Top Posters In This Topic

• Cameltoe Chariot

• Redstreak

• Sergi91

• magazine

Top Posters In This Topic

Cameltoe Chariot
23 minutes ago, Mr_campbell said:

Girl I’ve seen her docos and done my research. She belongs in JAIL.  

You have zero reading comprehension skills or media literacy then because no one raped Gypsy’s mother - Nick suggested he might, but Gypsy convinced him to rape her instead, in her own bedroom away from her mothers body.

Crime scene investigation, interrogations and confessions from all parties confirmed this.

Why would she say that to Gypsy on live TV um???? :wave:

1 hour ago, Sergi91 said:

She convinced her ex boyfriend to murder her mom. :khalyan2:

She’s now out of prison after serving 8 years while her ex is there for life… 

:suburban:

And she is America’s new obsession.

granted her mother was a psychopath, but in a society where everybody is a journalist or special investigator, she could had boyfriend say something to i don’t know social workers, news station ? 

she should still be in jail I mean she was capable enough to have a boyfriend and orchestrate all of this. Just saying.

• Thanks 1

Everyone just replying about the obvious clickbait title nnn

I recorded this, gonna watch later :jonny:

8 minutes ago, GeeDuval said:

granted her mother was a psychopath, but in a society where everybody is a journalist or special investigator, she could had boyfriend say something to i don’t know social workers, news station ? 

she should still be in jail I mean she was capable enough to have a boyfriend and orchestrate all of this. Just saying.

It's America but:

• She's young and reasonably attractive
  • America is obsessed with true crime
  • Recently released

And her story is definitely worth sharing too. She suffered something so horrific, and like others have said not only did her mother fail her, but an entire healthcare system failed her too. For that alone, and the nature of the crime, she deserves to be free and have a fair shot at life. I doubt she will ever harm someone again. Be fr.

I fully hope she goes through with more advocacy work. She seems like she has done a lot of internal work to get to where she is today. I'm definitely moved by her story and will be supporting her.

Edited by Big Bad Wolf
  • Thanks 2
  • Confused 1

1 hour ago, Cameltoe Chariot said:

Oh so we’re just straight up f*cking lying and spreading misinformation on here, huh?

I dunno why I bother arguing with 12 year olds on ATRL.

Why do you think it’s acceptable to kill people who have mental illnesses?

• Confused 1
  • Thumbs Down 1

What was Joy referring to that she didn't do wrong then ?

• ATRL Moderator
7 minutes ago, Redstreak said:

It's not, and she says so herself.  But this is an extremely unique and unusual case, and in that point in time, she did not see any other options for herself to escape.  In addition to being physically abused, she was mentally abused and brainwashed to believe she couldn't leave.  She tried to once, but her mom caught her and chained her to a bed for weeks, and starved her.  She couldn't go to the police, because her mom convinced the local police that she was mentally disabled and could not be believed....the police would have just returned her to her mom (and her mom would have "punished" her some more).  She didn't know how the world worked, wasn't socialized or educated, and being a sick girl with her mom 24/7 is all she knew.  Living and learning how valid consequences work is something she never got to experience.  So yeah, she saw what she thought was her one chance at escaping the abuse, rebelled and took it.  She served her time and has been trying to better herself.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

@Bethenny Frankel you should add the full interview to the OP.  She’s actually very well spoken considering what she’s been through.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Mr_campbell said:

I don’t understand why this woman is being praised and given platforms to build her notoriety as a reformed murderer. She got her mother raped and murdered. Unforgivable. Regardless of the abuse she endeared she (as she also says) should have gone to the police and had the law deal with it. She is in no way a saint in my eyes. 

Nah if my mom had my teeth pulled against my will the gloves are off. Her mom got off lightly compared to what I would have done. 

25 minutes ago, MissedTheTrain said:

It's not, and she says so herself.  But this is an extremely unique and unusual case, and in that point in time, she did not see any other options for herself to escape.  In addition to being physically abused, she was mentally abused and brainwashed to believe she couldn't leave.  She tried to once, but her mom caught her and chained her to a bed for weeks, and starved her.  She couldn't go to the police, because her mom convinced the local police that she was mentally disabled and could not be believed....the police would have just returned her to her mom (and her mom would have "punished" her some more).  She didn't know how the world worked, wasn't socialized or educated, and being a sick girl with her mom 24/7 is all she knew.  Living and learning how valid consequences work is something she never got to experience.  So yeah, she saw what she thought was her one chance at escaping the abuse, rebelled and took it.  She served her time and has been trying to better herself.

It’s great that she agrees with that but I don’t like some of the sympathizing that she had no choice (not saying you are, in general) in attempts to deflect some of the light criticism she’s gotten in regards to her recent media attention

I feel like Gypsy was left with no choice in having her mother murdered.  The people (family, medical professionals, police, etc.) who should’ve stepped in to stop the abuse and protect her did not.  She even tried running away only to be placed back into her mother’s custody.

She was tortured over half of her life and then did her time in jail for the murder.  I’m happy to see her in good spirits and excited for a fresh start. :clap3:

• Thanks 2

22 minutes ago, Redstreak said:

It’s great that she agrees with that but I don’t like some of the sympathizing that she had no choice (not saying you are, in general) in attempts to deflect some of the light criticism she’s gotten in regards to her recent media attention

she LITERALLY had no choice. in the full interview she says she got 4 hours outside of town and her mother had her back in the house, chained like an animal, barely feeding her. she had the world convinced this young lady was extremely ill and she wasn’t. 

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Redstreak said:

Are you serious? No one said that. Gypsy killed her mother in self defense. 

• Thanks 1

Someone explain to op what a drag is.

I hope everyone calling her a cold-blooded murderer feels the abuse she felt for more than half of her life and having her childhood stolen from her. Let's see what y'all will be doing then.

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, GeeDuval said:

Would you tell the same to battered women who kill to escape domestic violence?

She became a murderer as a result and within the extremely unique life circumstances she was placed in. There’s no reason to believe living a normal life she’d ever be a danger to anyone. Imagine wanting someone like that locked up for decades. Americans are so deranged when it comes to criminal justice. Y‘all want everyone locked up until their dying day and still can’t make the Hot 100 Safest Countries. Crazy. :deadbanana2:

• Thanks 2

6 hours ago, magazine said:

She what- :ghostface::ghostface:

they are clearly leaving out why tho

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Mr_campbell said:

I don’t understand why this woman is being praised and given platforms to build her notoriety as a reformed murderer. She got her mother raped and murdered. Unforgivable. Regardless of the abuse she endeared she (as she also says) should have gone to the police and had the law deal with it. She is in no way a saint in my eyes. 

After years of psychological abuse, you expect someone to think in the same way as you or I?

After that much abuse, you’re absolutely not going to be thinking logically or clearly and your perception of reality is going to be incredibly different for you or I. 

Especially since she tried to reach out for help before and professionals in all fields assumed it was part of her illness and would have handed her back to her Mom in an instant. And her Mom would then lock her up and starve her etc. 

The fact she felt there was no other way out shows how badly she was treated. 

It’s an absolutely messed up situation but at the end of the day, Gypsy’s mom only has herself to blame for her death. She would have been arrested and 100% died in jail for child abuse anyway. That **** never passes. 

Joys literally telling her she did nothing wrong, how is that even remotely a drag lmao.  

She’s right, too, because of her Mom, she hasn’t been able to live life until she’s now in her 30’s.  I couldn’t fathom finding out the one person you’ve known and loved your whole life who acted as your devoted caretaker was gaslighting you the whole time and your whole life as you know it is a lie.  She probably thought her Mom would kill her if she didn’t kill her first, I mean that was so toxic and psychotic of the mother, I can’t believe some people aren’t defending Gypsy.  

people who have no understanding of this case always scream "She's guilty and belongs in jail !ii!"

she did plead GUILTY and went to prison for 8 years. she also has said several times that she regrets what happened. y'all talk like she got away with murder scot free :rip:

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3

the title is obvious clickbait, why are y’all starting to sound like tiktok :rip:

but anyway, it sounded like Joy was talking exactly about that, but had to backtrack when Gypsy spoke. what a gracious girlie tbh.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.