K-Pop Thread: Red Velvet we love you so much; stream Cosmic!

Ryan

Where are the BLACKPINK solos.

It's been a hot minute since we heard anything from them. 

When does Jennie drop her ZICO song?

6jqr4Zd.gif

• Replies 50.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Save-Me-Oprah

• youresotoxic

• MonsterNavy

• hallucinate

1 minute ago, Nein said:

Where are the BLACKPINK solos.

It's been a hot minute since we heard anything from them. 

When does Jennie drop her ZICO song?

6jqr4Zd.gif

3 hours 30 minutes

41 minutes ago, Panda17 said:

The peoples girl group

5 minutes ago, Diesel is Desire said:

3 hours 30 minutes

OMG! Not it coming today. I am seated and ready. Hopefully this is a hit like "any song".

6jqr4Zd.gif

• Like 2

58 minutes ago, kendoll2001 said:

DSn4AP.gif

[+566] You can totally tell that Bang Shi Hyuk is not happy that Min Hee Jin is doing better than him ㅠㅠ He hates her, just like how Charles hated Diana

newjeans and minijean the people's princesses :heart2:

Edited by Windy Day
  • Haha 2

Ugh so much star-quality in that NJ photoshoot. They're all so effortlessly cool without trying hard to look a certain way. MHJ really know how to pick + present real talents eh? 

6jqr4Zd.gif

Edited by Nido
  • Like 4

8 minutes ago, Nido said:

Ugh so much star-quality in that NJ photoshoot. They're all so effortlessly cool without trying hard to look a certain way. MHJ really know how to pick + present real talents eh? 

6jqr4Zd.gif

no wonder some people hate newjeans with a passion omg. they were in my most listened artists in 2022 but i never considered myself a stan since i dont even know half of the members. but they're truly a one of kind group

6jqr4Zd.gif

they shouldve performed this at the actual event. this phone-in music bank performance didnt really give the give.

7 minutes ago, Windy Day said:

no wonder some people hate newjeans with a passion omg. they were in my most listened artists in 2022 but i never considered myself a stan since i dont even know half of the members. but they're truly a one of kind group

6jqr4Zd.gif

The way it hasn't been the same since the day I randomly entered this thread in 2022, minutes after they surprise drop the Attention video. Wow, what a moment... a moment that is most pleasing to me.

Having lived through my 2nd gen Kpop stan phase in middle school, I almost dropped the whole genre altogether after things became stale and predictable. These girls + MHJ singlehandedly reintroduced (and introduced) a lot of people back into Kpop again. I literally bought the Bluebook album (my first K-pop album purchase) + their LINE collab merch because it finally felt good again to listen to K-pop (and maybe cause Ms. Hanni is Viet-Australian). They're truly a once in a generation kind of group. 

6jqr4Zd.gif

• Like 3

18 minutes ago, Bewitched said:

Wtf 

what the hell is going on this year :hoetenks:

if she's retiring, I'm guessing it's probably a wrap for ALICE soon since she's like their most popular member 

13 minutes ago, Bewitched said:

Wtf 

Sad how no one noticed Bella and Hyeseong running away with rich guys, but Sohee requires a press release.

:cm:

Spoiler

12 hours ago, Xalric said:

Wait she really is the one who said KIOF Haneul was too old. :deadbanana4:

Nobody can deny she's good at her job.

12 hours ago, New Edition said:

BSH wanting to copy Billie Eilish for his new gg. :bibliahh:

I mean how would that have worked??? :toofunny2:

Before BTS' fluky success, the top pop producer turned business man was Kim Dohoon, and his Purky girls have been influenced by Billie Eilish a number of times.  And then there's that group owned by SM and managed by former top Loen executives that straight up named their artsyfartsy group Billlie.  It's just kpop!

11 hours ago, Panda17 said:

Both groups were associated with BTS, by the media, but the promotion of Newjeans in Korea was behind the title of Min Hee Jin's new girl group. The media would always say that it was an interesting choice. This BTS little sister narrative is not so true.

Just looking at Bighybe's recent earnings reports (done before there was any public knowledge of Min Heejin going rogue), they didn't delineate subsidiary performance -- all the good idol group results were presented as going to the main company's bottom line.

11 hours ago, BlackAura said:

Just a question..... Is something fishy going on with the government in Korea rn ??? Like public officials getting sued/investigated/elections/new laws being pushed, etc ???

:khalyan2:

You think they actually took down pannchoa to protect the teenyboppers?

11 hours ago, OrionHwang said:

OMH keep saying Min Hee Jin pedo this pedo that, but in fact NewJeans girls were always wearing very long safety pants, while those pig mans in HYBE keeping making minors like Eunchae doing sexy dance and ILLIT girls wearing SEE THROUGH skirt :rip:

They learned from the disaster that was Weeekly, where the actual school uniforms the girls were wearing revealed more skin than the stage uniforms they were performing in.  Really turned off a potential audience from spending less time at school.

11 hours ago, Rhyme said:

I think HYBE overplayed it. Fifty Fifty are basically nobodies so the media blitz worked but MHJ might be a bit too famous to turn the public against her with just the media.

Fifty Fifty broke down when Warner Music decided to stop supporting the crooked Ahn Sungil soon after signing their deal with aespa, so in someways aespa stomped Fifty Fifty, but that's obviously one of those kpop coincidences.  In this version, the crooked exec tried going after the biggest label in Korea, without even major label support.  Kinda gutsy.  Or just crazy.

11 hours ago, I Melt Away said:

It's crazy. Majority of K-YouTube (which has lots of right-wing leaning boomer Koreans who spend their days leaving hate comments), the "left"-leaning female K-communities like Nate Pann/TheQoo/K-Stan Twitter, and the right-leaning/incel male communities like FMKorea are on MHJ's side (or at least sympathize with her) after MHJ's press conference.

On the right side, most of the comments are condemning PD Bang for trusting a woman in the first place, and that Heejin is pretty when she cries.

11 hours ago, Windy Day said:

then why did she work with irene for so long?

At SM her position was more of a staffer level, so of course she was scared of Irene.

10 hours ago, FACT said:

I didn't expect bpd to be that obsessed with aespa :rip: The audacity He thought the Le can end …. with those vocal cords ? He thought he ate The embarrassment jumped out :skull: 

10 hours ago, Sailor Moon said:

You would think Min Heejin is a kpop artist with the amount of media press she has :deadbanana2:

Bighybe created this monster during the run up of Newjeans handbag launch.

10 hours ago, mathekr said:

I wonder what happened in a parallel timeline where BPD managed to get his hands on SM.

We truly dodged a bullet.

He was never in it for SM, he was in it for his new friend Lee Sooman could get all the money out of the situation, as Bang PD was the new kid in the club.  Surprised he wanted to stop aespa rather than bury them in the ground like a tree sapling.

9 hours ago, illia said:

I noticed it too. It's sad because woo!ah! had some charm to it, while WOOAH kinda gets lost in hundreds of other uppercase group names

@harrythevifan do you know why they changed it?

The new investor in the company didn't like the old name of the company, probably doesn't like exclamation points!

6 hours ago, FACT said:

I have a feeling a very strong feeling that Mama Heejin will be able to take ADOR and NewJeans with her :nicole2:

Why would New Jeans want to go to prison?

6 hours ago, Bewitched said:

Welp I guess this officially confirms that NATURE has disbanded since their company won't announce it.

Haru now works at a hostess club 

Uchae is also a cheerleader.  There was a news article about the company's CEO that read more like a press release/state-of-the-n.CH and didn't really mention Nature's future, either.  Apparently they're auditioning new girls.  Maybe CEO Changhwan can hire his old friend from SM as the art director for that group. :fan:

5 hours ago, Aniston's Boobs said:

to think bang pd and bts were once underdogs

bangpd need to stay humble and to not forget his roots. all that bts money really got into his head and belly

Underdogs to who? Got7?

He may not have been as well known internationally like his good friend JYP, but he had all the experience, financing, notoriety and connections to succeed in idol entertainment.  Just needed some luck, like Block B disappearing and someone thinking the future for Got7 was in aerial martial arts, for example.

1 hour ago, Xalric said:

So this is basically Red Velvet... :matty:

6f1oSKO.gif

57 minutes ago, supertiffany said:

omg this is so good the OG YG sound

btw who's that hottie in the tub?

Jinu from Jinusean.

Yes they served a JLO tea with 2 versions of the single one for the pop girlies one for R&B girlies.

I see why Yang Hyun Suk was waiting for Ahyeon... 

I mean she is THE MOMENT here.

While the CEOs are fighting, another CEO is shooting and posting challenges, with illit & New Jeans... Zico has no decorum or chill. :deadbanana4:

Still can't believe I witnessed this song live when I turned 23 this year.

And heard Taylor's 22 for the last time before I turned 23 this year too.

The stars aligned for me this year.

6jqr4Zd.gif

9 hours ago, hallucinate said:

slay a biT girls

spacer.png

LocalIVE at the top :clap3:

51 minutes ago, Bewitched said:

Wtf 

Wtf? Not the best body in kpop leaving us :deadbanana4:

15 minutes ago, Xalric said:

While the CEOs are fighting, another CEO is shooting and posting challenges, with illit & New Jeans... Zico has no decorum or chill. :deadbanana4:

He's really about to do the Spot challenge with the all industry while Jennie will be chilling at her house :dies:

Edited by Adama

i'm obsessed I need em all :smitten: 

5 minutes ago, Adama said:

This is so hot wow :WAP:

omg I love it so much :WAP:

jackson :WAP:

3 hours ago, Aniston's Boobs said:

GMDmrUmXEAAZkXL?format=jpg&name=large

haerin and dani :soda::allears:

they look gorgeous

perched for the cb

Kinda wanna go see the aespa movie in theater tomorrow but I went to see a BLACKPINK movie once and it was the worst experience of my life.

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Sonny said:

Kinda wanna go see the aespa movie in theater tomorrow but I went to see a BLACKPINK movie once and it was the worst experience of my life.

literally :rip: 

it was just the netflix documentary with additional 10mins of new interview we were scammed :toofunny2:

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

This whole HYBE vs. ADOR might be planned by a mastermind.mp3 :gaycat1:

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.