Why Are Straight Men Either Pretty or Smart, but Not Both?

Lana Banana

The gays usually excel at being pretty and smart at the same time, however this concept often lacks in the heterosexual community. Why is that the case? Can this be solved? Discuss.

Edited by Lana Banana
  • Confused 6
  • Thumbs Down 2

Once a man realize that he's cute, he turns his beauty into his whole personality and it's even worse if he's also into fitness.

A gay guy on the other hand, usually use his beauty as a weapon and as a credit card, and you have to be smart to do that.

• Like 3

We have to be pretty and smart to succeed in a society that hates us.

• Like 3

Nobel prize winner John Steinbeck looked like Paul Walker  at young Age.

spacer.png

Edited by vale9001

The standards for a straight man to succeed and be worshipped in society are SO low they think they’re god’s gift to the earth. The lot of them get a participation trophy just for showing up even if they’re mediocre. 

Whereas for us, u have to be cute, fit, outgoing and funny but not too outgoing or funny because then you’re seen as flamboyant, smart but not too smart because then you’re a threat, it’s all exhausting.

• Like 6

If society consistently awards your mediocrity, then you don't see a need to strive beyond that. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, vale9001 said:

Nobel prize winner John Steinbeck looked like Paul Walker  at young Age.

spacer.png

An ugly version of him maybe

But no, there are plenty of hot and smart straight guys unfortunately.

I have known plenty that were both handsome and smart… or if they’re both does that mean they are closeted eff words? Lemme make a move and check. :suburban:

8 minutes ago, jakeisphat said:

I have known plenty that were both handsome and smart… or if they’re both does that mean they are closeted eff words? Lemme make a move and check. :suburban:

Definitely maggots

Because they don’t have to be both. Straight men are the most privileged people in society. If they’re attractive, they can use that to manipulate and get them anything they want. Like Matt Rife- absolutely no talent, a lame excuse of a “comedian”, and clearly lacking social intelligence but because he could afford the plastic surgery to make him conventionally attractive, he’s one of the most successful “comedians” of our time. On the flip side, if a man is intelligent, he doesn’t need good looks to be taken seriously, his intelligence speaks for itself. This wouldn’t fly for women or gay men. We have to be attractive to even be seen or acknowledged and then we need to be intelligent to have that acknowledgement sustained. :giraffe:

I’m sure there are some attractive and intelligent straight men, but the point is that it’s not expected or required in order for a straight man to be acknowledged. 

Edited by CottageHore
  • Like 2

44 minutes ago, Lana Banana said:

The gays usually excel at being pretty and smart at the same time

Ijbol

'Streights this, geys that' can yall come up with something else other then dumb made up stereotypes?

• Like 6
  • Haha 1

Because some people refer to smart people in general as nerds.

I don‘t know a single smart gay man. :psyduck:

• Haha 9

Maybe it is just the circles I am in but I know quite a few very pretty and smart straight men.  

1 hour ago, Lana Banana said:

The gays usually excel at being pretty and smart at the same time

YOUR HONOR, SHE’S REACHING

30 minutes ago, Gelato said:

I'm straight, pretty and smart. Checkmate.

Bish me too, the ****.

• Like 1

HEAVYONIT

UM most gays are NOT intelligent human beings baby girl :rip:

• Haha 1

you mean men in general because gays are worse

28 minutes ago, Heldenzeit said:

I don‘t know a single smart gay man. :psyduck:

Right? Other than me and my boyfriend, all the gay men I know are all stupid af. 

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Down 1

Many gay men are among the least intelligent or lack common sense as evident by some of the daft questions posted here. 

• Like 2

I don't think it's an issue. I actually like them handsome and dumb.

4 minutes ago, AdrianNicki said:

I don't think it's an issue. I actually like them handsome and dumb.

Might as well get a dog

1 hour ago, imabadkid said:

Whereas for us, u have to be cute, fit, outgoing and funny but not too outgoing or funny because then you’re seen as flamboyant, smart but not too smart because then you’re a threat, it’s all exhausting.

Go off Ms. Adichie 

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.