YouTube begins new wave of slowdowns for users with ad blockers enabled

SmittenCake

No wonder why its been going so ******* slow. How ******* annoying

YouTube recently started slowing down its entire site whenever ad blockers are used. A new wave of slowdowns is hitting users, with the only resolutions being disabling the ad blocker or upgrading to premium.

https://9to5google.com/2024/01/13/youtube-new-wave-slow-downs-ad-blocker/

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

How about offering premium for cheaper at first? SMH 

• Like 1

uBlock Origin still working here for desktop/laptop browsers. 

• Like 11

Oh sh*t, I thought I was the only one, lol

• Like 1

Still don’t understand why people feel entitled to watch YouTube with no ads and without paying. It’s extremely expensive to host video, and it’s well within Googles right to clamp down on ad blockers, even if it’s personally inconvenient for me as I don’t pay for YouTube premium 

• Thanks 2
  • Haha 1
  • Thumbs Down 10

1 minute ago, Dephira said:

Still don’t understand why people feel entitled to watch YouTube with no ads and without paying. It’s extremely expensive to host video, and it’s well within Googles right to clamp down on ad blockers, even if it’s personally inconvenient for me as I don’t pay for YouTube premium 

There's nothing wrong with ads but multiple intrusive ads in the middle of a video are so annoying. If I had to watch two full length ads before a video, and maybe once in the middle for a longer video, I wouldn't mind. They're just too excessive 

• Like 9

Just now, ChapelHooker said:

Alphabet Inc. is literally the fifth richest cooperation in the world, they could pay every single person who creates content for them out of pocket and it would not make a dent. Not to mention that they routinely **** over the very creators who make YouTube profitable AND that the way their ads work is without a doubt the most invasive way out of any of their competitors. Also their premium model is ridiculously convoluted and overpriced. 

They're not a charity sis :rip: this is real life. They could also afford to pay 20 billion per year to charity but obviously they won't. Youtube Premium literally has two different plans at two price points, which is far simpler than any modern streaming service I'm aware of. How is it at all convoluted? 

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Dephira said:

Sorry but some of us do not have 13$ per month/156$ per year to spend. 

• Like 3

I thought my computer was ******. :rip: But uBlock Origin doesn't have this issue!

Yeah I just ended up caving in and turning mine off… it’s not THAT bad but it is still incredibly annoying. I’ve noticed YouTube just is not as active as it was 4 or 5 years ago. Once TikTok said you can upload 5-10 min videos YT has not been the same. 

2 minutes ago, ScorpiosGroove said:

it’s literally not :rip:

anti-adblock detection technology is illegal as per european law and forcing you not to use an adblock while online is seen as a security risk, also illegal 

"it’s super expensive to host videos" oh no won’t somebody think about the trillion dollar company :duca:

The EU is well within their rights to stop Youtube from operating within the EU then, if that's the case 

I ended up just paying for premium :skull:

• Like 1

nah, pretty sure my youtube is slow because of my 10yo barely working laptop :deadvision:

YouTube Revanced for Android users :cm:

• Like 1

Hopefully it will burn down and ppl migrate

but Twitter X is still running big with a psycho doing everything in his power to *** things up..

I had the Lite version of Premium cause it was cheap and removed all ads without giving me access to youtube music, but they removed that subscription plan :monkey:

7 minutes ago, Dephira said:

The EU is well within their rights to stop Youtube from operating within the EU then, if that's the case 

and consumers are well in their rights to ignore youtube’s whining and continue using the service with their ad-blocks, which they’ll do anyway ijbol 

• Haha 1

8 minutes ago, Rev8 said:

Hopefully it will burn down and ppl migrate

but Twitter X is still running big with a psycho doing everything in his power to *** things up..

Twitter is done tbh. They can’t even find advertisers these days. It’ll be like Tumblr, I’m sure it’ll still have a core base of users but it’s pretty irrelevant tbh. TikTok has taken over 

Honestly I’ve learned to live with the ads. I just hit refresh before the video begins and if that doesn’t work I’ll just wait the 10 seconds before I’m able to skip the ads. 

• Like 1

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.