K-Pop Thread: Lisa channels her inner ROCKSTAR, serves MPG

Ryan

14 minutes ago, Witnessed ET said:

:gaycat2:

A man.

Some may say he's an acquired taste, but he does it for me.

spacer.png

• Thanks 1

• Replies 51.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Save-Me-Oprah

• youresotoxic

• MonsterNavy

• hallucinate

1 minute ago, Sheep said:

Their fav never happened and plunged the company into debt and while le sserafim were instant icons. I'd be delusional and angry too. :foxaylove3:

G'friend was mismanaged imo! They used to be so big during their peak! A real phenomenon 

• Thanks 2

5 minutes ago, Zack said:

Well SM's vocal training is super important but only one part of the puzzle. The other is finding trainees who actually have the natural singing talent/potential already there. The vocal training can sometimes take someone from bad to okay/good with hard work, but it can only go so far, so if HYBE is taking trainees just on looks it would only have a limited use.

SM seems better at spotting it than most, considering how many leading vocalists they have managed to debut. For example, JYP, YG and CUBE said no to WENDY auditioning, but SM said yes.

Right, like Yunjin has the underlying potential to get there (even last night with the dancing, she was fine outside of the lower register), if she put in the effort.

kazuha and eunchae on the other hand…

2 minutes ago, Adama said:

The fact that HYBE have probably a lot of vocalists trainees but they will probably end up like Jiwoo, Nayoung and Chanelle :ace:

Both LSRF and Illit debuts were rushed when you think about it. They acquired some trainees for a new project still in inception and debuted them 6 months - 1 year later. Time is of the essence with Hybe :gaycat5:

7 minutes ago, Sheep said:

Their fav never happened and plunged the company into debt and while le sserafim were instant icons. I'd be delusional and angry too. :foxaylove3:

Clock that tea

summer-walker-snaps.gif

• Haha 1

New jeans fans are so delusional lmao :deadbanana4: I always see some linked performance with so obviously pre-recorded or lip synced vocals talking about "good live singing" like it's giving the same delusions as Blinks were in the past with BP's constant pre-recorded vocals :rip: 

• Haha 5
  • Thumbs Down 3

woman-shamelessly-dancing-crowd.gif

• Like 1

1 hour ago, geniecantstophypeboy said:

Both LSRF and Illit debuts were rushed when you think about it. They acquired some trainees for a new project still in inception and debuted them 6 months - 1 year later. Time is of the essence with Hybe :gaycat5:

Even Katseye, if we compare them to their western peers,well FLO is way more above. And the same can be said with Fifth Harmony and LM. 

Edited by Adama

it's looks (and money) over talent for these companies when it comes to selecting trainees, now more than ever

maybe the reason SM would have more vocally talented trainees is because they give them a new face anyway :oh:

• Haha 3

i usually hate bangs but they look stunning on her :jonnycat:

• Like 4

time.. the ultimate truth teller

her confidence wew

she deserves it so much :clap3:

• Like 3

44 minutes ago, Gorjesspazze9 said:

I'm slightly worried that SM will instantly push a 2024 western sound on the New Girl group :gaycat6: cuz western pop is tragic right now. but I have a feeling they are cooking up something fresh or at least circa 2009 revival. 

Imagine they enter the scene with this level of chorus, Hook, catchphrase, Bridge, adlib to outro hypnotic beat:jonny4:

@Odette Violet

Eurodance would be a great sound for the new girlgroup. Get Danny L Harle in the studio with them SM :lakitu:

• Thanks 1

Thinking about NMIXX full album and I gasped We need budget 

• Like 2

Hybe has the power to get the best trainees in the industry, and yet they pick the most mediocre ones :rip:

What is this? They should book Coachella next year, they are ready.

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, Adama said:

Even Katseye, if we compare them to their western peers,we'll FLO is way more above. And the same can be said with Fifth Harmony and LM. 

Right. I'm not against a shorter training period. I think the danger lies in how little time idols seem to have for themselves after they debut, to practice. I recall Ive Yujin saying it, but other idols have talked about it too. Ive haven't had one dance class since they debuted 2 years ago. And as much as she would like to practice, she said she doesn't have the time.

Edited by geniecantstophypeboy
  • Thanks 1

Katseye is their last hope Yes Manon Yes main vocalist :jonnycat: Numba one bb debutation with bagging 5 Grammys first year I'm not imagining it 

32 minutes ago, Sheep said:

ntm on gspot they still eat loser vocally

8 minutes ago, BigBangStan said:

Hybe has the power to get the best trainees in the industry, and yet they pick the most mediocre ones :rip:

Reminder that Haneul from Kiss Off Life is a reject from HYBE judged to old to follow the trainee program, she's 18 years old.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, DelRey said:

What is this? They should book Coachella next year, they are ready.

If Hatsune Miku can do it. Plave can do it. All hail our new 2d overlords!:msmarvel:

1 minute ago, Xalric said:

Reminder that Haneul from Kiss Off Life is a reject from HYBE judged to old to follow the trainee program, she's 18 years old.

I bet it was Min Hee-jin. :ryan2:

• Haha 5

40 minutes ago, Adama said:

G friend fans will never leave LRSFM alone :bibliahh:

omggg :deadbanana2:

korean fans are going all in

• Haha 1

Using plastic surgery  is so tired at this point when all companies do it but when you think about it, there's nothing more tragic than debuting talentless idols with basically new faces

At least one company understood the assignment better :gaycat5:

Edited by Odette Violet

35 minutes ago, Sheep said:

GFRIEND did happened and had HITS, but the thing is back in the day, they had virtually no fanbase. And nothing to feed and grow that fanbase. Like how VIVIZ already have more festival show appearance and concert (not solo concert) then GFRIEND ever had.

Like they are already fully booked for entire month of May and still hasn't a comeback in sight, yet they already making money.

16 minutes ago, 40_L3VE said:

A man.

Some may say he's an acquired taste, but he does it for me.

spacer.png

He's more than just an acquired taste lol, he's legit beautiful. The only ones denying it are the narrow-minded KBS warriors

spacer.png

• Thanks 1

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.