K-Pop Thread: aespa releases super smash of the year

Ryan

23 minutes ago, New Edition said:

Why does it feel like Kpop is kind of over in America despite everything. 

It does feel like it's declined Alot. 

• Replies 39.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Save-Me-Oprah

• youresotoxic

• MonsterNavy

• hallucinate

Posted (edited)

kpop was fresh and exciting in 2016-2020, like when BTS went on Ellen or blackpink did that game on James Corden.. that was fun and new and it made sense since their songs were slowly reaching an audience beyond the fandoms

now companies put their acts everywhere even when they haven't really made any noise and I think that kinda hurt the brand

Edited by ItsJustMe.
  • Like 3

• ▶ Line-up: Solar, Lee Jin Hyuk, BOYNEXTDOOR, KINO, Kim Woojin, YOUNITE, The KingDom, FANTASY BOYS, TIOT, KOONZO CREW, BEWAVE, 82MAJOR, TOZ, UNICODE, LAS

I seriously don't know who 3 of these acts are.  Maybe I just forgot.

:cm:

Posted (edited)

:heart2:

the part in the bathtub though…:jonnycat:

Edited by hallucinate
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Witnessed ET said:

If they didn't bomb with a bad song like Baddie, they obviously weren't gonna bomb with this one. 

IVE would never flop like Itzy but the decline in their charting is real. Kinda similar to how "More & More" was dragged for peaking at #3 Melon, because we were so used to TWICE slaying the charts. 

Iirc Baddie got like a PAK (?) but it's serving 0 longevity because the lack of quality shows. About to fall below Love Dive on Melon Daily chart (and 40 spots below I AM)

Well they can still shove Accendio down people throat and get that PAK now :cm:

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Down 5

Posted (edited)

On the 7th, Adore explained, "CEO Min's position is that Hive's claim of breach of trust is absurd, and he has applied for an injunction to ban the exercise of voting rights in order to protect Adore's artists and Adore's corporate value."

He continued, "Hive has requested to convene an extraordinary shareholders' meeting regarding the dismissal of CEO and executive director Min Hee-jin, which is in violation of the shareholder agreement signed with CEO Min Hee-jin."

Edited by geniecantstophypeboy
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, New Edition said:

Why does it feel like Kpop is kind of over in America despite everything. 

Cuase BP were the only act who had real GP global appeal and they disbanded?  i am not sure what their status is

But it would have declined anyway cause everything after KTL was garbage

1 minute ago, sunny said:

Cuase BP were the only act who had real GP global appeal and they disbanded?  i am not sure what their status is

But it would have declined anyway cause everything after KTL was garbage

I read Blackpink re-signed a 3-year contract. 3 years, that's maybe 1 more album and 1 world tour.

Speaking of BP this might be their best song. But i wish Lisa's rap was deleted. IDK her raps kinda ruin most of their songs. the lyrics of her raps are cringe and Jennie has a way better better flow and tone

1 minute ago, geniecantstophypeboy said:

I read Blackpink re-signed a 3-year contract. 3 years, that's maybe 1 more album and 1 world tour.

so they can have solo work with different labels but still release things as BP with YG?

Just now, sunny said:

so they can have solo work with different labels but still release things as BP with YG?

Yes, idols can have a solo contract and a group contract. They re-signed their contract for group activities but not for their solo activities. All their revenues from solo activities, like sponsorships or TV appearances, are now going to their own pockets, not YG's.

• Like 1

TABS :clap3:

she better promote the comeback, we need it :eli:

• Like 3

urin deo nopi
haneure daeul geotcheoreom wechyeo neoreul kkaeweo
ollyeo bwa noryeobwa neon nae geonikka da

insta-ezgif-com-optimize.thumb.gif.ecf7f

20 minutes ago, hallucinate said:

TABS :clap3:

she better promote the comeback, we need it :eli:

Every time I want to praise Starship, I get reminded how they did Liz dirty time after time. :rip:

Anyway, Starship does a good job at balancing the group activities and the solo career of some of their idols. Not every label has that. :clap3:

GM89FBYbIAAWmfj?format=jpg&name=largeGM89FBYawAA0buc?format=jpg&name=largeGM89BhNa4AArAhV?format=jpg&name=largeGM89BhIbcAA3fRq?format=jpg&name=large

• Like 2

1 hour ago, OrgVisual said:

IVE would never flop like Itzy but the decline in their charting is real. Kinda similar to how "More & More" was dragged for peaking at #3 Melon, because we were so used to TWICE slaying the charts. 

Iirc Baddie got like a PAK (?) but it's serving 0 longevity because the lack of quality shows. About to fall below Love Dive on Melon Daily chart (and 40 spots below I AM)

Well they can still shove Accendio down people throat and get that PAK now :cm:

I don't really agree. There are many reasons to criticize Starship, music isn't one of them. They have shown to be consistent, everything they put out has been enjoyable to listen to. Experimenting without completely leaving your roots behind is difficult, not many producers are successful in that regard. Starship is doing well.

• Like 1

:weeps:

Fans call it racial discrimination, but I'd wager it's gender discrimination too. I doubt the paparazzi would behave that way in front of a girl group. :mandown:

4 minutes ago, geniecantstophypeboy said:

Fans call it racial discrimination, but I'd wager it's gender discrimination too. I doubt the paparazzi would behave that way in front of a girl group. :mandown:

I don't see how this was racist :rip: sure they were rude but all western media are like that, and there was 0 serve in 7 men standing in a straight line with no expressions

this would've worked fine in a Korean award show but not at the Met 

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

8 minutes ago, rapperjennie said:

I don't see how this was racist :rip: sure they were rude but all western media are like that, and there was 0 serve in 7 men standing in a straight line with no expressions

• Like 4

:WAP:

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, geniecantstophypeboy said:

oh thats not....the covid comment :biblio:

36 minutes ago, rapperjennie said:

27 minutes ago, geniecantstophypeboy said:

well yeah they are rude and annoying and there's definitely a culture clash and a lit bit of xenophobia but i wouldnt create a ruckus over it tbh even if it were my faves.

6 minutes ago, sunny said:

well yeah they are rude and annoying and there's definitely a culture clash and a lit bit of xenophobia but i wouldnt create a ruckus over it tbh even if it were my faves.

pretty sure the fans tracked down the man's social medias :rip:

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.