SZA surpasses Mariah Carey on BB200

Jjang

Solana snatching the longest running black female album in the Top 10 and coming for that Diamond album with 2 Diamond classics? I don't know a more deserving album from recent times :jonny5:

• Like 5

Mariah doing that pre-streaming is wild

• Like 12

Just now, State of Grace. said:

Solana snatching the longest running black female album in the Top 10 and coming for that Diamond album with 2 Diamond classics? I don't know a more deserving album from recent times :jonny5:

If you told me in 2017/2018 that she's gonna make it this big (I mean, she's practically the only female artist right now whose name is right next to Taylor's on the album charts) I would have called you DELULU :ghostface:

It feels so nice to see an artist gain a following and success so organically and deservedly so. Ugh. 

• Like 8

5 minutes ago, suburbannature said:

And as a brand new artist as well. She truly is one of one. :jonny:

Anyways, congrats to SZA. Snooze has had me in a chokehold since day one. 

• Like 2

I didn't even know Mariah had that record :deadbanana2: 

But Nobody Gets Me did what it had to do :clap3:

• Like 1

Mariah was insane for having that record for so long. :deadbanana2:

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, suburbannature said:

Billboard and ATRL users would have you believe that the industry is the exact same as pre-streaming though. “Total units are the same as the 90s!!” As if the formula wasn’t reverse engineered to achieve just that 

27 minutes ago, Jjang said:

If you told me in 2017/2018 that she's gonna make it this big (I mean, she's practically the only female artist right now whose name is right next to Taylor's on the album charts) I would have called you DELULU :ghostface:

It feels so nice to see an artist gain a following and success so organically and deservedly so. Ugh. 

Same. I would have never seen it coming. Granted CTRL's success in the US was massive and its longevity is exceptional, but SOS is really on another level, on top of its success outside of the states. Absolutely deserved because it was the album that converted me :jonnycat:

• Like 2

Not Mariah having the record and with her debut :dies: I would have thought some Beyonce album or ANTI

It's always "surpassing Mariah Carey" :alexz2: but congrats to SZA

I love them both but some of these records are so specific idgi who's keeping track of them and why:rip:

• Haha 1

Although that's amazing achievement for SZA, it can't be the same with 50 weeks in top 10 before the streaming era :rip: 

• Like 1

:clap3:

"Mariah Carey's albums achievements in the US were decent" - Taylor Swift Fan.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.