• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Save-Me-Oprah

• youresotoxic

• MonsterNavy

• hallucinate

17 minutes ago, MonsterNavy said:

xg invented wearing grillz? :deadbanana:

Not what I said, but Lisa suddenly using the same artist than them, when she used to have it made a whole other artist... :matty:  You cannot deny the influence.

Edited by Xalric

Didn't expect Supernatural to kind of be smashing since it is so a Japanese release but wow they're truly the GPs faves:clap3:

3 minutes ago, Xalric said:

Not what I said, but Lisa suddenly using the same artist than them, when she used to have it made a whole other artist... :matty: 

Be for real, that stylist was responsible for many other works way before XG

GQhGJGoWwAAxsxS?format=jpg&name=4096x409

4 minutes ago, illia said:

Be for real, that stylist was responsible for many other works way before XG

GQhGJGoWwAAxsxS?format=jpg&name=4096x409

No.

I'm not talking about the photographer/stylist.

I'm talking about the jeweler saeminum who did all the grillz and jewelry/accessories for XG.

https://www.instagram.com/saeminium?igsh=Y2x6ZDZsMzJ4dHYw

She's stage same person who also did Taeyong grillz and accessories for his solo.

11 minutes ago, Xalric said:

Not what I said, but Lisa suddenly using the same artist than them, when she used to have it made a whole other artist... :matty:  You cannot deny the influence.

nct wore that person's accessories/grillz before xg :rip: 

no one is influenced by xg's aespa cosplay. most def not blackpink :rip: 

39 minutes ago, Gorjesspazze9 said:

I am the best total Digitals wasn't even bigger then Genie or The Boys:deadbanana4: Not in Korea, Not in Japan, not even in the U.S. I Am the Best sold 6,000 in America same time SNSD sold 21,000. The Boys album total 9.9M Digitals, Genie Ep 3.3M.  Gee with a record 4.9 M Downloads was the biggest single of the year and top Hit Smash of the decade. 2NE1 never had a year end number 1 song… but SNSD has. I am the best did chart #4 over the boys with 3.4M to SNSD's 3.03M. 🤷‍♀️ but yall acting like I am the best washed them domestically, when The Boys was still Number 1 for 6 weeks straight and ended up out selling 2NE1 regardless. And that's just the single, album wise it's not even a competition as The Boys was the best selling GG album of the time breaking 400K. No other girl group in history did that before. 🤦‍♀️ so keep it cute and stop the cap. 

it was #1 for 2 weeks?

2 hours ago, Rainy Devil said:

Just saying **** to not be painted as a hater but is clearly one. :coffee2:

Speaking of SNSD, I was revisiting the Genie JP version MV and I still think is better than the original video.

The way they had every single detail of the choreo perfectioned compared to the KR version (due to the experience ofc). :jonny5:

Hide contents

The dance version is so entertaining.

They are so in sync.

Fact: Genie Jpn version is still objectively the best song in kpop history

• Like 3

where do I find how many streams a group had so far in 2024? i can only find daily and total streams

:suburban:

4 minutes ago, getinthezone said:

it was #1 for 2 weeks?

Yes, was number 1 for 6 weeks on Mu Bank. Music shows were metrics back then. It was Number 1 from June until early August 

2 minutes ago, Gorjesspazze9 said:

Music shows were metrics back then.

Music Shows were easy to rig back then. 

Not saying SNSD but a bunch of companies did, back in the day.

Edited by Xalric

5 minutes ago, TheCal said:

where do I find how many streams a group had so far in 2024? i can only find daily and total streams

:suburban:

I just search (*group name* Spotify 2024) on Twitter. A lot of fansites update regularly etc.

Edited by Pluto6
  • Thanks 1

Just now, Xalric said:

Music Shows were easy to rig back then. 

Music shows are easy to rig now. It still won

1 minute ago, Pluto6 said:

I just search (*group name* Spotify 2024) on Twitter. A lot of fansites update regularly on Twitter etc.

Oh:rip: Thank you bestie:heart:

No why we are disrespecting 2Ne1 :alexz2: They remain one of the biggest K-pop GG of all the time and they literally birthed BP whose has inspired so many GG:gaygacat5:

2no1 was iconik but SNSD were miles ahead of them in success overall. SNSD was akin to today's BTS in success & impact. Not only the 1 gg but overall. Comparing them to other ggs is an insult tbh. They were a league of their own

• Like 3

They're serving yet again!

Sullin barely keeping up with the choreography is such a kii tho :toofunny2:

We seriously need more Blackjacks in here, so that we can hear their side of the story. The SNSD circlejerking is too much :coffee2:

2 hours ago, Zack said:

I think we just need to consider the context of this whole situation. If this particular caller is completely innocent, then absolutely it is wrong that she got caught in the crossfire and suffered invasion of her privacy and of course she needs to be left alone. The police were called by this person, but pretending to call "by mistake" is a very very common tactic used by sasaengs and even if this particular phone number didn't show repeated call logs, I haven't seen anything which rules out that she could have been behind other calls to him from other numbers. This is also what many fans are questioning among other things. Sasaengs often have numerous devices/phone numbers on purpose and the police can only take the information they have from the number she provided, from which she could have only called once. As it stands, it appears she is innocent and either way she should be left alone, but there are some gaps in the explanation which seem a little questionable. There's also the question of why RENJUN would even reveal a number that only called once or twice, though we know he has been suffering from the harassment for a long time and maybe just snapped. 

But even that aside, the way SM has handled this is absolutely terrible. Back to my point of context, RENJUN has been on hiatus for anxiety and mental health issues. SM's statement is written in a way that is attacking him, when SM could have used it as an opportunity to remind/warn all sasaengs to leave him alone and let him recover from his mental health issues in peace. Instead, they haven't managed the situation with sasaengs and when RENJUN has been forced to take matters into his own hands, trying to protect his own privacy and wellbeing, they have placed all the blame on him rather than the company or stating that he is getting support. This is what I have a huge issue with.

Guess it leads into a wider conversation about how mental health is dealt with in K-Pop and we all KNOW that there are still some serious issues with that.

I just hope that this situation hasn't worsened RENJUN's condition or affected his recovery, it's a terrible situation for him. 

Police have literally investigated and confirmed her story. she literally has no interest in kpop. her  life has already been exposed and investigated by fans.

Most sasaeng hide their number but she didn't because she was just trying to call her friend.  renjun gets at least 30 calls a day from sasaeng so when he saw a call with a unhidden number from someone he though was a sasaeng, it would be incredibly tempting to expose.

Knetizens are eating him right now and he is legal trouble. he will need to make a significant settlement to the minor.

this minor is likely going to suffer from anxiety from the massive amount of cyberbullying just inflicted on her.

i feel terrible for renjun but stans everywhere need to stop.

3 minutes ago, Pluto6 said:

We seriously need more Blackjacks in here, so that we can hear their side of the story. The SNSD circlejerking is too much :coffee2:

Been into k-pop since early 2008 and from "Gee" on, SNSD was at the top the whole time, and that's not only for girlgroups, they were the top k-pop ACT, still the only girlgroup to top a year-end album chart to this day. If anything the only group that would compete with them in any market was KARA in japan and that's it.

That doesn't take away that 2NE1 was one of the 3 most sucessful 2nd generation girlgroups (along with SNSD and Wonder Girls) but they were not above SNSD or even on the same level as them.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Pluto6 said:

they always rewrite history

c8265tc.png

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, cat1867 said:

Police have literally investigated and confirmed her story. she literally has no interest in kpop. her  life has already been exposed and investigated by fans.

Most sasaeng hide their number but she didn't because she was just trying to call her friend.  renjun gets at least 30 calls a day from sasaeng so when he saw a call with a unhidden number from someone he though was a sasaeng, it would be incredibly tempting to expose.

Knetizens are eating him right now and he is legal trouble. he will need to make a significant settlement to the minor.

this minor is likely going to suffer from anxiety from the massive amount of cyberbullying just inflicted on her.

i feel terrible for renjun but stans everywhere need to stop.

No, it has been reported that her phone logs were investigated and they found no evidence based on the phone number she provided after she went to the police. That does not rule out that she could have multiple other devices and numbers in use. That being said, I've already said it is likely she is just an innocent person caught up in this, but there are some gaps in the story that have not been ruled out as certainty. 

I've already said that his fans should leave her alone regardless, however, what I don't like is the glossing over of his obvious mental health issues. 

He has been on hiatus for "anxiety" and "worsening health" and is trying to recover. He is not going to respond in the same way a healthy person might respond when faced with harassing and stalking calls and personal privacy breaches, so I think Knetz also really need to cut him some slack. They are well known for giving harsh criticisms to idols often unnecessarily which can have very damaging impacts on mental health. Like I said, it's a wider conversation for K-Pop in general that extends beyond this particular issue.

It's unfortunate this girl was seemingly innocently caught up in this incident, but it never would have happened had the sasaengs listened and stopped and/or SM controlled the situation with the sasaengs and had SM given RENJUN the support he obviously needs. I think it's wrong that SM has passed all the blame to him when they know he is unwell. 

Edited by Zack

15 minutes ago, romiskes said:

Been into k-pop since early 2008 and from "Gee" on, SNSD was at the top the whole time, and that's not only for girlgroups, they were the top k-pop ACT, still the only girlgroup to top a year-end album chart to this day. If anything the only group that would compete with them in any market was KARA in japan and that's it.

That doesn't take away that 2NE1 was one of the 3 most sucessful 2nd generation girlgroups (along with SNSD and Wonder Girls) but they were not above SNSD or even on the same level as them.

Didn't 2NE1 perform better digitally though like way better? I know that SNSD are the biggest gg of 2nd gen overall etc., but I don't think the gap between the 2 groups was that big as Scones are claiming? 

The term "being miles ahead of everyone" only fits groups like BTS and BLACKPINK 

Edited by Pluto6

A classic!

• Like 1

Production team went crazy with the references :jonny2:

• Like 3

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.