K-Pop Thread: Red Velvet we love you so much; stream Cosmic!

Ryan

not the SM social media intern setting that poor boy up nnnn

• Replies 50.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Save-Me-Oprah

• youresotoxic

• MonsterNavy

• hallucinate

4 minutes ago, Windy Day said:

you’re right. she can name her songs whatever she likes, just like we can call her an ignorant self-centered bigot who has absolutely 0 knowledge of modern history and what’s currently happening in the society she lives in.

anyway, i guess taeyeon is superior after all :redface:

spacer.png

6 minutes ago, Windy Day said:

you’re right. she can name her songs whatever she likes, just like we can call her an ignorant self-centered bigot who has absolutely 0 knowledge of modern history and what’s currently happening in the society she lives in.

anyway, i guess taeyeon is superior after all :redface:

spacer.png

Why are you saying that? Maybe she does know about it and maybe she doesn't. Regardless, that's not a reason to not name her song love wins. You don't simply stop using common words and sentences because someone else somewhere in the world also used those words or sentences. Make it make sense.

• Like 1

It was a matter of time until RIIZE tiktok strategy will backfire

#savetheboys

#sendthetrucks

#jisoo

The stinks boiling in the replies to that tweet are acting like Anton killed Roseanne’s dog and poisoned her bleach supply :deadbanana4:

it’s not that serious

spacer.png

• Haha 1

36 minutes ago, geniecantstophypeboy said:

What's everyone favorite Itzy song this comeback?

I quite liked 

and

Pop-rock queenzy is my new spirit animal

K-Pop Itzy GIF by VON GRAMBUSCH

So basically you like Moonbyul's music.

1 minute ago, geniecantstophypeboy said:

Why are you saying that? Maybe she does know about it and maybe she doesn't. Regardless, that's not a reason to not name her song love wins. You don't simply stop using common words and sentences because someone else somewhere in the world also used those words or sentences. Make it make sense.

Well maybe she should check wiki before appropriating meaningful sentences because in korea, when you look for "love wins" it clearly says that it’s a queer phrase!! she’s a songwriter, she should know the power that words holds. these aren’t just common words lol

https://namu.wiki/w/Love wins

i guess you might be young? so i understand that you don’t know the meaning of it so instead of arguing with you i’ll try to show you why i asked this question earlier in the thread to see what atrl (a forum with a majority of gay users) members were thinking of the song title. firstly i’m not american so i’m myself not entirely aware of everything that surrounds "love wins" but basically it is historically strongly linked with gay marriage in the US (and other countries as well) AND with the horrible mass shooting that happened in a gay club in america a few years ago. queer people have also being ARRESTED in russia for using "love wins". you see that these aren’t considered "common words". like i said earlier, they’ve also been used in korea just a few months ago to celebrate the court rulling that same sex couples can benefit equal health insurance as straight couples

here’s an article from the Korea Times that was posted today which explain the current controversy around IU at the moment in korea.

https://m.koreatimes.co.kr/pages/article.amp.asp?newsIdx=367187

and i asked those questions AS A FAN. i’m sorry if i was aggressive earlier but i didn’t ask for people blindly defending my faves, i asked for opinions about the title and controversy :hug:

this lowkey sounds like AOTY omg

7 minutes ago, Lightbringer007 said:

this lowkey sounds like AOTY omg

I like aĺl the songs so far

• Like 1

Okay maybe NMISS didn't miss with this album. I'm actually bopping to it. :jamming:

• Like 3

14 minutes ago, Save-Me-Oprah said:

The stinks boiling in the replies to that tweet are acting like Anton killed Roseanne’s dog and poisoned her bleach supply :deadbanana4:

it’s not that serious

spacer.png

tbh the comments on tiktok are actually supportive :rip: They only made a big deal of it on twitter

Blinks being annoying and irritating as usual, what's new ?

Anton is literally an angel

006e513109b8c3b97dc5aa4229f13b9b8877391c.gif

:gaycat1:

• Thanks 1

also this is kinda musical perfection 

• Like 1

...Anyways let's get back to a singer turned actress actually who actually served a song for the gay club 

Edited by WeFoundWill
  • Thanks 2

4 minutes ago, Inspirit said:

Blinks being annoying and irritating as usual, what's new ?

Anton is literally an angel

006e513109b8c3b97dc5aa4229f13b9b8877391c.gif

:gaycat1:

He poked the bear :ducky:

20 minutes ago, Windy Day said:

Well maybe she should check wiki before appropriating meaningful sentences because in korea, when you look for "love wins" it clearly says that it’s a queer phrase!! she’s a songwriter, she should know the power that words holds. these aren’t just common words lol

https://namu.wiki/w/Love wins

i guess you might be young? so i understand that you don’t know the meaning of it so instead of arguing with you i’ll try to show you why i asked this question earlier in the thread to see what atrl (a forum with a majority of gay users) members were thinking of the song title. firstly i’m not american so i’m myself not entirely aware of everything that surrounds "love wins" but basically it is historically strongly linked with gay marriage in the US (and other countries as well) AND with the horrible mass shooting that happened in a gay club in america a few years ago. queer people have also being ARRESTED in russia for using "love wins". you see that these aren’t considered "common words". like i said earlier, they’ve also been used in korea just a few months ago to celebrate the court rulling that same sex couples can benefit equal health insurance as straight couples

here’s an article from the Korea Times that was posted today which explain the current controversy around IU at the moment in korea.

https://m.koreatimes.co.kr/pages/article.amp.asp?newsIdx=367187

and i asked those questions AS A FAN. i’m sorry if i was aggressive earlier but i didn’t ask for people blindly defending my faves, i asked for opinions about the title and controversy :hug:

A word or combination of words can have more than 1 meaning. Love wins literally means love is winning. It can also mean that slogan or a bazillion other things. All can be used with their respective context to mean 1 thing. The context behind IU's song is her relationship with her fans, therefore love wins is about her love for her fans and their love for her, not another meaning. If you are misinterpreting her song on purpose for the sake of getting upset after it was explained to you many times, that's on you and that's a you problem, not IU's problem.

Edited by geniecantstophypeboy
  • Like 3

All members of I-DLE in reality have bobs :deadbanana4:

That NXDE era really did damage on them.

4 minutes ago, geniecantstophypeboy said:

A word or combination of words can have more than 1 meaning. Love wins literally means love is winning. It can also mean that slogan or a bazillion other things. All can be used with their respective context to mean 1 thing. The context behind IU's song is her relationship with her fans, therefore love wins is about her love for her fans and their love for her, not another meaning. If you are misinterpreting her song on purpose for the sake of getting upset after it was explained to you many times, that's on you and that's a you problem, not IU's problem.

iu using a queer-centric phrase that people were arrested and killed for, for her self-centered song is indeed her problem and she’s rightfully getting dragged and is in the center of the controversy right now. "love wins" is still trending at #1 in korea as we speak despite hyuna dating a criminal with the majority of people dragging iu. as a fan, it’s what she deserves ❤️

it’s very worrying that you’re using a rhetoric that homophobes have been using against queer people in a gay forum, though.

• Like 2
  • Thumbs Down 1

32 minutes ago, Save-Me-Oprah said:

it’s not that serious

spacer.png

Sometimes it seems like they are just waiting for an excuse to act unhinged

I don't understand why BP atracts pseudo-bullies to their fandom :coffee2:

9 minutes ago, Sailor Moon said:

She sat in the studio, and said lemme make some history.

the way she has such an immaculate discography that this song isn’t even near the top 20 of her best songs :jonny:

too bad love wins will be a stain and she needs a bts member every damn eras now. can taedley cooper save her career?

IU will probably smash, but who cares, she hasn't released a good song in like 12 years

:gaycat4:

• Confused 1

6 minutes ago, Windy Day said:

iu using a queer-centric phrase that people were arrested and killed for, for her self-centered song is indeed her problem and she’s rightfully getting dragged and is in the center of the controversy right now. "love wins" is still trending at #1 in korea as we speak despite hyuna dating a criminal with the majority of people dragging iu. as a fan, it’s what she deserves ❤️

it’s very worrying that you’re using a rhetoric that homophobes have been using against queer people in a gay forum, though.

especially considering how homophobic the kpop industry but I'll give her the benefit of the doubt and not assume her sexuality

• Like 1

I'm still baffled at how Hyuna spent 16 years of her career building all that female empowerment. Just to turn around and date a sexual predator...

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, Windy Day said:

the way she has such an immaculate discography that this song isn’t even near the top 20 of her best songs :jonny:

too bad love wins will be a stain and she needs a bts member every damn eras now. can taedley cooper save her career?

Not when the lilac era was a total smash (and solo). Even her cute winter lullaby did well and went #1.

Like I've said before, IU is the last artist that will need anoter artist to smash. The other girlies were lucky she took a break.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Dottie Hinkle said:

especially considering how homophobic the kpop industry but I'll give her the benefit of the doubt and not assume her sexuality

exactly. but lbr, regardless of her sexuality, using something as meaningful as love wins which was also massively used after a mass shooting to talk about her "personal journey of overcoming hatred directed at her" is literally weirdo behavior and i’ll never understand the inability of some fans to admit when their faves are in the wrong

• Like 1

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.