8. Evening Mood
9. Talking to the Whisper
10. Who Brings Me

SINGLES

Spoiler

out March 22nd via Domino Records

PRE-ORDER

• Thanks 1

I’m sorry, everyone on twitter has always hyped the everloving f*ck out of her music, I just don’t get it. that wilderness album was just so boring lol

BUT i’m going to give her another chance with this! I just listened to the two new singles, and Spinning isn’t half bad!

both singles are excellent :heart: she is one of the modern art pop greats, so I have no doubt she will deliver another great record

• ATRL Moderator

I don't understand the title. I thought it was a typo :snowman:

YESSSSSS I love her 😍 

wow Sun Girl is awful, sounds like DJ Mandy with the way it's just a bunch of random sounds thrown together

Yesss! She always serves quality :jonny5:. Can’t wait

52 minutes ago, JoeAg said:

I’m sorry, everyone on twitter has always hyped the everloving f*ck out of her music, I just don’t get it. that wilderness album was just so boring lol

MTE. The alternative ATRL circles hyped up Aviary to the moon and back in 2018. I tried listening to it months ago but I couldn't make it through the first half even. Too lengthy and repetitive.

26 minutes ago, Pendulum said:

MTE. The alternative ATRL circles hyped up Aviary to the moon and back in 2018. I tried listening to it months ago but I couldn't make it through the first half even. Too lengthy and repetitive.

LITERALLY!! extremely repetitive stuff and people always bring her up in the same breath as modern indie geniuses like Perfume Genius and Weyes Blood... like girl... nah. nowhere close to them

I love Wilderness but thought Aviary was just good, albeit overrated. So I'm looking forward to this & I'll hold off on listening to the singles until the album is out.

Also the cover, DAMN that character on the top is SHOVING their hand in the other character's crack & taint.

ouuuuuu

1 hour ago, Ewan Chaos said:

Also the cover, DAMN that character on the top is SHOVING their hand in the other character's crack & taint.

:skull: 

I know I just didn't read someone calling Julia's music repetitive :deadbanana: its anything but

anyway, Spinning is ******* incredible. excited!

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

On 1/9/2024 at 10:47 PM, JoeAg said:

LITERALLY!! extremely repetitive stuff and people always bring her up in the same breath as modern indie geniuses like Perfume Genius and Weyes Blood... like girl... nah. nowhere close to them

Weyes Dud couldn't write a song as transcendent and life changing as I Shall Love 2 if she accidentally copied it. 

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Down 2

On 1/9/2024 at 3:26 PM, JoeAg said:

BUT i’m going to give her another chance with this! I just listened to the two new singles, and Spinning isn’t half bad!

i also tried unsuccessfully to get into her, her stuff is just too devoid of melody for my taste compared to other artists mentioned in similar circles like Weyes

Spinning is nice tho, i’ll give the album a try

Edited by Scandalous
  • Like 1

Julia has always been doing what the atrl gays think caroline polaHACK is doing so perched

• Like 1

3 hours ago, ChapelHooker said:

Weyes Dud couldn't write a song as transcendent and life changing as I Shall Love 2 if she accidentally copied it. 

can we like not do this this morning?? Weyes Blood's music means SO much to me and I'm too tired and sick and f*cking depressed to have to be defending her and fasdfnsgljkagfdsoilj I'm just so stressed out can we do this later please

16 hours ago, JoeAg said:

can we like not do this this morning?? Weyes Blood's music means SO much to me and I'm too tired and sick and f*cking depressed to have to be defending her and fasdfnsgljkagfdsoilj I'm just so stressed out can we do this later please

Weyes bloods music is amazing and she's my favorite artist. When I discovered her it was a life changing experience. While I do think sun girl is a little bit repetitive I liked spinning a lot and I'm excited for the album to come out in March.

• Like 1

• 2 months later...

reminds me of the more ambient moments on Loud City Serve :clap3: I expected it to be a little more upbeat along the lines of Spinning but it's a gorgeous album, a step up from Aviary for me :clap3: MeYou ha Medúlla serve :clap3:

This album is so hard to get through. It's way slower than Aviary

I have to spend some more time with it 

i find it a lot easier going than aviary, which i couldn't get on with at all. i do wish she'd do a bit more focused stuff these days tho, it's a cliché to want an artist to sound like they did ten years ago and i'm happy enough to let it go and let her get on with what's she's happy to be doing but a couple of tunes like our sorrows or he's running thru my eyes would really sell this to me, whereas it does just drift on a bit and i get bored.

On 1/9/2024 at 8:26 PM, JoeAg said:

I'm sorry, everyone on twitter has always hyped the everloving f*ck out of her music, I just don't get it. that wilderness album was just so boring lol

BUT i'm going to give her another chance with this! I just listened to the two new singles, and Spinning isn't half bad!

I feel somewhat similar OVERALL buttttt give Have You In My Wilderness one more try even if just to feel it build to Betsy On The Roof!!!!! like woah when ur in the right mood the album hits really lovely...ly lol.

-

WILL be chuning in tonite oh yes

very lame, i only liked the jazz elements

Meyou is the worst song of the year :skull:

I like how dreamy and floating it is. Like all of her other albums I would need time to digest the melodies, but very gorgeous instrumentation. Evening Mood is one of the greatest songs this year. 

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.