Fantasy vs. Always Be My Baby

naval23

Which one?  

43 members have voted

1. 1. Which one is Daydream's defining classic?

2. 2. Which one do you prefer?

Which one would you say is the defining classic of "Daydream" era?

Fantasy has about 75M+ more streams on Spotify (with the remix) while Always Be My Baby has 3x the YouTube views (120M vs. 360M)

Edited by naval23

Oooooh that’s a tough one I literally cannot pick a favourite, I feel like Fantasy is more remembered though 

Both are my favorites but I think ABMB slight edges out. 

I personally heard ABMB more growing up and it also had strong radio play so it feels more like the defining classic. 

Fantasy is the one got me into Mariah as a kid. My mom had a mixtape she played while cleaning the house, and the ODB remix was on there. Had little me in a chokehold :jonny: So I’d say Fantasy. I love ABMB more though.

Edited by JonginBey

I’m surprised Fantasy is doing sooo much better than ABMB

ABMB is bigger and more remembered, though Latto brought a great revival to Fantasy.

Always be my baby is cute but FANTASY is one of the best songs of all time. When you put cute next to gorgeous, gorgeous is going to devour cute! 

5 minutes ago, Eternium said:

ABMB is bigger and more remembered, though Latto brought a great revival to Fantasy.

Fantasy is pretty consistently doing over 300k daily on Spotify, though. Both are still pretty relevant, but I'd say Fantasy is the most remembered 

Two absolute classics :jonnycat: but Fantasy is that song, it never fails to put me in a good mood.

At one point it felt like Always Be My Baby since it seemed like that was getting a lot more recurrent radio play, but Fantasy has been fighting back recently and it seems like it's Daydream's signature hit again :celestial5:

In terms of preference, Fantasy by a smidge. It's top three from Mariah for me :smitten:

Edited by KLatz

Fantasy! Her second best number one 

Oh, I can't...

There's something so special about ABMB tho, that masterful production and melody along with those beautiful lyrics. Such a mesmerizing track, it is probably one of THE best songs of the 90's.

"Fantasy" is fantastic and legendary, too, don't get me wrong.

See, this is why I can't do it.

I keep trying to make up my mind about it but everytime I pick something I feel bad for the other :psyduck:

Just voted Fantasy defining classic and ABMB for favorite

urban club music is my ultimate fave so i have to vote Fantasy. not that it necessarily IS that, but it's related.

ABMB is the bigger classic tho

But it's just a sweet sweet :WAP:

fantasy is def the most defining and rightfully so.

ABMB is her best song tho. hands down.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.