K-Pop Thread: Lisa channels her inner ROCKSTAR, serves MPG

Ryan

16 minutes ago, Witnessed ET said:

What’s contradictory sweatpee

spacer.png

First you're saying in the following quotation that SNSD and SHINee could do global stadiums dates at their peaks: 

1 hour ago, Witnessed ET said:

I’m sure SNSD or Shinee could have done it at some point in their peak

Then right after you're indicating that they couldn't do stadiums globally do to Kpop not being as global back then, and them not having a big enough global audience:

1 hour ago, Witnessed ET said:

but kpop wasn’t as global then, and now idk if they have enough of a global fanbase to make that possible today. 

How can SHINee and SNSD fo global stadium dates during their peak days, when Kpop wasn't nearly as global back then? SO what's the truth?

spacer.png

Edited by Pluto6

• Replies 51.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Save-Me-Oprah

• youresotoxic

• MonsterNavy

• hallucinate

2 minutes ago, Mel. said:

Wtf have they done to win “group of the year”

now...

Actually Exo was one of the first groups to sell out a stadium in Korea. Which is hard to achieve actually

spacer.png

I think they have more posts about SNSD than me 

talktothehand.gif

• Haha 5

Better Things is still such a bop!

Love this clip of them performing at the Crypto.com Arena for their sold out show in Los Angeles, U.S! 

• Like 4

1 minute ago, Dialamba said:

Actually Exo was one of the first groups to sell out a stadium in Korea. Which is hard to achieve actually

spacer.png

EXO also hasn't benefitted at all from a western KPOP resurgence because they don't have a US label behind them like the other groups listed and have been stuck in enlistment purgatory for almost half a decade. Not to mention countless resources taken from EXO to benefit NCT's expansion in the late 2010's... But that user didn't think to say any of that before posting as per usual. 

Not even going to compare RV (who also have no western label backing) because the extenuating factors are so glaringly obvious, especially bc they peaked at the height of a WW pandemic with Psycho.

i3wzCDU.gif

• Like 3

Just now, Zack said:

Better Things is still such a bop!

Love this clip of them performing at the Crypto.com Arena for their sold out show in Los Angeles, U.S! 

as an atendee it was not a sold out show but considering we had like 4 weeks notice to attend they did VERY well. the mexico concert was EXTREMELY cunty tho

26 minutes ago, Save-Me-Oprah said:

its so cute how Seunghan has no idea what the words are

it's giving us singing along to Korean words

tenor.gif

his hiatus days officially surpassed his active days now... this should be illegal

tenor.gif

6 minutes ago, lgaga1fan said:

as an atendee it was not a sold out show but considering we had like 4 weeks notice to attend they did VERY well. the mexico concert was EXTREMELY cunty tho

Congrats on attending their first full arena concert in the U.S! 

Touringdata reported it as 100% sold out, perhaps the seating capacity and configuration they chose for the arena made it appear less full. Either way, considering they are allegedly "flops" globally according to some, SYNK: HYPER LINE really proved aespa's massive potential :clap3:

Edited by Zack

5 minutes ago, lgaga1fan said:

bestie the deep eddy really got to u that night the show was 100% sold out :suburban:

• Haha 2

26 minutes ago, Mel. said:

The payola with these girls is so disgusting to me and idgaf if I come off bitter, it has to be said. Wtf have they done to win “group of the year” and how did they win it before BLACKPINK who actually deserved it a couple times. They’ve done nothing in the US but one #1 album. Which BP already had and has already had success in the US. I’m literately disgusted that you can just buy accolades

and don’t bother quoting me with a rebuttal cause I won’t be responding to it. I’m saying my peace and I’m moving on

Melanie, be serious!

newJeans had a #1 album which is the longest charting Kpop female album in US history I think?, charted multiple songs on Hot 100 for weeks,  having songs chart on US spotify, managing to pull a huge crowd in a US festival despite not even being the headliner etc. 

If Billboard gave BABYMONSTER the "group of the year" award instead despite only having 1 single, you would've acted like they deserved it more than anyone else with your YGly biased self! 

The only one you should be mad at is YGly for simply not allowing BP to release enough music! Cause if they had released more music recently, then they would've definitely won the award! 

Edited by Pluto6
  • Like 5
  • Thanks 3

Taysé. I need that collab and not the swifties in the comments saying “we love Rosé, but Taylor please don’t take a pic with her” that Rosé curse is something serious :bibliahh:

Edited by Mel.

I said I’m not responding to any rebuttals, so y’all are wasting your times with any responses or paragraphs. I feel how I feel and no one is gonna charge it

NewJeans deserves their things ONE day, but they certainly don’t deserve “Group of The Year” before BLACKPINK. That’s alls I’m saying. Especially after the huge year BP has had from 2022-2023. Leave me alone about it

Edited by Mel.
  • Thumbs Down 1

Anyways…..posting this again because I can’t stop watching it. The vocals are just HEAVEN SENT! Those harmonies, ugh…simply breathtaking

Edited by Mel.
  • Haha 1
  • Thumbs Down 1

2 minutes ago, Mel. said:

I said I’m not responded to any rebuttals, so y’all are wasting your times with any responses or paragraphs. I feel how I feel and no one is gonna charge it

NewJeans deserves their things ONE day, but they certainly don’t deserve “Group of The Year” before BLACKPINK. That’s alls I’m saying. Especially after the huge tear BP has had from 2022-2023. Leave me alone about it

Luckily how you feel and reality are two different planes of existence :ahh:

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 3

6 minutes ago, Mel. said:

I said I’m not responding to any rebuttals, so y’all are wasting your times with any responses or paragraphs. I feel how I feel and no one is gonna charge it

NewJeans deserves their things ONE day, but they certainly don’t deserve “Group of The Year” before BLACKPINK. That’s alls I’m saying. Especially after the huge year BP has had from 2022-2023. Leave me alone about it

Melisandre, just because BP deserves it, does not mean that other groups don't deserve it 

• Thanks 1

9 hours ago, VelvetCrush said:

Wtf I can't unhear it now :deadbanana4: kinda like when people were complaining about that siren sound in TWICE's TT chorus

So starship just cut Robbie Williams song, and not re-create the melody instead? Wtf? 

21 minutes ago, Pluto6 said:

First you're saying in the following quotation that SNSD and SHINee could do global stadiums dates at their peaks: 

Then right after you're indicating that they couldn't do stadiums globally do to Kpop not being as global back then, and them not having a big enough global audience:

How can SHINee and SNSD fo global stadium dates during their peak days, when Kpop wasn't nearly as global back then? SO what's the truth?

spacer.png

My “they could have done it during their peak” was more hypothetical than anything, and I gave the examples of SNSD and Shinee since they were probably the most successful and impactful SM groups and the 3rd gen SM groups that followed them couldn’t live up to their success (compared to how BTS became bigger  globally than all HYBE groups, Twice  bigger than all JYP groups and BP bigger than all YG groups). EXO could have been the SM counterpart for BTS, BP and Twice in terms of being global stadium acts…but the circumstances stopped them so that’s another story for another day. 
spacer.png

having said that, I think EXO can still it today but idk if all 8 of them can comeback together anymore, so there’s that. 

I’m sorry but What achievements has Blackpink accomplished that NJ hasn't and I’m saying as a non fan. Sometimes you just have face to reality. spacer.png

• Like 1

Just now, Dialamba said:

I’m sorry but What achievements has Blackpink accomplished that NJ hasn't and I’m saying as a non fan. Sometimes you just have face to reality. spacer.png

- Headlining Coachella
- Doing a WW tour
- Having a debut album

- Doing a phone endorsement

- Having a public fight with investors and label execs for 6 months 

- Having lazy performances

There's plenty for NewJeans to achieve still actually

• Like 1

No one makes music like this anymore :'(
This song is what heaven sounds like 
katy-perry-cry.gif

• Like 3

Newjeans = group of the year

babymonster = failures 

i would be so so so mad too if i stanned the latter :ryan3:

• Like 1
  • Haha 7

17 minutes ago, Witnessed ET said:

My “they could have done it during their peak” was more hypothetical than anything, and I gave the examples of SNSD and Shinee since they were probably the most successful and impactful SM groups and the 3rd gen SM groups that followed them couldn’t live up to their success (compared to how BTS became bigger  globally than all HYBE groups, Twice  bigger than all JYP groups and BP bigger than all YG groups). EXO could have been the SM counterpart for BTS, BP and Twice in terms of being global stadium acts…but the circumstances stopped them so that’s another story for another day. 
spacer.png

having said that, I think EXO can still it today but idk if all 8 of them can comeback together anymore, so there’s that. 

Aren't EXO low key the biggest group from SM when you take impact and numbers into consideration though? SNSD has the impact, NCT has the sales/numbers, but EXO has both

spacer.png

EXO are kinda almost the male equivalent of TWICE

spacer.png

Edited by Pluto6

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.