Does gay or straight music taste really exist?

Armani?

This is stereotypical but other than obvious cultural leanings like ballroom culture does this really exist?

Discuss 

I contributed once to a Spotify team playlist at work. One of my coworkers later told me based on the songs I added, that my taste was some kind of "Alternative Indie Gay." I've thought about that ever since.

My most streamed artists the past year were Gaga, Madonna, Kylie, Selena Q, Troye, Cher, and Kim Petras. You would think I was a flamming homosexual yet I’ve never even had a sexual encounter before lololol. 

I normally would say no, but if a man likes Gaga, Beyoncé, Ariana, and Taylor then my gaydar will be going OFF, sorry. 📡📡📡📡📡

• Like 2

do straight men listen to charli xcx? 

• Haha 1

Yes. I think the most cliched artist straights like is John Mayer. If a gay person told me they stan him I’d think they were on meth.

theres always gonna be a stigma. 

but thanks to tik tok and social media, that novelty kinda dying bc ppl are gonna love a classic (or play whats trending) regardless of the music. 

Just now, Wasp said:

do straight men listen to charli xcx? 

@Tom Vercetti does:coffee:

Yes, it’s been scientifically proven that gay men have better taste in music than the straight, both genders! 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Just now, Kh-Loud said:

Yes, it’s been scientifically proven that gay men have better taste in music than the straight, both genders! 

3 minutes ago, Kh-Loud said:

100%, even lesbians have better taste than straggots

straight people's music sucks. it's either dad rock, pretentious EDM or corny male rappers 

Edited by John Slayne
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, Devin said:

:skull:

u aint sh- 

and never gonna be sh-

:bibliahh:

8 minutes ago, John Slayne said:

straight people's music sucks. it's either dad rock, pretentious EDM or corny male rappers 

How is listening only to female Pop any less stereotypical or "good taste" in this instance?:deadbanana2:

14 minutes ago, John Slayne said:

ironically gay men who only listen to britney, gaga, taylor, katy, etc. also have terrible taste in music. 

17 minutes ago, John Slayne said:

“YAS QUEEN pop girls” are not really better than any of those genres you mentioned 

Most of you are biased imho

Each genre has its own best

Saying gays have better taste is ignorant imo

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

i think girls have better taste in general because when you’re a girl you can listen whatever you want while gays and straight men are listening what the society expects from them :gaygacat5:

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Thumbs Down 1

No ppl like what they like :michael:

• Like 1

Several of my straight male friends-acquaintances have always listened to the main pop girls in general.

1 hour ago, Kh-Loud said:

yes!

1 hour ago, NOW said:

I contributed once to a Spotify team playlist at work. One of my coworkers later told me based on the songs I added, that my taste was some kind of "Alternative Indie Gay." I've thought about that ever since.

I need to listen to your playlists lol

50 minutes ago, Dialamba said:

i think girls have better taste in general because when you’re a girl you can listen whatever you want while gays and straight men are listening what the society expects from them :gaygacat5:

Umm, but why do you think girls are not trapped in this social construct too? People can totally have expectations about what music they're supposed to like. 

Edited by Strawberry Bubble

In the case of gays no, for str8 yes.

straights are more closed to listening to pop music, especially sung by women and to look more "tough" They are closed only to listening hip hop, rap, rock and the local genre (country, reggaeton...) :suburban:

Edited by unclefloprry

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.