Why does this tweet have 70k likes?

SmittenCake

why

because people are obsessed with bashing and blaming gay men for everything 

• Like 9

The loudness of stan twitter made gay men the target for every blame and unfortunately Twitter people are not capable of thinking about anything more than 5 seconds to actually start having a conversation. For them "edginess" and the likes it brings is more important than whatever the issue they are trying to "address". 

• Like 7

because it's the truth

source.gif

• Confused 1
  • Thumbs Down 1

Anything bashing the gays/lgbt would get you a lot ikes and retweets these days. I won't be surprised if half of those likes are from other gay men. 

It's kinda annoying because most of stan twitter are teenage girls but for some reason people assume they're all gay men. Even most of the gays on there are not adults.

Also it's ridiculous to imply that such a small portion of the population has the power to influence 50% of the population :rip: The most impactful and by far the loudest group commenting on women's bodies are straight men (and other women).

Edited by glitch
  • Like 3

I'm truly so sorry and I mean no disrespect to Miss X but this reply to the OG tweet. :deadbanana2: Which one of the Britney stans here tweeted this? :deadbanana4:

• Haha 3

This are the new ways homophobic people express themselves. They use "woke" terminology in order to legitimate homophobia and to hide that they are pretty much sharing hate speech and conservative thoughts, too. 

Edited by Sebastián Muñoz
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

just a bunch of words thrown together… twitter people and their beyond stupid takes :devil:

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

I'm glad the rest of the society completely eradicated fat shaming and beauty trends

when you click the heart symbol it likes the tweet/post so 70k people clicked it 

• Haha 2
  • Thumbs Down 2

:bibliahh:This is the stupidest take I have seen in a while. Masking the complexity of eating disorders and body dysmorphia behind blatant homophobia (and, ironically, misogyny) 

Edited by Reginald
  • Haha 2

I don't know about the tweet but a lot of gay men are obsessed with women's bodies and them being skinny so they are more "stan worthy". It is weird

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Thumbs Down 2

Because women only do everything because of what gays on the internet think right? so dumb

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Yea it's definitely just the gays. Women don't criticize each other over their weight, purposefully leave out certain women out of their friend group for not fitting their aesthetic, etc. Just the evil gays!

• Haha 4

Homophobia is on the rise, as are anti-LGBT hate crimes.  This tweet having 70k likes is unfortunately but unsurprising.  

• Like 1

Y’all made homophobia cool and funny :cm:

Plot twist: the Karen complaining in the tweet is just as skinny as Legend X in those three pics :soda: 

Edited by KillingYourCareer

All the casual homophobia in the comments :deadbanana:

Edited by G.U.Y_Del_Rey

Nobody read that, people just saw Legend X being skinny and hot so they liked. :heart:

- fake intellectualism is rampant on twitter

- a lot of gays spew self-hatred openly thinking it's cute when it's not

- stan twitter is associated with gay men and it is undeniably toxic toward women in music (and other stans)

I don’t even understand what the tweet is even saying :rip:

the girl who tweeted that is probably HUGEEE and always wanted a GBF but couldn't cuz she's kinda lame so now she resorts to this new wave of feminism (aka homophobia with femme fatale aesthetic) all the while gay men still dgaf about her :suburban:

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.