K-Pop Thread: Lisa channels her inner ROCKSTAR, serves MPG

Ryan

3 minutes ago, OrgVisual said:

That could also make sense. The strange phenomenon in Spicy could mean the aliens are starting to dominate the Real world. 

I'm starting to think the ones in the first half of Spicy (with school uniforms) are real Aespa, but the ones in the party scene (with Harley Quinn / Powerpuff styling) are Clones since their hair colours are different.

Drama is def a throwback to the origin of the clones (since the MV is almost in black and white and the world is not matching with Kwangya-lore)

spacer.png

You just made me rewatch the Drama MV lmao. 

But what if Drama was the start of the copycats take over? 

1. The girls got hit by a car. Someone tried to kill them but they survived however they were splitted.

2. There was an scene with Giselle getting spocked about her reflection in the mirror that kinda ties with the rules at the start of the video. Also this is referenced once more on the second verse with Winter and Giselle.

3. Karina was fighting multiple foes and when they were unmasked it was the other girls.

4. The sense of mistrust among them during the video. Better seen in the building scenes when they are deciding if they should let go of the others hand or not.

5. There are many scenes where we see them being chased, could be that the other versions of them trying to take over.

spacer.png

• Replies 51.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Save-Me-Oprah

• youresotoxic

• MonsterNavy

• hallucinate

4x.gif

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, Xalric said:

I'm going to ask my monbebe moot who went, apparently phones aren't allowed during the concert but are during the after party.

Well if they come through with any interesting info on the show...please share it. I want to know if it's just a cheap trick to sell the tickets (which worked because some dates sold out) or whether he is actually doing something...interesting. 

I've never seen a K-Pop tour marketed like that before, idk if anyone has done a tour where it's this level of suggestive that other things go down in the show :dies:

also... @cloudbusting everyone who went keeps tweeting like this lmao

Edited by Zack
  • Haha 1

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Joseline said:

post more Taehyung pics

• Like 1

We need her back

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, illia said:

We need her back

Yes, but with better music. Unfortunately, Cherry Coke wasn't really IT for me.

She should give us more bops like Barbie and collabs like Nirvana Girl

• Like 1

2 hours ago, TheCal said:

GN55ZOaa4AE2dZo?format=jpg&name=large

imagine meeting shirtless Mingyu... 

I'm not jealous at all

rSnViXc.gif

he's so yummy

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

SM has said/hinted multiple times since February (concert announcement for SYNK: Parallel Line) that aespa has a "multiverse" concept for SMCU S2 and it seems like it is made to be an alternative for the kwangya concept that everyone loves without it "troublesome" like back then. What MYs have been speculating is that all of the aespa's we saw with Spicy, Better Things, Drama, Supernova, track videos, and Armageddon might be just different versions of each-other. SM basically confirmed it with an article after the track videos dropped:

Spoiler

Also many different things posted on the aespa website: 

ImageImage

This one could mean how they switch between universes: 

Also this one was on some random directors ig story:

Edited by katyberry
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

55 minutes ago, Zack said:

Well if they come through with any interesting info on the show...please share it. I want to know if it's just a cheap trick to sell the tickets (which worked because some dates sold out) or whether he is actually doing something...interesting. 

I've never seen a K-Pop tour marketed like that before, idk if anyone has done a tour where it's this level of suggestive that other things go down in the show :dies:

okay this teasing is ENOUGH, someone needs to tell me straight up if he's helicoptering that thing onstage or not

• Haha 4

I mean the straps were a bit risky in case of malfunction, but otherwise this seems exaggerated

49 minutes ago, Zack said:

About a decade ago there were these kpop-adjacent companies (backdancer/choreo producers) that made their coin putting on parties, and they ended up finding a pretty good market in Japan.  The most publicly successful were Rampage Guys, and the company moved forward to launch the girl groups Bambino and Laysha.

Spoiler

Now as an artist BM is in a different stratosphere from those guys... but is he?

The Brasilians must be furious they have to share.

:cm:

• Like 1

we been knew. the blackpink renewal was for simply cash grab collabs off their brand like the recent murakami one. who is still delulu to believe that they enjoy performing as blackpink?

heBIBew.gif

let's give it up for the best disbandment song of all time :clap3:

• Haha 3

Just now, Zack said:

I mean the straps were a bit risky in case of malfunction, but otherwise this seems exaggerated

They also have really effective glues.  Of course Hyuna and Oh My Girl don't bother, but Giselle's were probably assigned extra handlers just to make sure everything stuck.

:cm:

2 minutes ago, katyberry said:

SM has said/hinted multiple times since February (concert announcement for SYNK: Parallel Line) that aespa has a "multiverse" concept for SMCU S2 and it seems like it is made to be an alternative for the kwangya concept that everyone loves without it "troublesome" like back then. What MYs have been speculating is that all of the aespa's we saw with Spicy, Better Things, Drama, Supernova, track videos, and Armageddon might be just different versions of each-other. SM basically confirmed it with an article after the track videos dropped:

Hide contents

Also many different things posted on the aespa website: 

ImageImage

This one could mean how they switch between universes: 

Also this one was on some random directors ig story:

When I say I really love their concept, I mean it. :jonny5:

So many cool things to look at and think about!

Knetz are right. 

Winter's pose at the end and with that hair is giving real life Sailor Moon. 

Sailor Winter. :heart2:

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

Posted (edited)
5 minutes ago, Asscatchem said:

we been knew. the blackpink renewal was for simply cash grab collabs off their brand like the recent murakami one

Surely the renewal for group activities was purely to stop YG's share price imploding. 

If they lost the IP to BLACKPINK entirely it would have been a disaster. They were probably desperate to at least keep them contracted as a group, even if they only ever do 1 comeback.

Edited by Zack

6 minutes ago, Asscatchem said:

This undefeated song :clap3:

• Like 1

Shut down the hit that you are 

spacer.png

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

27 minutes ago, Zack said:

Surely the renewal for group activities was purely to stop YG's share price imploding. 

If they lost the IP to BLACKPINK entirely it would have been a disaster. They were probably desperate to at least keep them contracted as a group, even if they only ever do 1 comeback.

i dont see how YG could lose the IP of their own creation?

-

all those 'locked in the yg dungeon' claims for why bp barely has any comeback/songs given their popularity is so kii looking back. the girls themselves didnt want to do it anymore they just wanted their ambassadorship check 1% of the effort of music, ig likes and call it a day s:wan:  the rihannas of kpop.

BLACKPINK's next comeback and world tour are gonna be so huge after their solos smash

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Asscatchem said:

-

all those 'locked in the yg dungeon' claims for why bp barely has any comeback/songs given their popularity is so kii looking back. the girls themselves didnt want to do it anymore they just wanted their ambassadorship check 1% of the effort of music, ig likes and call it a day s:wan:  the rihannas of kpop.

they were on tour for a year, which only ended september last year :chick1:

they're now obviously focussing on solo stuff

jennie has been very active

jisoo is filming a drama and movie

lisa is working on music

i have no clue what rosie is doing

they'll be back in 2025!

wait why am I defending my disbanded faves?

forever a nasty st!nk I guess :monkey:

• Haha 1

35 minutes ago, Rainy Devil said:

When I say I really love their concept, I mean it. :jonny5:

So many cool things to look at and think about!

Knetz are right. 

Winter's pose at the end and with that hair is giving real life Sailor Moon. 

Sailor Winter. :heart2:

I wish all music shows would start uploading this quality performances instead of 720p or whatever 

SM needs to go back to the basics. RV is proof you dont need a crazy 3d scifi budget to serve quality kpop, just a good song with charming members and slick vibes!

• Thumbs Down 1

10 minutes ago, Asscatchem said:

They can in the sense that if they failed to secure the group renewal, the IP would be effectively useless. 

There wouldn't be a whole lot they could have done with BP's name, if they had failed to get a renewal for the group activities. For investors, that would have been a disaster, given how much BP contributed to YG's revenue. It would basically cut off all of that potential coin.

It's a slightly different circumstance, but look at BIGBANG. YG still has control of the IP (presumably) but with all the members out of the company there's not much they can do with the group IP, if the members aren't signed for group activities (which we can assume they aren't since the group is now deleted from YG's website).

For BP, they have their independence as solo artists and for YG they didn't lose out on at least being able to manage and profit from more group activities (if that ever happens).

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.