K-Pop Thread: Lisa channels her inner ROCKSTAR, serves MPG

Ryan

19 minutes ago, Xalric said:

The funny thing about HYBE doing all these... It's no different from what other companies where doing, when they did the viral marketing via Facebook and other social media, which catapulted a lot of their act at #1. Remember Shaun, and his Way Back Home song, that all Korea knew because the song was just everywhere, and ended up going up on the charts because the company was smart to do it, he even blocked Twice.

Well, it's no different with ILLIT & NEW JEANS, and trust me they are not the only company to do it, I mean that Byul y byul y byul y byul song from Stray Kids playing on an official Kpop Girl Group focused playlist or that Candy cover being after every song. Let's not even talk about the Batter Up & SHEESH also everywhere on Spotify and YouTube despite never looking for them. 

So yeah if SHAUN was a sajaegi hit, then most of the created viral take are also it at some point. Even if the public and their fandom ending growing liking the songs. But it is what it is. Even one of my fave with Queencard is also a culprit of it. So let's not even bring this on the table...

It really show and picture how fabricated a hit can be with some coins and some marketing. But with a fandom big enough and an interest of the public this created virality can transform itself on a big hit machine... This is where YG fumbled when they did the whole ads with Batter Up, with a bit of promotions online and offline the created buzz could have been transformed into something big as there was an interest... But yeah

I mean everyone knows this already. SM, JYP, YG even big labels in mainstream music 

That's just how industry was build and works.

All this top groups right now will eventually be replace by another, it's a cycle. It's just a matter of time who will actually fair in the long run without all this machinery behind. 

• Replies 52.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Save-Me-Oprah

• youresotoxic

• MonsterNavy

• hallucinate

Aw this is cute. I guess he's thinking about Mark's finger

• Like 2

1 hour ago, TheCal said:

finally can post Sohee while still boycotting:jonny:

well not quite! I had a moment of weakness but that doesn't mean we can give up the fight

GKDWg2RaUAAY13s?format=jpg&name=small

unwhitewashed jeno and jaemin :WAP:

dumbass koreans needa stop whitewashing my men!!!!

• Like 4

:soda:

• Haha 1

aespa are for the adults I fear :suburban:

• Haha 1

35 minutes ago, Xalric said:

The funny thing about HYBE doing all these... It's no different from what other companies where doing, when they did the viral marketing via Facebook and other social media, which catapulted a lot of their act at #1. Remember Shaun, and his Way Back Home song, that all Korea knew because the song was just everywhere, and ended up going up on the charts because the company was smart to do it, he even blocked Twice.

Well, it's no different with ILLIT & NEW JEANS, and trust me they are not the only company to do it, I mean that Byul y byul y byul y byul song from Stray Kids playing on an official Kpop Girl Group focused playlist or that Candy cover being after every song. Let's not even talk about the Batter Up & SHEESH also everywhere on Spotify and YouTube despite never looking for them. 

So yeah if SHAUN was a sajaegi hit, then most of the created viral take are also it at some point. Even if the public and their fandom ending growing liking the songs. But it is what it is. Even one of my fave with Queencard is also a culprit of it. So let's not even bring this on the table...

It really show and picture how fabricated a hit can be with some coins and some marketing. But with a fandom big enough and an interest of the public this created virality can transform itself on a big hit machine... This is where YG fumbled when they did the whole ads with Batter Up, with a bit of promotions online and offline the created buzz could have been transformed into something big as there was an interest... But yeah

we get it, litally everyone does it in kpop but more than half of babymonsters youtube views are ads

most kpop groups do ads but only 25% of the views are from it. yg is taking it a bit too far 

on spotify, its pretty normal even western songs get autoplay (flowers, nonsense etc) but it looks way more fraulent when kpop groups does it since for example ILLIT are literally unknown but already outstreaming the main pop girls on spotify right now like be so fr :deadbanana:

2 minutes ago, geniecantstophypeboy said:

2 stars way too high imo

• Like 1

Once BM will get that hit. I know this base will flip flop on them eventually :foxaylove3:

3 minutes ago, MonsterNavy said:

unwhitewashed jeno and jaemin :WAP:

dumbass koreans needa stop whitewashing my men!!!!

I honestly don't know why they do it.

They look so much better with their natural skin color. 

The only one that look good pale are the ones that are naturally like that. :coffee2:

2 minutes ago, MonsterNavy said:

2 stars way too high imo

2 stars for the Charlie Puth song :cm:

Edited by geniecantstophypeboy

4 minutes ago, Odette Violet said:

aespa are for the adults I fear :suburban:

Nice try HYBE Corporation, 13+ isn't an adult. Give @Odette Violet their account back :suburban:

• Haha 1

Their highest selling korean album is only at 480K but a #1 album of the year and the only GG in herstory with multiple weeks in Men's territory

Say thank you Hag's Generation 

Genie kpop snsd GIF - Find on GIFER

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Rainy Devil said:

I honestly don't know why they do it.

They look so much better with their natural skin color. 

The only one that look good pale are the ones that are naturally like that. :coffee2:

they are so obsessed with pale skin it crazy :deadbanana:

daughter paying homage to mothers 

janet-jackson.gif?ex=661b945b&is=66091f5

• Like 4

5 minutes ago, Odette Violet said:

Once BM will get that hit. I know this base will flip flop on them eventually :foxaylove3:

I wouldve stan ILLIT by now if thats the case

:suburban:

• Haha 3

2 minutes ago, moxcy said:

daughter paying homage to mothers 

blackpink's real mothers are snsd. the way every single snsd member has shown love to blackpink not once not twice but multiple times

2no1 literally could never

Edited by MonsterNavy

YG peaked with 2NE1 and BP is their biggest act ever. I wish all the luck for the Baby Monster girlies :matty:

6 minutes ago, MonsterNavy said:

blackpink's real mothers are snsd. the way every single snsd has showed love to blackpink not once not twice but multiple times

2no1 literally could never

Even after CL's demo vault ran out they still couldn't help but lick the scraps off of 2NE1's plate for their disbandment video, you're pathologically unserious.

Edited by Sheep
  • Thanks 2

the likes?????? :deadbanana:

leave my man alone!!!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

1 minute ago, MonsterNavy said:

the likes?????? :deadbanana:

leave my man alone!!!

GKZtaHqasAAlH4c?format=jpg&name=900x900

• Haha 3

1 minute ago, Sheep said:

Even after CL's demo vault ran out they still couldn't help but lick the scraps off of 2NE1's plate for their disbandment video, you're pathologically unserious.

what's this supposed to prove? :toofunny2:

I said snsd showed blackpink love and support more than 2ne1 (who never acknowledged blackpink's existence btw) ever will 

Scatstink are 2NE1's endorsement model impersonators. 2NE1's real daughters are aespa but this thread isn't ready for that discussion. :clack:

• Thumbs Down 1

Jeno and Mark have been looking so HOT recently :jonny5::jonny5:

thank you Smoothie era, we LOVE you :jonny5:

Edited by youresotoxic
  • Like 1

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.