K-Pop Thread: Red Velvet we love you so much; stream Cosmic!

Ryan

6 minutes ago, elevate said:

But actually I think they survived. The ending is definitely ambiguous; it's basically just a bit of laundry. Grab a bit of Tide, you're good to go.

sure... whatever helps you sleep at night:keir:

oldladylaugh.gif

• Haha 1

• Replies 51.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Save-Me-Oprah

• youresotoxic

• MonsterNavy

• hallucinate

some thoughts on the recent releases

love wins all is a beautiful song, especially the last 1:10 minutes

CIX comeback bops, way better than their last one

seola delivered a cute bop with her debut, listening to the b sides atm

spacer.png

• Like 1

starship’s promotion of IVE has sucked since like I’VE IVE era though, it’s not just all night

us fans in here have been dragging the company for months

spacer.png

Edited by hallucinate
  • Like 2

50 minutes ago, Pikachu said:

i feel like taeyeon doesn’t have that kind of ambition anymore, she just stays in her lane pretty much, she also doesn’t act and isn’t confident enough to write most of her songs. she probably just stays at SM for the convenience and ease she gets with choosing demos etc

That’s the problem. SM restricts creative control so much that you get used to being handed whatever scraps they dig up. Being in SM be default makes you very comfortable and kills drive because they don’t let you do anything yourself. 

I think it would really benefit Taeyeon’s creativity and artistry to go somewhere that priorities her but also doesn’t just have 1000 demos ready at any point to throw on a random album. 

Also a neutral company not caught up in Big 4 politics so she can work with whoever she wants. 

• Like 2

she looks and sounds amazing :jonnycat:

10 unreleased guide sound files wtf???? How does "A" impersonates Taehyung and Yoongi? via chat? phone? and how can the producer tell so much important information so easily without checking? Bighit is the real problem here.

A man in his 20s is standing trial for impersonating BTS V and Suga and stealing confidential information. ‘A man in his 20s who impersonated members of the group BTS was sentenced to prison in the first trial.

On the 19th, Criminal Division 27 of the Seoul Central District Court (Judge Ham Hyun-ji) sentenced Mr. A (29), who was indicted on charges of violating the Act on Promotion of Information and Communications Network Utilization and Information Protection, to one year in prison.

Mr. A is accused of approaching producer B as if he were BTS' Suga from August to September 2022 and receiving unreleased guide music.

In November of the same year, it was discovered that he contacted Suga by impersonating Mr. B and collected information related to albums and military service related to the time of enlistment.

Mr. A is also accused of impersonating V and receiving more than 10 unreleased guide sound files from other producers.

The court said, “There was a possibility that the victims and the affected company would suffer significant financial and social damage due to Mr. A’s actions,” and “It appears that the victims who passed on undisclosed information suffered significant psychological damage.”

In particular, Mr. A has a history of being sentenced to prison in the past for crimes using the same and some similar methods, and he committed the same crime while being investigated and tried for the same crime, so the court judged that the crime was "not good."

Mr. A is said to have participated in the song production process of a famous idol group in the past. He filed an appeal against the first trial ruling.” In addition, suspicions of unauthorized theft of information related to the release of albums of the agency that were not released to the public, unreleased sound source information, personal information and personal information of the affiliated singers, and schedules were also identified.

The court predicted a high possibility of property and social damage to the victims and the affected company due to Mr. A's actions, and said, "It appears that the victims have suffered significant psychological damage." In particular, Mr. A was reprimanded for having been sentenced to prison in the past for crimes similar to the method of the crime in question, saying, "The damage has not been recovered at all and he has not been forgiven by the victims."

However, the reasons for sentencing were explained based on the fact that Mr. A is currently showing a remorseful attitude and that Mr. A's family is committed to leading the way. Mr. A is dissatisfied with the first trial ruling and has filed an appeal.

Irene&Seulgi comeback this year maybe?

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, CrisPop said:

Irene&Seulgi comeback this year maybe?

it definitely has to be happening this year :jonny5:

first the new years appearance and now this??

3 minutes ago, Pluto2022 said:

Wouldn’t Taeyeon be bigger than IU overall if we combine her solo career with SNSD? 

chart wise, no

impact/fame wise maybe but taeyeon has been pretty low key the past couple of years

2 minutes ago, Pikachu said:

chart wise, no

impact/fame wise maybe but taeyeon has been pretty low key the past couple of years

I think IU's acting career got her a lot of fame/impact outside SK. Hotel de luna is a famous show. 

• Like 2

Edited by dangerlady

6 minutes ago, Nein said:

Need them to serve more cvnt like this! 

Also, where is the IRENE SOLO.

It seems like SM is deciding towards the unit. They performed at a New Year event, attended a fashion event together and now they are going on Immortal Songs together. It seems like they are heading towards a comeback for them.

I'm here for I&S comeback, even if IRENE deserves her own solo too.

Unfortunately we may never get her solo if it doesn't happen in the 1st half of this year, since RV's contracts are up in August and I'm not sure if IRENE will stay.

Edited by Zack

19 minutes ago, Gaia said:

That’s the problem. SM restricts creative control so much that you get used to being handed whatever scraps they dig up. Being in SM be default makes you very comfortable and kills drive because they don’t let you do anything yourself. 

I think it would really benefit Taeyeon’s creativity and artistry to go somewhere that priorities her but also doesn’t just have 1000 demos ready at any point to throw on a random album. 

Also a neutral company not caught up in Big 4 politics so she can work with whoever she wants. 

You don’t think Yawn has the pull after 20 years at SM to take creative control of she wanted to?

1 minute ago, dangerlady said:

I think IU's acting career got her a lot of fame/impact outside SK. Hotel de luna is a famous show. 

yeah taeyeon’s international hype dwindled after My Voice, but IU’s skyrocketed after that show (although Taeyeon got some of her biggest hits in recent years, one being an OST from that same show), that’s why i said only maybe even if you combine SNSD with her solo career. Before that IU was slightly local, obviously not anymore though

17 minutes ago, Pikachu said:

chart wise, no

INVU was big 100M in Spotify, 1M+ likes on YouTube, etc. But SM did what? No comeback for 2 years :rip: 

She really needs to go somewhere where she’s the main money maker so they push her to release more as well. She’s bitched about SM enough to know she’s only there because she doesn’t know anything else

Edited by Gaia

LWA isn’t my fave IU song but she really has her own lane and vibe and it’s noticeable that her sound has been missing now that she’s back. 

Hope for some fun pop songs though like the Lilac album had. People panned celebrity but it was one of my fave songs :rip: 

IU popularity also sky rocketed in China after Hotel Del Luna resulting in a big jump of her album sales.

• Like 1

WENDY booked! :clap3:

I hope she steals some English songs as well as Korean ones

Edited by Zack
  • Like 2

Masterpiece :loki:

• Like 2

Taeyeon is higher on realtime that that other song. Ahhh we’re really gonna see 

#1 - IU

#2 - Taeyeon

:jonny: 

The closest they’ll have to a collab. A collab on the charts!

Edited by Gaia
  • Haha 1

I can't believe SM has this face card in the dungeon because of some stupid knetz and a cigarette

GEnA0zYbIAAwuIA?format=jpg&name=4096x4096GEnA0z7a8AAFAwv?format=jpg&name=4096x4096

GEnA0zXacAABz74?format=jpg&name=4096x4096GENAI6paoAA_Y_C?format=jpg&name=4096x4096

200.gif?cid=95b279447vbaox10iqkf06ejh3ip

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I think Seunghan or whatever his name is will comeback are Love 119

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.