• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• rac7d

• SmittenCake

• Kyoto

• unclefloprry

Top Posters In This Topic

7 minutes ago, SmittenCake said:

love how what's supposed to be a feminist film is now only about ken/ryan gosling 

which is actually annoying as **** 

???? Even tho Billie won the golden globe last week

• Like 1

**** this stupid song. award billie for taste

• Like 1

I mean I think the song is a LOT of fun and camp, and works pretty well from a narrative point of view...

...but it absolutely SENDS me that the Barbie soundtrack is made up of several excellent female artists trying (with mixed results) to create a fun, lively soundscape for the film and yet the song that has been gaining arguably the most attention is the one where the male(s) characters are crooning away in the style of power rock ballads :toofunny3:

Even when men are being self-referentially facetious the rest of the world takes it seriously to the point of acclaim :deadbanana:

• Thanks 1

:clap3:King! 

Ryan Gosling did not win since he didn't write the song. Mark Ronson won.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 6
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, rac7d said:

???? Even tho Billie won the golden globe last week

Who cares? there's an entire KEN EP. Ken got more dolls produced than any of the Barbie's and collectors hated that. Ken is getting most of the attention and because of this I cant ever see myself watching this movie ever again. 

Just now, SmittenCake said:

Who cares? there's an entire KEN EP. Ken got more dolls produced than any of the Barbie's and collectors hated that. Ken is getting most of the attention and because of this I cant ever see myself watching this movie ever again. 

If you don’t care then why are you upsetZ

ryan releases an EP because he wanted too

i bet a lot of Ken dolls are being produced because of demand whereas their are already big supply of Barbie’s. Sorry that this movie ended up pleasing men and women and becoming a billion smash.

basicly the pop equivalent of a pop girl with a featured rapper I know how much yall hate that

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

13 minutes ago, SmittenCake said:

That is Mark Ronson campaigning for the Oscar as it's obvious Dance the Night won't be nominated and is his only shot vs Billie. Billie and Dua have been on absolutely every show and critic and talent meeting lately to campaign on their own (Dua is even neglecting Houdini entirely for that matter).

Ken got more dolls cause there were basically 0 in the market before the movie, and now have to adjust to demand (where's Barbie had 100s of versions actively on production).

Also Ryan has been getting more push than Margot and America behind the scenes to win the Oscar as him beating RDJ is more realistic than Margot beating Emma Stone this year (comparing a 1% vs a 0% chance basically).

-

To the OP, Ryan doesn't get anything as he didn't write or produce (except his confused reaction going viral right now), Mark Ronson won.

cUXa1Dt.gif

Edited by Popboi.
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, Popboi. said:

Ken got more dolls cause there were basically 0 in the market before the movie

this is not correct 

2 minutes ago, SmittenCake said:

this is not correct 

They meant in comparisons to Barbie’s themselves 

The worst part of the movie getting all this attention :rip: **** straight people 

• Like 8

You do realise that part of the movie does involve the acknowledgment of toxic masculinity and male fragility right? :deadbanana2:

• Like 2

Why are gays mad at Ken a gay icon :rip:

• Thanks 2

Interesting! 

I believe the Best Original Song race will likely come down to this and Billie's WWIMF. If Billie doesn't win the Oscar, it might be because she received one very recently for that mid Bond song, which I felt was unearned at the time. 'I'm Just Ken' (or even some other song) upsetting isn't out of the question, even though 'What Was I Made For?' is more deserving.

• Like 1

Omg what? 

Edit: Even Ryan was surprised

Edited by Jude

2 minutes ago, Reverse Warholian said:

Interesting! 

I believe the Best Original Song race will likely come down to this and Billie's WWIMF. If Billie doesn't win the Oscar, it might be because she received one very recently for that mid Bond song, which I felt was unearned at the time. 'I'm Just Ken' (or even some other song) upsetting isn't out of the question, even though 'What Was I Made For?' is more deserving.

Mark Ronson also just won BOS a few years ago

I personally think Billie deserves to win for this one more than she did for the Bond song 

• Like 1

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.