K-Pop Thread: Red Velvet we love you so much; stream Cosmic!

Ryan

Just caught up to all the MHJ vs HYBE mess and all I can think of is that this would make such a good plot for a kdrama. :ghostface:

• Replies 51.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Save-Me-Oprah

• youresotoxic

• MonsterNavy

• hallucinate

4 minutes ago, Pluto6 said:

I must say that you have some sons in here that are trying to take your spot as my #1 enemy in here, but always know that you will always be the OG, since our fights are always iconic :heart:

Still can't stand you though, but I can somehow tolerate you especially compared to some other users lately :ryan3:

Thats right worstie you don't want smoke with me. Now walk it back some more and apologize to whoever it was you mistook for a stalker and I might take my foot off your neck again for a minute. :foxaylove3:

Edited by Sheep

7 minutes ago, Diesel is Desire said:

Well I think people are threatened by JYP groups, but not in the way you probably meant

:ryan3:

JYP is definitely a threat to society:ryan3:

• Haha 2
  • Thumbs Down 1

6 minutes ago, Sheep said:

Thats right worstie you don't want smoke with me. Now walk it back some more now and apologize to whoever it was you mistook for a stalker and I might take my foot off your neck again for a minute. :foxaylove3:

I'm not apologizing ****, but I can compliment your faves instead: 

This is the best Japanese song by a Kpop act along with TWICE's Kura Kura :gayoncecat3:

Edited by Pluto6
  • Like 2

Can we all agree this is the most impactful song of the 4th gen?

- Became a smash despite the weird lyrics and nerdy concept.

- Went viral and had many idols and celebrities covering it or dancing to it.

- Got people believing in KWANGYA and kicked off the whole SM Universe thing.

- Became the mood board for other groups such as NMIXX.

- Had CEOs plotting to take them down. 

:loki:

• Like 9
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, Rainy Devil said:

The way KTRL tried to gaslight Mys into thinking it was the worst song of all time and now those same users complain about how every comeback isn't as perfect as Next Level was. They really don't even try to hide it :ahh: 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Rainy Devil said:

The way it went viral multiple times including almost a year after release, in the presidential election :jonnycat:

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

I remember thinking no one would come close to a BP debut, only for newjennies to do that 

and now illit to beat them 

Kpop is truly something else 

spacer.png

Just now, thirdward said:

I remember thinking no one would come close to a BP debut, only for newjennies to do that 

spacer.png

I just don't see it for ILLIT. Anyone who were calling them payola or copycats got swarmed but after the Min Heejin news dropped, most of those defenders evaporated into thin air. The song isn't very good either.

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, Rhyme said:

Take me back to Summer 2023

MHJ her miiiind

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, thirdward said:

spacer.png

The ILLIT song is trendy, fresh, and catchy as **** 

I really think NJ and ILLIT can coexist, I know MHJ is an ARTIST and the jacking off pissed her but ILLIT are not coming for NJ

spacer.png

IVE had the heya mv teaser on repeat playing in the background all day! 

I'm preparing myself for it to sound like this instead of upbeat song tho

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Rainy Devil said:

- blocked bts' butter on the charts domestically sending the creature into a manic episode

• Haha 4

20 minutes ago, Rhyme said:

Take me back to Summer 2023

Seems like Korea is still stuck in 2022

MELON 9AM KST

26. HYBE BOY - NEWJEANS

27. DRAMA - AESPA

29. I AM - IVE

• Haha 1

Now that everyone is focusing on Min Heejin, wouldn't it be a great time to bring back Seunghan?

let's do that @SM

shh-kamala-harris.gif

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, Panda17 said:

Seems like Korea is still stuck in 2022

MELON 9AM KST

26. HYBE BOY - NEWJEANS

27. DRAMA - AESPA

29. I AM - IVE

I AM is soooo good

59 minutes ago, Windy Day said:

at least i'm not enormously fat like you, bang sihyuk.

The way I made it clear that shitman is not to be defended either, you're the only one going full cult mode defending a completely deranged 45 year old woman :rip:

Edited by armink

9 minutes ago, Rhyme said:

I just don't see it for ILLIT. Anyone who were calling them payola or copycats got swarmed but after the Min Heejin news dropped, most of those defenders evaporated into thin air. The song isn't very good either.

they already got the debut records but if we're talking about long term I think they will be okay thanks to hybe's machine

bang pd will turn them into a younger lsfm and change their concept every release and korea will stan again 

9 minutes ago, hétérosexuelle said:

The ILLIT song is trendy, fresh, and catchy as **** 

I really think NJ and ILLIT can coexist, I know MHJ is an ARTIST and the jacking off pissed her but ILLIT are not coming for NJ

spacer.png

yes they can coexist bc they won't keep the NJ cosplay for long, that was just to start mess

spacer.png

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, CandyCoatedClouds said:

Min Heejin could have had a career as an actress, she is truly a master manipulater.

Personally I don't root for Bang Hitman or Heejin because I think they're both somewhat deplorable and a honestly two sides of the same coin.

At least with Hitman his general seediness and gross tendencies are somewhat open for people to see, Heejin seems much more underhanded and like she has a hidden agenda.

The only true victims in this situation are Illit and NewJeans (both still horrible group names) because they're just innocent young women bring used as a pawn in someone else's game. It's sick honestly.

Also reddit has fully shifted to being on HYBE'S side while you guys seem to root for MJH. It's kinda silly to root for either one.

Also I honestly truly believe MJH wanted NJ to be as young and meek as they are to easily mold them, so that they would want to trust and look up to only her. They're easily controlled that way. Chaewon and Sakura are fully grown women have are industry veterans at thus point so they cannot be easily manipulated by whatever MJH feeds them. They already know the game and how it works.

Lastly. I hope to see this press conference scene recreated in some kdrama. Would be iconic.

I agree with the sentiment that they're both problematic, but I find it weird that youre insinuating both are equally bad (esp in that second last paragraph).

1. Last I checked, the one making underaged girls debut with hip thrusts on the ground wasnt MHJ.

2. Given realities of said hip thrusting (and now ass-shaking with Smart), what exactly are Chaewon and Sakura resisting against? And if this is the result of them "resisting" I'm afraid to see what they'd be made to do if SouMu/BSH had their way.

:clack:

• Like 1

The fact that the difference in opinion regarding Min Hee-jin vs HYBE is polled at 95% in support of her...

The shaman :loki:

The fact that KTRL has live-meltdowning over the  MHJ press conference and her looking insane, while the Korean general public perceived her press conference to be genuine and it swinging public opinion back in MHJ's favor in Korea is genuinely hilarious. Along with that 10 second middle finger photo from Illit's creative director single handedly destroying any goodwill HYBE had with the Korean GP :deadbanana2:

This is the drama the keeps on giving. Everything is so volatile, next thing you know they're leaking that MHJ doesn't have any red panties and it's somehow gonna be able to cancel NewJennies in Korea :bibliahh:

• Haha 1

12 minutes ago, armink said:

The way I made it clear that shitman is not to be defended either, you're the only one going full cult mode defending a completely deranged 45 year old woman :rip:

and you're eating it up apparently :bibliahh:

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.