K-Pop Thread: Lisa channels her inner ROCKSTAR, serves MPG

Ryan

Just now, Rhyme said:

BAEMON has like 7 girls and only one of them are kinda close to Rosé/Jennie/Lisa in terms of stage presence and it factor so how did that go for YG

yeah let's just compare rookies to seniors

• Replies 51.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Save-Me-Oprah

• youresotoxic

• MonsterNavy

• hallucinate

5 minutes ago, Zuko said:

this

i don't know how it is for other groups, but bts' producers - mostly pdogg - is obsessed with raising the pitch of songs, even when it's unnecessary.

hybe somehow thinks higher is always better, even if the artist has to strain to reach the notes

That's very much an overall K-Pop problem. Too many people think that hitting a high note by hook or by crook = great singing.

They praise idols for hitting certain notes after the nth attempt and damn near blowing out their vocal chords during studio recording sessions, but don't stop to think that they will never, ever be able to do that live on stage.

Voices getting ruined because idols are forced to sing outside of their range with an improper technique. Companies are spending more time and effort on teaching facial expressions than proper vocal techniques and it continues to backfire.

• Like 2

Gonna need Fromis_9 to come out of the basement and show their labelmates how to SING :jonny6:

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, Asscatchem said:

this western individualist mindset needs to go. the members were literally trained by the YG village in all departments.

There are things you can't teach and BP has it.

• Like 3

11 minutes ago, Asscatchem said:

Ahyeon was so jennie coded for inkigayo :jonny5:

idk if its just the choreography is ass or what but why does she look so lost, like she's a beat behind or something :deadvision: 

Just now, 40_L3VE said:

There are things you can't teach and BP has it.

yup. and guess what company saw that potential and honed it?

I'm not even a BP fan, there is literally no one in BabyMonster, LSRFM etc. that has the stage presence of Lisa or Jennie, bfr :rip:

• Like 1

visually they looked so good too! the different hair colors and outfits made them all stand out individually

I always prefered these looks over their 2023 looks

6977fb563dde2f2ddf24b741f8da4a77.gif

blackpink.png

89bf0b0a2439009ca6639bc42c7e3c29.gif

babf35d98285fafa17158aa5c78f5c0469295da4

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

SM acts are coming to my country recently (suju, aespa, nct 127, nct dream), so I have hopes

• Like 1

Just now, smates said:

I'm not even a BP fan, there is literally no one in BabyMonster, LSRFM etc. that has the stage presence of Lisa or Jennie, bfr :rip:

chiquita/ahyeon are already akin to lisa/jennie at that age :jonny5:

7 minutes ago, Asscatchem said:

yeah let's just compare rookies to seniors

BLACKPINK from Day 1 :foxaylove3:

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Asscatchem said:

chiquita/ahyeon are already akin to lisa/jennie at that age :jonny5:

So you're proving their point. They're taking inspiration from Chaennie

:ryan3:

4 minutes ago, Rhyme said:

BAEMON has like 7 girls and only one of them are kinda close to Rosé/Jennie/Lisa in terms of stage presence and it factor so how did that go for YG

Did BAEMON had the same team training them then BP...

BP had the band of EPK (Beyoncé's Band), Parris Goebel, SOL (the Vocal coach who trained BIG MAMMA, MAMAMOO, BIGBANG, 2NE1, Lee Hyori, Uhm Jung Hwa she stopped working with YG back in 2019/20), the ex YG Stage Director also left and now work with XGALX.

Like the team that worked with Blackpink mostly stopped working with YG for other companies or jumped ship during the whole Burning Sun scandal.

I just watched the full performance of LE SSERAFIM's Coachella stage, and it wasn't nearly as bad as people on Twitter are claiming. It was mostly Eunchae having visible vocal struggles, but the performance overall was good tbh. People acting like they were off key the entire set when that's not the case. They also had the energy and stage presence as well.

Btw this is a festival not a concert, which means that the most of the people in audience are drunk and h!gh, and the purpose is to have fun and vibe with the music and performers etc. 

I was mostly surprised by Sakura and how much she stood out at the performance along with Yunjin, with both of them stealing the show :clap3:

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Dialamba said:

So you're proving their point. They're taking inspiration from Chaennie

:ryan3:

and chaennie took inspiration from 2ne1. collectivism is real babes

can't stop looking at the IVE teasers like…

spacer.png

• Like 2

Just now, Xalric said:

Did BAEMON had the same team training them then BP...

BP had the band of EPK (Beyoncé's Band), Parris Goebel, SOL (the Vocal coach who trained BIG MAMMA, MAMAMOO, BIGBANG, 2NE1, Lee Hyori, Uhm Jung Hwa she stopped working with YG back in 2019/20), the ex YG Stage Director also left and now work with XGALX.

Like the team that worked with Blackpink mostly stopped working with YG for other companies or jumped ship during the whole Burning Sun scandal.

BABYMON could be taught by Beyoncé and Madonna and they still wouldn't be BP level. No hate to them, BP is just extraordinary. 

3 minutes ago, Rhyme said:

BLACKPINK from Day 1 :foxaylove3:

how many years have they trained / how old are they?

4 minutes ago, 40_L3VE said:

That's very much an overall K-Pop problem. Too many people think that hitting a high note by hook or by crook = great singing.

They praise idols for hitting certain notes after the nth attempt and damn near blowing out their vocal chords during studio recording sessions, but don't stop to think that they will never, ever be able to do that live on stage.

Voices getting ruined because idols are forced to sing outside of their range with an improper technique. Companies are spending more time and effort on teaching facial expressions than proper vocal techniques and it continues to backfire.

they are hurting their own artists' vocal cords over their stupid belief: "the higher, the catchier"

• Thanks 1

:cupid:

• Like 3

1 minute ago, hallucinate said:

can't stop looking at the IVE teasers like…

spacer.png

some of their BEST teasers so far :jonny5: I need to go preorder :jonny2:

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Asscatchem said:

how many years have they trained / how old are they?

BABYMON and BLACKPINK both trained an average of 4- 5 years with Jennie being the longest at six years. 

yg pushed bp as 4 individuals early on, 

so i would give babymonsters a little bit more time to see if yg pushes them as individuals + if they can stand on their own

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.