FLETCHER - 'In Search of the Antidote'

Supervillain

So I started listening to Fletcher this year when she dropped Eras of Us. The singles are amazing and this record just blew my mind, I love all the tracks. The Ego Talking outro is so elevating, ATTACHED TO YOU is my fave, her vocals shining through the album, the instruments are amazing. 10/10 for me:heart: 

• Like 1

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Better Mistakes

• limelightofdawn

• halcyonday

• Tyrion_LMG

Re Attached To You, maybe I'm being stupid or overlooking something obvious but can anyone explain what she's talking about when she says in the chorus:

But comе to think of it
I think I saw the end
You didn't get a chance to choose

I don't get what she's referring to and it's bugging me haha! Saw the end of the relationship before it even begins? Choose to end it?

Loved this start to finish :clap3:

Pretending is hitting hard today

Oh wait this was GREAT.

This is a GREAT album :jonny:

Another amazing album from Fletcher! The lyrics and melodies are all so good

• Like 1

Awful album, she's never topping S(EX) Tapes huh :biblionny:

• Confused 1
  • Thumbs Down 2

I only really like maybe three or four songs on first listen tbh but I'll give it another spin or two

Loved it! The production on Ego Talking and Pretending goes OFF. Lead Me On is still a banger :clap3: Attached To You and Crush are cute, too

nbd just another banger album from her absolutely love this 

crush :jonny:

why is nobody talking about how she put kelsea ballerini's laugh on two things can be true this is peak villain era fletcher sorry becky

Crushed having an identical opening to Ed Sheer's 'Eyes Closed'. Crush and this album remains superior to anything he's done

Damn her last album unfortunately never hit me but this one is far more instantaneous ! I really enjoyed it.

A great album :clap3:

Why did radio drop Lead Me On though? :noparty:

Oh Pretending is the one!! Great album

22 hours ago, ang said:

why is nobody talking about how she put kelsea ballerini's laugh on two things can be true this is peak villain era fletcher sorry becky

wait what i thought they were friends?

On 1/25/2024 at 4:43 PM, SchmoodRing said:

I'm very curious about her. She deserves to be the next big female queer popstar. She's who Renee Rapp thinks she is

Lol that's the most accurate post I've seen a while (no shade to Renee tho)

On 3/22/2024 at 3:57 AM, limelightofdawn said:

Re Attached To You, maybe I'm being stupid or overlooking something obvious but can anyone explain what she's talking about when she says in the chorus:

But comе to think of it
I think I saw the end
You didn't get a chance to choose

I don't get what she's referring to and it's bugging me haha! Saw the end of the relationship before it even begins? Choose to end it?

how i understood it as avoidant attachment, aka. not even coming to the point where person can choose not to be with you for whatever reason,

you are already making up excuses just so you can be the first one to leave and not be ditched, cause you'd rather not go through pain of rejection and possible self-shame that will deepen the self-doubt and possible question of your worthiness.

where she's revealing she cannot come too close and wants to ditch someone before she gets ditched is in last parts of the song where she says

'id rather walk on glass than give somebody opportunity to hurt me'

• Thanks 1

i finally finished listening to the album, i was too stuck to maybe i am to even come to the end of the album, maybe i am is so good

album is 9/10 for me

idk is it just me but i see and hear Alanis Morissette influence and how possibly olivia rodrigo will sound in the future

complaints: i wish the cover was more interesting,

we didnt got single covers and when we did (eras of us) they were even more boring

videos were also not so imaginative

praises: songwriting is crazy on this album and playing with melodies that follow the emotion she wants to express.

i was impressed with how the tracklist is in perfect order.

my faves: maybe i am, ego talking, attached to you, crush,  doing better

dud: two things can be true

• Like 1

Is there anything as great as Undrunk? She was never able to top that one with her last albums.

2 minutes ago, LovaticSwiftie said:

Is there anything as great as Undrunk? She was never able to top that one with her last albums.

i think her sound evolved, undrunk sounds like an unpolished demo compared to antidote era 

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.