K-Pop Thread: Lisa channels her inner ROCKSTAR, serves MPG

Ryan

5 minutes ago, Mitsuki said:

I need more NewJeans festival sets 

Hide contents

But they need songs for this to happen :frown:

If the performance at Tokyo Dome is not livestreamed... :deadbanana4: :biblionny:

• Like 1

• Replies 51.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Save-Me-Oprah

• youresotoxic

• MonsterNavy

• hallucinate

13 minutes ago, PerfectSacrifice said:

Let's be fr you have been shitting on and quoting drag tweets about them into this thread for hours, is that not enough?:rip: This level of obsession and negativity is getting unhealthy...  like girl get over it, go outside or something

this one :suburban:?

It's funny, I can't help it! 

Also, You need to take the L for the next few days. Me saying that they don't deserve 4 stars is not that deep, especially insinuating that I'm obsessed when everyone is joking about their performance and do the same, lol :toofunny3:  

4 minutes ago, geniecantstophypeboy said:

If the performance at Tokyo Dome is not livestreamed... :deadbanana4: :biblionny:

It probably won't and I dislike japanese events/concerts cause It's harder to have content from :deadbanana2:

TOPLINE Coachella debut!

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, Adama said:

Why are you acting like it wasn't live-streamed and we didn't saw their full set ? Mind you they even sounded worst on the reviewer Instagram story :rip:. Their performance didn't deserve a 4 stars 

not you investigating the writer's socials :rip:

they put on a good show and energized the crowd despite less than stellar vocal moments! :gaycatina1:(miss gaycat serving my avi here)

• Like 1

2 hours ago, TheCal said:

Manon - 21 (Jun 26, 2002)

Sophia - 21 (Dec 31, 2002)

Daniela - 19 (Jul 1, 2004)

Lara - 18 (Nov 3, 2005)

Megan - 18 (Feb 10, 2006)

Yoonchae - 16:rip:(Dec 6, 2007)

We could have had an all adult group but after mission 3 Nayoung (she was much more popular than yoonchae) supposedly said that she was considering a solo career so they eliminated her :deadbanana4:

I wished for PCD concept as well, but it's not happening:priceless:

Nayoung leaving was tragic. Why :gaycat7:

1 hour ago, Adama said:

No they're real! People said that bands can't perform on music shows bc it's too hard to organize or something.

They can perform on music shows.  Heck, a band from a label that does bands was just on Inkigayo.  It's just tough because without substantial label support they don't have money to produce their music show stages because in Korea, it's really tough for bands to make money.

They keep trying because everyone loves the idea of being in a band.  Heck, CJENM just did that band survival show and judging by the friends and family response, they should've just lit that money on fire.  If you're a Korean band, the best way to make a living is to start writing pop songs and other industrial music ip.

:cm:

Edited by harrythevifan
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Butters said:

not you investigating the writer's socials :rip:

they put on a good show and energized the crowd despite less than stellar vocal moments! :gaycatina1:(miss gaycat serving my avi here)

Bfr , someone posted it on Twitter under the review tweet :rip:. Ofc Their set wasn't the worst, but they don't deserve 4 stars. 

also not you using the term  « less than stellar vocals moments » instead of simply saying bad vocals  :dies:

• Haha 1

these queens need to just make it official

4x.gif

4 minutes ago, harrythevifan said:

They can perform on music shows.  Heck, a band from a label that does bands was just on Inkigayo.  It's just tough because without substantial label support they don't have money to produce their music show stages because in Korea, it's really tough for bands to make money.

They keep trying because everyone loves the idea of being in a band.  Heck, CJENM just did that band survival show and judging by the friends and family response, they should've just lit that money on fire.  If you're a Korean band, the best way to make a living is to start writing pop songs and other industrial music ip.

Oh tyvm! I thought they were under Kakao? Do you know how much it cost to produce a music show stage? 
Bc their first album sold 25k copies, it should be enough to appears on The Show or Mcountdown? 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Zack said:

I disagree. aespa have to dip and do a half split on the floor in the chorus of Black Mamba, yet they sang it full LIVE at Coachella and sounded stable. 

And it was their FIRST EVER performance/show in front of a live audience since debut! 

aespachella-2.gif

Aespa are my second fave group of all-time, but their choreography is not anything that would prevent talented singers from continuing to sing. And that is purposeful - their dances aren't bad or lazy, but they're not going to pull out a "Wannabe" or an "Eve, Psyche & The Bluebeard's Wife" because nobody could do a full 45-minute set and regularly hit high notes.

I'm not trying to downplay Aespa or their abilities as dancers, just pointing out that the people expecting LSRF to not have vocal flubs regularly with their level of choreography are not living in reality. 

• Like 2

beomgyuuuuuuuuuuuu

mmmm.jpg

this fandom is in shambles today

mmmm.jpg

• Haha 1

8 minutes ago, Adama said:

Also, You need to take the L for the next few days. Me saying that they don't deserve 4 stars is not that deep, especially insinuating that I'm obsessed when everyone is joking about their performance and do the same, lol :toofunny3:  

The way you just missed my whole point.

Anyways the journalists and people AT COACHELLA enjoyed the show a lot, and that's what really matters. 

Also you realize the review is just from one person's perspective right? Like I said idrc if you don't like the performance itself but making fun of others enjoying it is not the fun gag you think it is. 

Okay, end of conversation here.

1 hour ago, Zack said:

I disagree. aespa have to dip and do a half split on the floor in the chorus of Black Mamba, yet they sang it full LIVE at Coachella and sounded stable. 

And it was their FIRST EVER performance/show in front of a live audience since debut! 

aespachella-2.gif

I mean technically if I wanna get nitpicky they did lipsync a lot of parts that required harmonizing like the chorus of aenergy, black mamba and the lalalalas in next level and their first live audience performance was in kpop world concert in nov 2021 (kinda awkard cuz they couldn't scream due to covid)

but I don't wanna take away from your main point thought. Aespa are just the superior vocalists live, regarless of choreography. EXO is also a SM act that has hard choreography but they're great live!! Irene & Seulgi also had some hard choreos.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Adama said:

Bfr , someone posted it on Twitter under the review tweet :rip:. Ofc Their set wasn't the worst, but they don't deserve 4 stars. 

also not you using the term  « less than stellar vocals moments » instead of simply saying bad vocals  :dies:

Uh you're free to share your starred review here, or Twitter or whatever I guess, but there's a very good reason people who attended concerts publish reviews, not those who livestream them :dies: This is Coachella, not the Voice, so a performance rating shouldn't only take into account vocal quality but professionalism, crowd engagement, and strong energy, which the writer highlighted in their article. 

Have yet to see a single negative account from anybody who was actually on the ground. (knock on wood). 

• Like 1

Bibi and Jackson were hot af:WAP:

I don't remember this performance being so back tracky :skull: No hate to Pinkchella, it's clear LSF would have benefited from more of it, at least from the terminally onlines.

18 minutes ago, VelvetCrush said:

I mean technically if I wanna get nitpicky they did lipsync a lot of parts that required harmonizing like the chorus of aenergy, black mamba and the lalalalas in next level and their first live audience performance was in kpop world concert in nov 2021 (kinda awkard cuz they couldn't scream due to covid)

but I don't wanna take away from your main point thought. Aespa are just the superior vocalists live, regarless of choreography. EXO is also a SM act that has hard choreography but they're great live!! Irene & Seulgi also had some hard choreos.

They used a backing track (not lipsync as their mics were also live underneath those parts) but the choreography on some of their titles is heavy and it wouldn't translate well to a live stage to not pad the vocal out with that. For some reason Coachella also edited the stream in later content and the backing track was turned up louder. On the livestream on the night, they were audible and singing throughout the whole set and sounded good and the backing track was not as loud compared to some versions they uploaded later. It was through the livestream that people could hear clearly that they handled the live singing very well.

And yes that performance in 2021 isn't really counted by the fandom since the "audience" sat in silence and there was no interaction or cheering, they were more like observers, plus it wasn't a huge amount of people due to the virus restrictions. Completely different to Coachella where it was an actual live/reacting audience, people could scream and the size of the audience was significantly larger, plus they'd not toured or had experience of being in front of a large audience/crowd in that way until Coachella. It must have been super nerve wracking for them but the girls rose to the occasion. 

I agree though, I'm not personally trying to make comparisons to anyone, only commenting on aespa directly and I think they simply proved (especially GISELLE) that they are all live singers and can handle that kind of stage professionally. But I agree with what you say, that comes from being superior vocalists, the SM training tends to pay off in these circumstances for a lot of their groups, since RV, EXO, SNSD, f(x) etc have all shown it in the past too.

Edited by Zack
  • Like 2

9 minutes ago, Butters said:

Uh you're free to share your starred review here, or Twitter or whatever I guess, but there's a very good reason people who attended concerts publish reviews, not those who livestream them :dies: This is Coachella, not the Voice, so a performance rating shouldn't only take into account vocal quality but professionalism, crowd engagement, and strong energy, which the writer highlighted in their article. 

Have yet to see a single negative account from anybody who was actually on the ground. (knock on wood). 

Where did I said that I only take in account their vocals? The energy was there, same for the dancing. Unfortunately the vocals were so bad that it directly impacted the overall performance and that's why I said that their grade was too high. 

The same can be applied to their fans? The  praise we've seeing are from their fans themselves and they weren't at Coachella either :dies:

Flo is on right now

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, Adama said:

Oh tyvm! I thought they were under Kakao? Do you know how much it cost to produce a music show stage? 
Bc their first album sold 25k copies, it should be enough to appears on The Show or Mcountdown? 

I don't know.  There's also the question of what does appearing on those shows worth to them.  Will the promotion to that audience really improve their notoriety beyond what they're doing right now?  Or is it like the fistingirls who'd like to tell their future nieces and nephews they were going on those shows, too!

The company classifies them as an "idol band" so it'll happen sooner than later.  And it's probably a good strategy to become something first.  At least that way you can bring friends with you so you're not all alone.

1 minute ago, harrythevifan said:

fistingirls

IMG_7510.gif?ex=662efb69&is=661c8669&hm=1ace3bfc400f3b9645e2428f45d8d9a05821a0adc9663042433cc1c6a39fefac&

13 minutes ago, Butters said:

I don't remember this performance being so back tracky :skull: No hate to Pinkchella, it's clear LSF would have benefited from more of it, at least from the terminally onlines.

only on that particular clip lol lets not

all hybe groups could benefit from the loud backtracks during all their live performances

Edited by MonsterNavy

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.