K-Pop Thread: Red Velvet we love you so much; stream Cosmic!

Ryan

Wait IVE bombing internationally. I thought Heya was a smash

• Replies 50.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Save-Me-Oprah

• youresotoxic

• MonsterNavy

• hallucinate

33 minutes ago, levi_valvi said:

yeah they're relegated to a b-tier group with aespa and LSRFM

congratulations to newjeans for being the only group left in a-tier :clap3:  

3 minutes ago, playboi said:

yeah they're relegated to a b-tier group with aespa and LSRFM

congratulations to newjeans for being the only group left in a-tier :clap3:  

Honestly I think kpop in general just ain't as big as it used to be internationally. Plus, people move on so much faster these days.

57 minutes ago, levi_valvi said:

People are just tasteless snd that's okay

• Like 2

Not an IVE vs lesser version now

Truly the best performers of Kpop :clap3:

The way they never aged. :clap3:

• Like 1

Baddie deserved 100 days on Spotify Global

image.thumb.png.339c7bd8c25ca41885ad63b4

• Like 3

BADDIE feels like something i-fans will like

cant believe it didn't even enter Spotify global chart

people are truly tasteless

1 hour ago, levi_valvi said:

not really enough international promo to have them charting on global

le sserafim had coachella (and the controversy surrounding it + smart's controversy) to push them back onto the charts

hopefully if ive releases before lolla, that'll help push them onto the chart too, or at least help with some of their older releases

22 minutes ago, newaespa said:

BADDIE feels like something i-fans will like

cant believe it didn't even enter Spotify global chart

people are truly tasteless

i agree but it doesn't really have the sound that people are going for. if we focus on tiktok appeal alone everyones going for hyperpop, amapiano, dnb, whatever 6arelyhuman is doing, and house music.
someone needs to rip off charli xcx's concept if they want a chance at global appeal

7 minutes ago, hanni said:

i agree but it doesn't really have the sound that people are going for. if we focus on tiktok appeal alone everyones going for hyperpop, amapiano, dnb, whatever 6arelyhuman is doing, and house music.
someone needs to rip off charli xcx's concept if they want a chance at global appeal

No offence to Charli XCX, but it's not like she herself has the "global appeal" you speak of

She had massive influence on pop music and hyperpop but she's a very niche artist now

6jqr4Zd.gif

• Haha 1

:sistrens:

• Like 4

heya surpassing 68 plays on my last fm charts

smash hit confirmed

spacer.png

• Like 4

14 minutes ago, illia said:

No offence to Charli XCX, but it's not like she herself has the "global appeal" you speak of

She had massive influence on pop music and hyperpop but she's a very niche artist now

6jqr4Zd.gif

I agree she's not a "main pop girl" but she has the sound that has that tiktok virality right now

that being said people were eating up make you mine on tiktok but that failed to enter the hot 100. i don't know lol

32 minutes ago, hanni said:

So are we just pretending aespa doesn't exist now or? :skull:

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, hanni said:

not really enough international promo to have them charting on global

le sserafim had coachella (and the controversy surrounding it + smart's controversy) to push them back onto the charts

hopefully if ive releases before lolla, that'll help push them onto the chart too, or at least help with some of their older releases

They had international promo when Love Dive, Eleven and After like charted on global Spotify?

spacer.png

Why is the MHJ and Bang PD drama so quiet today. What's happening.

6jqr4Zd.gif

• Haha 1

14 minutes ago, Nein said:

Why is the MHJ and Bang PD drama so quiet today. What's happening.

6jqr4Zd.gif

My gut tells me Bang PD is in hospital. The nurses aren't facilitating the process, I believe. 

6jqr4Zd.gif

1 hour ago, Save-Me-Oprah said:

:sistrens:

He's giving me cutiepie Sunoo vibes with this cut. :gaycat3:

:clap3:

• Like 1

Kpop companies are investing too much time and money on "viral marketing" and "A&R for trendy music" and not enough on talent (both staff and idols), skills, and a strong branding for their girl groups. HYBE and SM in particular are bogged down by bureaucracy and top-heavy management, stiffing the creatives, and are incapable of putting out a good product of good quality. The last 2 HYBE GGs having some of the least talented idols in the industry and some of the most derivative branding, with no sign of improvement, is laughable coming from a "top company".

This formula that revolves around "forced virality" might work for BGs to expose many kpop fans to the idols and build a big fanbase of this parasocial relationship, it won't work for GGs that tap more into the general population from genuine public interest and critical reception. Kpop fans may be deaf and blind, the rest of the world isn't. They quickly see through the cracks and see idols for what they are, actors. And when those actors are devoid of artistry, lack their own personality, and the teams behind them are slacking off, there is nothing left to write home about.

YG is about to eat SM, JYP and HYBE again with BM and TBL NGG because they are the only ones to debut not completely unprepared idols in a neat little package. Regardless of how everyone feels about BM, they are still light-years ahead of every other group sans NJ when it comes to putting out a cohesive, good quality product. They have their own musical and visual identity that is reflected through everything they do and every piece of content they put out, and that's saying a lot about HYBE, SM, JYP, Starship given what YG is doing isn't great by any mean.

6jqr4Zd.gif

• Haha 3
  • Confused 5

Posted (edited)
9 hours ago, MonsterNavy said:

good for stray kids I guess but atleast book a fashionable group like RIIZE or TXT? its the MET ffs

skz might be the most tackiest and has zero sense of style 4th gen bg out there but its tommy hilfiger so maybe its really not that deep

:suburban:

The RIIZE sneak :suburban:You also seem bitter that NCT DREAM didn't get the invite :suburban:

Cause Met Gala is not something that can just be booked, you have to get an INVITE from Anna Winthour herself.

And not you saying that SKZ not being fashionable? :redface:

Aside from being ambassadors for Tommy Hilfiger as a group

982959c3ade5cc56d0d79ecfa92479f7.jpg6cf6439ad5a5377103f5d63cca70e41f.jpg

6/8 members are also working luxury brands:

Spoiler

Hyunjin - Versace (Global Ambassador) 

88dedf2a5824c39050eebcf95724e974.jpgc09c04dc65f0c96b8217206a65fb67ff.jpg

Felix - Luis Vuitton (Global ambassador)

405190a8c104e9262a01d8ea26db8169.jpgc46e0e79faa1c281e06106ffcc27c90a.jpg

I.N - Alexander MxQueen 

a582dba349af47bdaf49c026ac476f18.jpgc1e8bb4917c406d73af25fbe1055104e.jpg

Lee Know - Gucci

204ee4cc35ba65380a1fe47ef174fcc6.jpg6d8b9de0e8e60ef23e9203d9a3ffb8b6.jpg

Seungmin - Loewe

e688382e6d080605dd484535fda3a7f0.jpg81f24adffab0ca43d94402dacf8dbb2e.jpg

Bang Chan - Givenchy

d4ae61d83141b8249b2d0b85b0d9336b.jpg2b3146f7861f13d90923d80bdcb2735e.jpg

Edited by Pluto6
  • Thumbs Down 1

26 minutes ago, geniecantstophypeboy said:

Kpop companies are investing too much time and money on "viral marketing" and "A&R for trendy music" and not enough on talent (both staff and idols), skills, and a strong branding for their girl groups. HYBE and SM in particular are bogged down by bureaucracy and top-heavy management, stiffing the creatives, and are incapable of putting out a good product of good quality. The last 2 HYBE GGs having some of the least talented idols in the industry and some of the most derivative branding, with no sign of improvement, is laughable coming from a "top company".

This formula that revolves around "forced virality" might work for BGs to expose many kpop fans to the idols and build a big fanbase of this parasocial relationship, it won't work for GGs that tap more into the general population from genuine public interest and critical reception. Kpop fans may be deaf and blind, the rest of the world isn't. They quickly see through the cracks and see idols for what they are, actors. And when those actors are devoid of artistry, lack their own personality, and the teams behind them are slacking off, there is nothing left to write home about.

YG is about to eat SM, JYP and HYBE again with BM and TBL NGG because they are the only ones to debut not completely unprepared idols in a neat little package. Regardless of how everyone feels about BM, they are still light-years ahead of every other group sans NJ when it comes to putting out a cohesive, good quality product. They have their own musical and visual identity that is reflected through everything they do and every piece of content they put out, and that's saying a lot about HYBE, SM, JYP, Starship given what YG is doing isn't great by any mean.

6jqr4Zd.gif

Not you acting like JYP didn't debut NMIXX 2 years ago, who are literally the strongest girl group vocally since MAMAMOO 

6jqr4Zd.gif

1 minute ago, Pluto6 said:

Not you acting like JYP didn't debut NMIXX 2 years ago, who are literally the strongest girl group vocally since MAMAMOO 

6jqr4Zd.gif

NMIXX have the branding of a wet potato. What even is their "thing"? They don't even look like an idol group when they are together, however talented they may be individually. NMIXX branding is so bad, they are worse than the sum of its parts.

6jqr4Zd.gif

The fact that they still have AOTY on lock :ghostface:

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.