can better bookmark your place with a sticky note :wink:

• Like 2

For school, ebooks cuz you can just use your laptop. No one wants to lug a physical textbook around.

• Like 1

Physical books by far

for school only ebooks, for pleasure physical

• Like 1

No books at all.

But if a gun was pointed at me: physical.

• Haha 3
  • Confused 2

Physical for sure, but e-books are convenient for scchool

• Like 1

I prefer having a physical copy but ebooks are cute for their convenience. I wish I was one of those people who will randomly pull out a physical copy in public transport like it’s nothing 

i understand the convenience of e-books/reading on your laptop, but i just don't like it at all. it's one of my boomer traits, i just prefer physical books

I personally prefer to read (or listen) via audiobook, but the collector in me will always value a physical book over an electronic one.

Both. There’s a place for both. Isn’t great living in the modern world? 

• Like 1

I personally prefer e-books, but I’m specifically more comfortable with DRM-free digital file than a proprietary “license, not own” format like Kindle (though I do still admittedly use a Kindle when I can’t get that, over physical as my last choice).

Part of it is that the sensation of some kinds of paper makes my skin crawl a little. A much bigger part of it for me is the sheer amount of space I’m saving. I can have every book I’ve ever wanted on a device that doesn’t use an LCD or LED screen, that I can also use for taking notes (Kindle Scribe, ReMarkable), that is thinner and lighter than any traditional tablet, all with battery life to last me days and days and a small enough form factor to take anywhere I go. That was absolutely essential for me when I was in school - I could take a single device with me to every class instead of having to keep track of multiple unwieldy textbooks or having to go back and forth back to my dorm/apartment all day. Sometimes I didn’t even need that device if my day was just classes that allowed laptops and I could just pull the book up there.

This preference has carried me into professional life and helped me to keep a minimalist lifestyle, so I still prefer the same things.

E-books by far, who wants to carry heavy books to school everyday :skull: 

• Like 1

Getting a Kindle was the best thing that could've happened to me and i've been reading way more.

Had it be that way while i was still in school would've been so much better and simple

i like both but i love ebooks more :michael:

Edited by Katamari

At this point, I'm all about storage and convenience—E-books.

I actually preferred physical books for school, since any e-books I had in college I would be more prone to getting distracted while I was reading since I was already on the computer :rip: E-books are certainly more convenient though for travel to-and-from campus.

For personal books, I'd say a mix of both. For casual reading, I probably prefer e-books 75% to physical books 25%. Cookbooks are almost all 100% physical books.

I do get the advantages of E-books, but I will always prefer a physical one.

Edited by TheseThingsHappen

For school: ebooks

For reading: ebooks, but getting a physical copy as a trophy for my bookshelves :fan: 

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.