Ariana Grande - 'eternal sunshine'

ariananext

i mean this era is a lot more exciting and interesting than Positions at least :rip: i keep coming back to this album a lot, there's a lot of relatable things on here for anyone who's been in a similar situation (i know ariana says these songs are vague on purpose but there's some obvious truth to them). getting into the meat of the lyrics of these songs makss it such a special album

• Like 7

• Replies 12.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Jude

• Gerardo

• ariananext

• wantedyoutogrow

ariana having a one hit era being largely overshadowed by her contemporaries as the threat of a trump presidency looms… welcome back dangerous woman :clap3: 

• Like 1
  • Haha 5

This song is so dreamy.

Where the hell have I been?

:deadbanana4:

• Like 4

8 hours ago, mxoonlight said:

ariana having a one hit era being largely overshadowed by her contemporaries as the threat of a trump presidency looms… welcome back dangerous woman :clap3: 

Ironically enough, DW ended up outselling WW all the other female albums of that year :rip:

• Like 2

On 8/21/2024 at 12:59 PM, ariananext said:

I'll give my two cents about all that's been going on with her fanbase. 

She's given us her best album - and if one doesn't think it's her best it's undeniable that it's a great body of work, because it has her best lyrics, great vocals, gave us a genre switch, her best music video and more promo than her last 2 eras combined.

I don't think it was "forced" because she could've just bought 13 songs and put them out if that was the case, with no promo whatsoever. Instead she wrote most of it by herself, worked with different people, went out of her comfort zone and she did performances AND interviews - something she refused to do until this year.

The real issue seems to be that she's moved away from the persona her fans want her to embody. It's not just about her demeanor, which people like to blame on Wicked, but mostly about the fact that she doesn't allow them to have that parasocial relationship that fans nowadays crave.

Back in 2011-2018 she was always online chatting with fans, out taking pictures, following stans on twitter and she was also one of the first artists to do so. When she stepped back after the Sweetener Tour I think many of her fans lost that feeling of connection.

The thing is she's 100% right to do so because she's been through a lot and she has to protect herself, her peace and her mental health, and it was clear as the day back in 2018-2019 when she spiraled on Twitter that social media aren't good for her. She's built a character, she did back in 2013, she did it in 2018 and again in 2021, and that's still to protect herself.

She doesn't live for her job the way some others do, she's not seeking validation for her craft or talent, and she's not interested in exposing her vulnerabilities for public consumption nor for sympathy. She works hard, but on her own terms, and while she loves her fans, after everything she's been through both personally and professionally, she's likely willing to sacrifice some chart success or adoration for the sake of her well-being, she set boundaries she had to set.

I personally don't have anything to complain about because I love Eternal Sunshine and I just learned that I shouldn't be so demanding with her, the era (especially the first month) was enjoyable, more than many others, especially A listers, do at the moment. I'm excited for Wicked, I'm excited for whatever will be coming and I think that anybody who keeps complaining about everything should simply learn to let her go because at this point they're just building resentment towards Ariana (and she clearly feels it) and ruining the experience for fans who still enjoy stanning her. 

This is exactly what's happening and I completely agree. :heart: Although I get why certain fans are having this negative reaction since Ariana has fed into the parasocial-ness of it all in the past, but they need to get over it or move on. I mean, Taylor isn't talking to her fans 24/7 on social media either. For the most part she's pretty elusive these days. Rihanna used to engage online, she doesn't anymore. Beyoncé completely checked out lol. Ariana is at a status where she doesn't need to be doing the same things these newer girls are. Olivia, Billie, Sabrina, etc. will all get to this point too where they don't play the game as much nor want to. Boundaries are important unless she wants to get burnt out again and we get nothing. ES album cycle already has way more effort than Positions ever did. Ariana from the TUN or Positions era would never be a guest on Hot Ones or do multiple hour long podcast interviews with an interviewer not named Zach Sang. She definitely getting out of her comfort zone in that regard. 

Wicked promotional cycle will be very busy and she will be everywhere. Depending on how the movie is received this could open a lot of doors for her in her career. She can't be wearing high ponytails and oversized hoodies talking s***on Twitter forever like some stans crave so badly. Tbh though the Glinda aesthetics are not my favorite, I'm not mad about it and think she should do whatever she wants. Like all pop stars past and present she will evolve her persona over time. It's nothing to get worked up over. 

• Like 5

On 8/26/2024 at 11:17 AM, mxoonlight said:

Right, and I can see her putting out a low effort flop 4th single to end the era just for shits a la Everyday

WCBF performance

• Like 2

On 8/27/2024 at 1:36 AM, Chris said:

This song is so dreamy.

Where the hell have I been?

:deadbanana4:

The most underrated song on the album :heart2:

PROMISE U I'M NOT USUALLYYY

LIKE THIS ****, IT'S LIKE NEWS TO ME

TO ME

BUT IIII

CAN'T IGNORE MY HEEAAAARRRTTT

BOYYYY

spacer.png

• Like 1

On 8/27/2024 at 10:16 PM, Satin said:

Right, and I can see her putting out a low effort flop 4th single to end the era just for shits a la Everyday

bye music video with old people making out because why not

• Haha 1

13 hours ago, KasioKas said:

WCBF performance

Perfom it at the VMAS 

where is the announcement 

Supposedly this new WCBF performance was done as a private event for Grammy Voters. I think it's the first time we really see her campaigning for an album, and I'm hoping she gets her flowers this time around compared to the last few years.

• Like 3

10 hours ago, mxoonlight said:

bye music video with old people making out because why not

I fear that's just 'Birthday' by Kayty Perry so we need to make the old people run around each other in circles

spacer.png

• Haha 1

have a feeling that deluxe project will turn into a new album for 2025

we can't be friends high key carrying the entire album atp

Edited by Blue Monday

She sounds so good here. Her best song is aging like wine. :jonny6:

• Like 1

On 8/30/2024 at 6:46 PM, whiteferrari said:

have a feeling that deluxe project will turn into a new album for 2025

I could definitely see that. Especially when she's bored with a whole year of nothing in between the two Wicked movies. 

• Like 1

I let this album breathe for a while. I'm now coming back to it and it's even more perfect than I could remember. Perfect for this end of summer :heart:

• Like 1

She dropped a really beautiful acoustic version of WCBF with newly recorded vocals. It's so stunning. :heart:

and on the cover art, the piece of paper says "stay tuned, sunshines" so maybe the deluxe is still happening…

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Aristocrat said:

She dropped a really beautiful acoustic version of WCBF with newly recorded vocals. It's so stunning. :heart:

and on the cover art, the piece of paper says "stay tuned, sunshines" so maybe the deluxe is still happening…

I love this, isn't it the Grammys thing recording? She should drop the video of the performance too!

• Like 1

This version is sooo gorgeous. I've obsessed with the song again :jonny6:

I think Q1 would be a good time for the deluxe. Don't see it happening around the same time as Wicked's release. 

and people claim she's in her flop era…

duck_smoking.gif

• Like 5

Eternal Sunshine has been included in a few 'best albums of 2024 (so far)' lists.

Rolling Stone

Vogue

Variety

Esquire

Please add to this if there's more lists by publications in which the album has been included.

on IG she said WCBF is her favorite video and one she's proudest of no matter what.

I fear she may be losing VOTY at vmas :gaycat7:

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.