Tweet critiquing America's mindless consumerism goes viral

GraceRandolph

Edited by GraceRandolph

The REAL problem is that there are cities in this country where tap water is literal poison. 

(I obviously don’t know if that’s the case in this video)

(Also yea capitalism popped off)

Edited by getBusy
  • Like 3

They'd be correct.

Typing this on my American laptop while I scroll on my American phone with my American iPad playing music.

Happy World Cup GIF by FIFA

God, it's good to be American!

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, getBusy said:

The REAL problem is that there are cities in this country where tap water is literal poison. 

(I obviously don’t know if that’s the case in this video)

(Also yea capitalism popped off)

That's not the issue with the consumers in that vid.

Considering that this person is forming their worldview based on a tik tok and twitter, I think they are projecting. 

Just now, byzantium said:

Considering that this person is forming their worldview based on a tik tok and twitter, I think they are projecting. 

In 2024 almost everyone forms their worldview in part on social media, because social media is the platform where most information is disseminated. This isn't an argument.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, GraceRandolph said:

In 2024 almost everyone forms their worldview in part on social media, because social media is the platform where most information is disseminated. This isn't an argument.

Now apply what you said to the tweet.  “Brains filled with nothing just tik toks.”

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

mind control, child abuse, mental gulag, panopticon, occam’s razor, plato’s allegory of the cave, ugly backsplash

• Haha 7

Not that this isn't a huge issue but this type of outrage always reeks of ignorance over how our food supply chain works. There is excess single-use plastic waste at every step(including ones you've never even thought of) of producing anything that enters your body other than tap water. If wasteful practices are favorable for the average middle class household imagine how attractive they are to companies working at scale.

Reform and regulation is truly the only viable path here and harassing normal people does no good.

• Thanks 1

People on the internet need to go outside...your sanctimonious lectures don't do ****

Edited by 50thStateofMind
  • Like 3

11 minutes ago, GraceRandolph said:

social media families are terrifying. using your own minor children for content. humanity is lost 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

The problem isn't that they pour from a container to another imo. It's like pouring into a glass who cares.

It's American in a tacky TV dinner tray setup kind of way. I saw it in the replies being called white people's behavior. To the rest of us it's just giving American :skull: These Stanley thermoses being a viral status symbol at the moment only exaggerates it because you know they're not using it for convenience... indoors. They're in their living room :deadbanana2:

It's harmless though :thing: Let them enjoy their tupperware setup I guess

Edited by Illuminati

The way I knew this post would feature Stanleys before I even clicked on it :rip:

• Like 1

She’s feeding her kids fruit and water. People need to stop being so miserable. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Cannon said:

She’s feeding her kids fruit and water. People need to stop being so miserable. 

The bar is in hell.

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, on the line said:

They'd be correct.

Typing this on my American laptop while I scroll on my American phone with my American iPad playing music.

Happy World Cup GIF by FIFA

God, it's good to be American!

Sis it's a 99% chance at least one if not all of these were made by a person half your age in a country with 1/100th the consumption :redface:

• Like 1

The mindless consumerism is pathetic, yes. Almost as pathetic as losers from other first world countries which actively participate in the free market and mass consumerism on a daily basis acting like they’re superior to middle and lower class Americans simply because they’re… not American :rip:

• Like 2

52 minutes ago, GraceRandolph said:

That's not the issue with the consumers in that vid.

Hint: there can be more than just ONE issue :cm:

Americans don’t have clean drinking water. So they use bottled water. Most developed countries you can safely drink from the tap. 

• Thanks 1

It’s not an American only problem.:coffee2:

46 minutes ago, Tropez said:

Americans don’t have clean drinking water. So they use bottled water. Most developed countries you can safely drink from the tap. 

Can't they boil it? I'm genuinely asking. That's what we do in my country

The majority of Americans have access to potable water from the tap. Of course in some areas like Flint it’s an issue but that applies to less then 5% of the overall population, so some of the comments in here are just demonstrably wrong

This video made me super sad the first time I saw it. Very dystopian and empty future ahead I fear. People have nothing meaningful to live for

• Like 1

That was so cringe but chile, I’m also seeing young black kids getting fed and having some type of “normalcy” in comparison to a lot of young black children that spend their nights going to bed starving lmao. I feel like someone just wanted a viral tweet and they got it.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.