Nicki Minaj VS Billboard charts...who's right?

REDMAN

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• KFC

• Saint James

• Katamari

• Mr. Blue_Shirt

Top Posters In This Topic

Weird af to have such policies against how artists want to deliver their art

• Like 3
  • Haha 6
  • Confused 1
  • Thumbs Down 21

Miley added ESV without changing name?

102 likes 

1 tweet 

The desperation is real

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

Billboard, sweetie. We don’t need Pink Friday 2 (Gag City URANUS Edition)

Little Women GIF by TrueReal

Edited by Brikenbur

Every friday a new song ??

At this point , she’s the first to release a new album :redface:

i understand what she’s saying, but i don’t know what she means. Press Play wasn’t going to keep her at #1

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

Well Nicki Minaj is never right so not her. Though the album is doing great on its own which is a miracle yet she's never satisfied and always wants more.

200.gif?cid=a595bef3afso0cvzk1wjxbwj9iug

• Like 6

I mean what's the issue tho? It still gets counted on the charts

Unrelated to the Billboard discussion but I HATE how she tacks on extra songs to her albums mere days/weeks after release. As a last.fm enthusiast it drives me crazy, my scrobbles are a mess because of her

• Like 1

Outside US , PF2 is going badly :giraffe:

billboard needs a major overhaul. all these “artists” cheating the system need to be stopped. I think they should stop counting sales entirely for the Hot 100 and not allow people to have so many alternative versions of their albums + singles. Make a limit of some sort, starting with that Miss 39 cents.

Edited by airplane
  • Like 5
  • Haha 2

5 minutes ago, KFC said:

Unrelated to the Billboard discussion but I HATE how she tacks on extra songs to her albums mere days/weeks after release. As a last.fm enthusiast it drives me crazy, my scrobbles are a mess because of her

this is everyone now, it’s not just nicki. pay $1 every few months and clean up the scrobbles for everyone’s deluxe editions

• Like 3

18 minutes ago, Nico Kwon said:

Weird af to have such policies against how artists want to deliver their art

Artists can deliver their artist however they feel like. Billboard can't control what an artist chooses to do or not to do. 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Gagaqueen said:

Outside US , PF2 is going badly :giraffe:

the tour seems to be doing well though, they added another Germany date since the 1st sold out. on her last tour it was a half empty arena

• Like 1

All this is showing is that Nicki lacks any artistic integrity whatsoever.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 2

7 minutes ago, airplane said:

billboard needs a major overhaul. all these “artists” cheating the system need to be stopped. I think they should stop counting sales entirely for the Hot 100 and not allow people to have so many alternative versions of their albums + singles. Make a limit of some sort.

Yeah there has to be a limit on the number of versions, artists are doing everything they can to make their songs go number 1 for just 1 WEEK! Its tiring.

12 minutes ago, airplane said:

billboard needs a major overhaul. all these “artists” cheating the system need to be stopped. I think they should stop counting sales entirely for the Hot 100 and not allow people to have so many alternative versions of their albums + singles. Make a limit of some sort, starting with that Miss 39 cents.

Yeah, they should make it so that only the purchase of the official version counts as one sale, and all other alternative versions purchased only count for half or even quarter of a sale. That or any discounted purchases for x weeks do not count or have a smaller weighting

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Saint James said:

pay $1 every few months and clean up the scrobbles for everyone’s deluxe editions

What is this and how does it work? 

1 minute ago, KFC said:

What is this and how does it work? 

last.fm Pro. for me it's $3 which is $2 USD for 1 month, it allows you to edit the scrobbles. you can do bulk edit for 1 song, so let's say you have 'Last Time I saw You' as the single, PF2, PF2 Gag City, etc. You can edit all those plays into 1 album with one click. when im finished i cancel the subscription.

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Saint James said:

last.fm Pro. for me it's $3 which is $2 USD for 1 month, it allows you to edit the scrobbles. you can do bulk edit for 1 song, so let's say you have 'Last Time I saw You' as the single, PF2, PF2 Gag City, etc. You can edit all those plays into 1 album with one click. when im finished i cancel the subscription.

Omg I didn't know this was a thing

Thank you so much Saint James

She is OBSESSED with sales, charts and charting. Even if she tries to play it like she doesn't care. She is literally obsessed!

If she has the time to add new songs to PF2 every Friday, maybe she should've release a brand new album then :skull:

It's not like PF2 would free fall anyway since some of tracks are doing great on streaming already lmao

Edited by Mr. Blue_Shirt

48 minutes ago, BOOM! said:

She is OBSESSED with sales, charts and charting. Even if she tries to play it like she doesn't care. She is literally obsessed!

So? If you had a product that you were selling, wouldn’t you be as well?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3

I don’t see what’s wrong. Multiple artists have done deluxe versions, re-releases, etc., and never had to classify them as new releases.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.