• MonsterNavy

• hallucinate

JYPE inability to create hype needs to be studied

spacer.png

• Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, Dialamba said:

spacer.png

If It affects even people like me who likes JYP groups It needs severe external interference

spacer.png

This song is so fun and catchy. Loveeeeee this.

Edited by Cheers
  • Like 2

can’t believe people care so much about lyrics

like it’s k-pop

spacer.png

• Like 4

her own fanbase :deadbanana2:

oh it’s bad for her

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, Dialamba said:

spacer.png

the longass teasing periods and botched pre-releases that they’ve been doing for their girl groups the last few years have been totally killing their hype imo

by the time things are actually released, no one cares anymore and it’s really evident in how the singles perform. some of them end up as a slow burn internationally, but the fact that their most recent “hits” are Sneakers and Love Me Like This says a lot 

I will say though that at least ITZY and NMIXX have been serving quality this year. arts not charts

spacer.png

1 minute ago, cloudbusting said:

the longass teasing periods and botched pre-releases that they’ve been doing for their girl groups the last few years have been totally killing their hype imo

by the time things are actually released, no one cares anymore and it’s really evident in how the singles perform. some of them end up as a slow burn internationally, but the fact that their most recent “hits” are Sneakers and Love Me Like This says a lot 

I will say though that at least ITZY and NMIXX have been serving quality this year. arts not charts

spacer.png

Seriously I remember in 2nd gen we’d get teasers 2 weeks before the release and you had no choice but to be hyped. Now the comebacks are announced months early, teasers start like 4-6 weeks before the release, and there’s pre-releases that are more duds than anything most of the time. 

No wonder it takes weeks of promo for groups to get hits nowadays. There’s just no hype 

21 minutes ago, Gaia said:

Seriously I remember in 2nd gen we’d get teasers 2 weeks before the release and you had no choice but to be hyped. Now the comebacks are announced months early, teasers start like 4-6 weeks before the release, and there’s pre-releases that are more duds than anything most of the time. 

No wonder it takes weeks of promo for groups to get hits nowadays. There’s just no hype 

The biggest thing to me, in terms of scheduling, is the release calendar. If you’re doing pre-releases, it should look something like this:

January - ITZY pre-release

February - ITZY comeback

March - NMIXX pre-release

April - NMIXX comeback

May - TWICE pre-release

June - TWICE comeback

July - ITZY pre-release

August - ITZY comeback

September - NMIXX pre-release

October - NMIXX comeback

November - TWICE pre-release

December - TWICE comeback

I don’t get why SM and JYP keep setting up their girl groups to fight against their labelmates :deadbanana: 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Eternium said:

The biggest thing to me, in terms of scheduling, is the release calendar. If you’re doing pre-releases, it should look something like this:

January - ITZY pre-release

February - ITZY comeback

March - NMIXX pre-release

April - NMIXX comeback

May - TWICE pre-release

June - TWICE comeback

July - ITZY pre-release

August - ITZY comeback

September - NMIXX pre-release

October - NMIXX comeback

November - TWICE pre-release

December - TWICE comeback

I don’t get why SM and JYP keep setting up their girl groups to fight against their labelmates :deadbanana: 

Yeah RV and Aespa coming back within DAYS of each other was literally so ******* stupid. AND Taeyeon only 2 weeks after? :deadbanana2:

Oh wow

i just watched the Love 119 video for the first time and they straight up just took every scene from Ditto, even down to the ending with the snowy fields and retro TV :redface: 

it’s nice though I see why they’re so popular 

Anyways LE SSERAFIM YAAAAAS!

58 minutes ago, Aniston's Boobs said:

her own fanbase :deadbanana2:

oh it’s bad for her

spacer.png

This is HyunA? :deadbanana2:

Gidle are like a tiktokified version of Crayon Pop to me.

Wife is... fun, I think. Beat's fun, it's campy, etc. However. I know we don't usually report in this thread but I feel like anyone posting the lyrics should be dealt with expeditiously. 

GEYIWPMaQAARxwC?format=jpg&name=large

such an interesting era so far :jonny2:

• Like 3

Wife is such a bop omg.

girl-at-subway-lit-subway.gif 

Who really gives a f about lyrics like this is Kpop...

2 hours ago, Gaia said:

Yeah RV and Aespa coming back within DAYS of each other was literally so ******* stupid. AND Taeyeon only 2 weeks after? :deadbanana2:

The fact that they had distribution problems and we STILL don’t have any of the albums in U.S. stores on top of it all is just so….. :jonny5: The mark-ups on Amazon to get the albums from off-brand stores are ridiculous.

It looks like Walmart is done with physical retail for albums and I’m worried that will affect the whole market.

40 minutes ago, oceans said:

their first miss

This video was great and they captured each group perfectly

SM in thier Comeback Era? 👀 

• Like 3

SISTAR were so stupid to disband so young into their careers. It virtually killed any chance of their success as people see them as a "dead" group of the past. Would it have really been hard to keep releasing a yearly single and promoting for one week :rip: 

Getting a SISTAR19 comeback is nice but its 11 years after their last comeback and 6.5 years after SISTAR's disbandment. It's sad to see their name hold no weight on the charts anymore.

• Like 2

We’re getting 5 sets of concept photos and 2 album trailers:WAP: I’m excited already. 
I wonder why they still don’t do pre-release singles when almost every other gg is doing/ did it at least once now:redface:

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, Gorjesspazze9 said:

SM in thier Comeback Era? 👀 

The music is good :cm:

Tbh JYP also deserves. They had a weird start to '23 but the last few months and especially weeks have been great 

• Like 3

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.