K-Pop Thread: Lisa channels her inner ROCKSTAR, serves MPG

Ryan

8 minutes ago, Ryan said:

Struggling or not, Le Sserafim's mics were ON. Can't say the same about any of their peers really. 

Idk about the others but it's true regarding their label mates.  NJ backtrack was loud during their Lollapalooza set last year. 

2 minutes ago, Zuko said:

i have barely seen anything about coachella (except for here) kinda crazy how immense coachella used to be, every influencer making a big deal about it, beyonce was the last time everyone, even gp, was tuning in 

although, more genres are being incorporated in the line up,

so maybe it will become more a music focused festival instead of a fashion influencer event over time?

Last year was pretty big imo. 

• Replies 51.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Save-Me-Oprah

• youresotoxic

• MonsterNavy

• hallucinate

5 minutes ago, 40_L3VE said:

The ones tuning in to an afternoon Coachella livestream are the same ones who would have purchased tickets anyway.

Coachella isn't this huge, magical marketing tool people think it is.

Compared to previous years, the hype around the festival has cooled down tremendously. Their performance would have to go super viral (for the right reasons) to make a difference.

That's why I said if they do good. Like Doja Cat set in 2022, really cemented her as one of the best performer of her generation. Same for Rosalia set last year. It was all over Twitter.

Edited by Adama

I couldn't find anything about it. Did Coachella increase BP's streams/listeners on Spotify? I feel like the 2019 Coachella was much more effective in terms of promoting them. 

I was ready to drag Sakura but she did well for her standard.

The visual though :clap3: Stick with that long blonde hair. She looks super gorgeous. 

• Like 4

11 minutes ago, Adama said:

But Coachella can be a huge promotion. If they do good, people will definitely want to see them more, and it will also elevate their status even more. 

I don't disagree, but their image or status will also take a hit if they don't sell out their own concerts, while they have already done some promotion in the US, so Coachella is a bit redundant.
If they headline a festival, I'd be more inclined to think they would go to Lollapalooza again, over Coachella. It's later in the year and they already have connections.

Oh by the way the lady is coming... And the news isn't hitting as much as before, she really ended her career for some questionable D... :deadbanana4:

Edited by Xalric
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, Adama said:

Last year was pretty big imo. 

maybe on kpop/stan twt, but it didn't make much noise outside of it imo

i still remember my non stan friends excitedly talking about beyonce's performance, or who was there, who was wearing what, etc

• Like 2

just opened twitter and tiktok and its full of lsrfm drags my poor girls :deadbanana2:

• Like 1

3 hours ago, newaespa said:

don't ARMYS in their 10s/20s/30s/40s/50s all the way till 90s or whatever, hate on every single kpop group on a daily basis? :rip:

yes, but me, a 27 year old man, posting about bts once every 2 weeks is where they draw the line :deadbanana2:

what's the point of a live band if you cant even lower the key or change the arrangement that easier to perform?

• Like 2
  • Thumbs Down 1

The problem with Hybe is they always give songs that don't fit the group's vocals and always force them to sing at higher pitch..... which results in the mess we are seeing today.

• Like 2

back to REAL singers :celestial3:

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Raspy said:

what's the point of a live band if you cant even lower the key or change the arrangement that easier to perform?

Bang Si Hyuk is too busy making remixes to inflate streams and sales, he has no time to make remixes that actually serve a purpose, like for concerts :cm:

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Raspy said:

1. The optics.

2. To say that you had a live band at Coachella. :laugh:

3. The optics.

2 minutes ago, MonsterNavy said:

yes, but me, a 27 year old man, posting about bts once every 2 weeks is where they draw the line :deadbanana2:

I was here during the Dynamite era, you hate their guts for some reason, it's not even a casual dislike. You were literally a threat to members' well-being during that era, do not fool yourself into thinking you wouldn't be the same if they were active now.

"Once every 2 weeks" and all of them are in the military :rip:

• Like 6

Just now, smates said:

I was here during the Dynamite era, you hate their guts for some reason, it's not even a casual dislike. You were literally a threat to members' well-being during that era, do not fool yourself into thinking you wouldn't be the same if they were active now.

"Once every 2 weeks" and all of them are in the military :rip:

:lmao: 

once every 2 weeks these days* lol

• Thumbs Down 1

He is so cute and random we love you baby yujin :chick3:

6 minutes ago, BlackAura said:

The problem with Hybe is they always give songs that don't fit the group's vocals and always force them to sing at higher pitch..... which results in the mess we are seeing today.

That's exactly what the problem is. I'm not saying V is a brilliant vocalist or anything but why was he as a baritone hitting 5th octave notes during the entire Dynamite/Butter era :deadbanana: He sounds so much better on his solo songs, for this reason.

• Thanks 1

16 minutes ago, geniecantstophypeboy said:

I don't disagree, but their image or status will also take a hit if they don't sell out their own concerts, while they have already done some promotion in the US, so Coachella is a bit redundant.
If they headline a festival, I'd be more inclined to think they would go to Lollapalooza again, over Coachella. It's later in the year and they already have connections.

Yeah they could be the 3rd Hybe act to headline Lollapalooza. They're no way they don't sell out their own concerts. 

11 minutes ago, Zuko said:

maybe on kpop/stan twt, but it didn't make much noise outside of it imo

i still remember my non stan friends excitedly talking about beyonce's performance, or who was there, who was wearing what, etc

Idk, Bad bunny, Rosalia and BP were all over my circle stories and they aren't part of stan twt. I also remember how badly people talked about Frank set lol. 

But it's true Beychella is probably Coachella peak. This year line up is not giving… 

45 minutes ago, Zuko said:

i have barely seen anything about coachella (except for here) kinda crazy how immense coachella used to be, every influencer making a big deal about it, beyonce was the last time everyone, even gp, was tuning in 

although, more genres are being incorporated in the line up,

so maybe it will become more a music focused festival instead of a fashion influencer event over time?

The lineup is wack. Lana despite being a star isn't a great performer no one way is paying $1000 to watch being sleepy for an hour :rip:

12 minutes ago, Hitchhiker said:

back to REAL singers :celestial3:

oh GODXO we LOVE you:jonny5:

perched for the alleged winter album :WAP:

17 minutes ago, Darkling said:

He is so cute and random we love you baby yujin :chick3:

djdjfjf what is this

spacer.png

le satanim... let's go back to lip syncing girls! :heart:

LSRFM really pulled a Tate McRae bc why they didn't add more dance break when it's what they're the best at :deadbanana4:

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.