hookup culture: yay or nay?

Asscatchem

hookup culture: yay or nay?  

73 members have voted

1. 1. hookup culture: yay or nay?

• yay
    • nay

do you like hookup culture? or do you prefer something real and stable?

My body is God’s temple 🙏

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Easy sex with randoms gets tiring fast for me

• Like 5

Destiny's Child - Nasty Girl 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, IBelonginYourArms said:

Easy sex with randoms gets tiring fast for me

tbh even if theyre super hot

• Like 1

i have nothing against hook-ups its just the guys on tinder in my area are all uglee so I dont get to do hook-ups

Edited by pirateking

Absolute yay 

16 minutes ago, HASHTAGPOW said:

My body is God’s temple 🙏

Wh0re

Yes.

I don't believe in monogamous relationship.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Down 1

It's the worst thing that happened to the ****** community. Grindr :mazen:

who says can’t we have both? :giraffe:

1 minute ago, Yawn said:

who says can’t we have both? :giraffe:

like an open relationship? still hookup culture lbr :giraffe:

Gross but people with high sex drive usually are

paula-deen-apology.0.thumb.jpg.8efa1c8f6

i'm asexual so i don't care :rip:

Pretty indifferent towards it. It's nice to know it's there so if I feel like it I know there will probably be someone I can hookup with. I don't partake in it much and I don't feel pressured to or excluded by not doing so. I've always been more into traditional dating and have never had much of an issue finding guys who were looking for the same.

• Like 4

It's great to have some one-year era, but you need to be careful in terms of your own health, both mental and physical.

It's ok to be 23 years old and have to party, but when you're like 45 and you still lurking for guys 24/7. :rip:

Edited by Fastlane

I used to think it would be the best thing for me since I'm not looking for anything very commited right now. But hookup culture is a very empty and shallow culture. It's very quick, and I truly enjoy creating a bond with the people I am intimate with. Even if it's just for the moment, but you can't create that with everyone. 

So mmmeh I don't know, I like casual sex but with people I already know. Not random strangers. 

Edited by alexrex
  • Like 4

I like to imagine that it was better back in the day before the hookup apps. Like when you had to actually go out and talk to each other. :monkey:

I don't have a problem with hooking up or one night stands but I feel like the way it works now encourages people to treat each other like **** and be constantly miserable and fake :dies:

• Like 2

I like the idea of romance but once I get off, I lose interest on that person almost immediately. I don't know why. Then I get lonely again. Then the cycle continues. 

Edited by bennythatway
  • Like 2

In Jonathan Bailey's words: SLAY

Nay.

I feel it made people more selfish and rude than usual. Not to mention it leads to higher drugs use and more STDs. I’ve seen way too many guys have their lives ruined because of drugs, which they’ve gotten into because of constant hooking up.

• Like 1

• ATRL Moderator
5 hours ago, RandomHooker said:

It's the worst thing that happened to the ****** community. Grindr :mazen:

"Happened"? Gays have been cruising since antiquity, what do you mean? :redface:

If anything, heteronormativity "happened" to gays after gay liberation in the '70s (though the impulse to follow the standards of straight relationships got stronger in the post-AIDS world). Before the '70s, hookup culture was gay culture, since it was essentially illegal to act on queer desire, making the vast majority of queer interactions clandestine and anonymous.

It's something I was a part of before I got into my first relationship and I always felt disgusting afterwards. I never want to go back.

• Like 1

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.